“Excellent guide for first time divers” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 25 Activities in El Nido
Type: Water sports, Adventure
Seoul, South Korea
“Excellent guide for first time divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a "Discover Scuba Diving" trip - 3 dives with maximum depth of 12 meters for people without a diving certificate. Firstly, the dive sights were amazing. Tons of beautiful things to see. More specific to Adventure Scuba, the dive instructor (Jonathan?) was really great. Fluent English and easy to understand directions, good sense of humor, and really seemed interested in making sure that we were all enjoying ourselves. During the dives, he went a little ahead of us to scope out the more interesting sights, while a second dive instructor stayed in back to make sure no one strayed too far off course. With two dive instructors watching out for us, they gave us more freedom than we had been given by another dive place we tried out in Puerto Princessa. We could go off (within a reasonable distance) to explore the area on our own rather than just following the head dive master in a line. It really made the experience more enjoyable.

Adventure Scuba also has an underwater camera for rent for about USD 30 (I think it was PHP 1000, to be exact). This was a must-buy deal. The assistant dive master took care of getting shots and videos of not only the scenery, but also pics of us for keepsakes. I didn't see the underwater camera advertised anywhere in the shop; the lady booking our tour only mentioned it when my boyfriend happened to say something about getting me a waterproof case for my camera next time. But this is a great feature that Adventure Scuba should make more use of and advertise more, I think. Be sure to ask them about it. We had to buy a USB drive from the Art Cafe next door for another USD 20 or so. It was a pretty cheap USB drive and about half of the pictures turned out to be corrupted when we got home to look at them. Can't fault Adventure Scuba for that, but just try to remember to bring your own thumb drive (4 Gb or more is best) so you won't have that problem.

Visited January 2013

Hyvinkaa, Finland
“Rocknolla!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was diving here several days. A really good dive operator. Professional, friendly, lovely, funny and helpfull people. DMs knows the sites like they own pockets. Good briefing before every dives, it is allways important even you are not a beginner. I met a guy in Puerto P. before I went to El Nido and he recommended to dive with Adventure Scuba, and I am very glad that I did! So, I can also highly recommend to go diving with them! It was hard to leave, but guys, I'll be back someday! Be aware :)

Visited November 2012
dubai
4 attraction reviews
“Great day diving in El Nido”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We did a 3 dive trip with these guys. There are super friendly and professional.
The prices were very acceptable as it cost us barely US$ 50 per pax inclusive of food for the lunch break.
The sites are genuinely interesting and full of the usual marine life such as turtles, barracudas, and other eagle rays. Highly recommendable.

Visited October 2012
“Perfect to learn how to dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

Very professional and trustful dive teacher and the newest dive equipment. We went diving for the first time and were totally happy in the end. The instructions couldn't have been better and we felt very save all the time. Everyone was very friendly and we got a special tour combining beaches and dives. We had a very good time diving in el nido, thanks to all of you!

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“Best dive operation I have ever experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

These guys are so friendly and professional, such a happy environment. They made our day special. The dive guides are awesome and know the sites well, boatman and helpers were great also. The equipment is all brand new which is such a nice change to what we are used to when diving in Asia. I was also pleasantly surprised at the high diversity of marine life in El Nido when diving.

Well done guys, thanks for the great experience!

Visited January 2012
jhon r, Manager at Adventure Scuba, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your encouranging and inspiring message.. I hope to see you again soon.

thanks a lot,