Pangulasian is a breathtakingly beautiful private island. An immaculate luxury resort where the amazing location and first class service, staff and food easily justified the cost and time taken to get here. It is a long way from our home (New York), but was our Philippine highlight and is now one of our best ever holidays.
Arriving was an adventure itself, a small plane from Manila, a few minutes in a jeepney (jeep), then 30 minutes in a boat sailing by tiny islands, beaches and limescale cliffs, arriving as the sun was setting, Amazing!
We stayed in Canopy Villa 36, a large, gorgeous villa on stilts on the edge of the forest. A big balcony with ocean, sunrise and sunset views. And the occasional monkey in the trees!
We had come from 3 nights in sister property Lagen and did some trips from there (big, little lagoon, cave), so were happy to spend time at Pangulasian relaxing by the pool, and exploring the beach. We did one boat trip to the lagoons, and a guided snorkle at the beach, which was excellent. Without the guide we would have missed the turtle and some of the special fish.
- snorkeling, tropical fish nibbling my fingers, swimming with a sea turtle, seeing baby blacktip reef sharks
- sunbathing by the pool and watching a monkey in the trees above
- private, candlelit dinner for our anniversary
- thanksgiving dinner by the pool covered in candles, with live local music/dancing (tinikling!)
- 5.30am sunrise hike to the viewing deck with 360 views of El Nido
I would recommend...
- booking flights to arrive as early as possible and leave as late as possible, get as much island time as possible
- take a big camera memory card & underwater camera, so many amazing sun rise, sun set, monkeys, tropical fish and island life to photograph!
- if you like to snorkel, take a top to wear in the water, we don't have one and have the sun burn to prove it, after two hours in the water
- we stayed 3 nights, would have loved longer, 4 or 5...
- Also Known As:
- El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island Palawan Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pangulasian Island is El Nido Resorts’ eco-luxury island hideaway in Bacuit Bay, El Nido, Palawan. The resort is set fronting a pristine beach and against a backdrop of tropical forest. Also known as the “Island of the Sun”, Pangulasian has breathtaking views of both the sunrise and sunset. Frolic in the 750-meter stretch of white sand beach and be amazed by the marine sanctuary right at its doorstep. Discover diverse flora and fauna thriving in its forest.Discerning guests will be treated to luxurious amenities and impeccable and personalized service at Pangulasian Island. The resort offers a total of 42 deluxe accommodations built with contemporary Filipino and cutting edge “green” design. Resort facilities include a boutique, library, restaurant and bar at the Clubhouse, an infinity pool with beach bar, gym, spa, hiking trail with view deck, Scuba Shack and marine sports center. Located just minutes away are vibrant coral reefs and El Nido Resorts’ Beach Clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.