“Does what it says on the tin” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marikit Pension (El Nido)

Marikit Pension (El Nido)
You added Marikit Pension (El Nido) to your Saves list
Marikit Pension (El Nido)
Osmena St., Zone 3, Bgy Masagana | Poblacion, El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 50 El Nido B&B and Inns
“Does what it says on the tin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this understated pension house for 3 nights during Chinese New Year. I cannot fault the service, from my emails with the owner when we booked until we checked out.

The pension is located a walk away from the beach and as such it isn't as busy as the main area. All rooms have a connected balcony outside, where you can sit and have breakfast or relax after a day island hopping. Our room was clean and the bed was ok.

Also, although the Pension organises tours and bus rides to Puerto we chose to do it ourselves as we were able to negotiate better rates.

Only regret I had was not initially booking for the duration of our stay and then being unable to because it was fully booked.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Paranaque, Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We travelled as a family in January 2013. We arrived at 1am from Puerto Prinsesa but they still accepted us since usually other hotels/pension houses would charge 2 nights since we will be leaving at 6pm the next day. The place is just few walks to the beachfront, they fixed the tours for us as well as the van to Puerto Prinsesa. Kuya Sonny assisted us in our tours and other needs and even gave us tips so we could save. they don't provide toiletries so make suer to bring your own. Amenities are quite standard which is okay since it's not like you'll be staying there for the rest of the day. My parents slept well during our stay and Ms. Merlie was kind enough to monitor us on our way to El Nido. Great experience indeed! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Metro Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at Marikit Pension House for two nights. It's located a few blocks away from the beachfront. It's also very near the van terminal going to Puerto Princesa.

For my first morning in El Nido I ordered breakfast from them and scheduled it at 7AM. When I opened my door before 7AM I was pleasantly surprised to see that my breakfast was already available. This was really a plus point for them. They really have a good service. As for the amenities, it's pretty standard. They have a double-sized bed, A/C, toilet and shower. They only have cold shower though, but it's ok since it can be very hot in El Nido. They also provide two bath towels. However they do not provide toiletries so you better bring your own (soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste). This did not bother me since this is not really a hotel but a pension house. What I love about it the most is that it's very quiet.

So yeah, overall I enjoyed my stay at Marikit pension house.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Marikit Pension (El Nido)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marikit Pension (El Nido)

Address: Osmena St., Zone 3, Bgy Masagana | Poblacion, El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Mimaropa > Palawan Province > Palawan Island > El Nido
Ranked #9 of 50 B&Bs / Inns in El Nido
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Marikit Pension (El Nido) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marikit Pension (El Nido) Palawan Island

If you own or manage Marikit Pension (El Nido), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.