I'm struggling to find enough words of praise for the resort, the staff and the dive centre. The whole experience was top notch. The reservation process was really well organized by Amy who responded to all my queries really quickly and in a detailed way. Amy was there to greet us on arrival with a delicious coconut drink. We stayed for a week, and were treated incredibly well by all the staff and were made to feel like family, including Andy (the King of Sangat) owner of the resort. We stayed in the hill top villa for 3 days and a hillside villa for 4 days. There was a better breeze down by the beach, but the hill top room was more spacious and closer to the monkeys. The food was great and plentiful even though there were 2 large groups there while we stayed.... Tempura prawns and sashimi were my highlights, but the crab, squid, chicken, pork ribs and fresh fish were also delicious when you consider the remoteness and basic nature of the facilities the kitchen were working with they did better than a lot of the good restaurants in Singapore. Brian who works in the bar and restaurant is a legend and really cares about the quality and service of your stay.
The scenery and the beach are picture perfect, and the island is very unspoiled, birds, butterflies, lizards and the cheeky monkeys all around. We stupidly left our doors open at sunset in the hill top villa and were invaded by a bat. It just hung out in our bathroom which was a little unnerving in the shower! The lack of electricity during the day is not an issue as you can still charge phones/cameras etc in the main bar area and the wifi is free in his area. Living in Singapore we were a bit worried about the lack of air con but found the breeze and lack of ac magic, there were big fans in the rooms and cooled us well during the night, and we woke feeling really refreshed and not dried out for a change.
Having worked in the diving industry for a long time we are hard to please, and I can honestly say Jojo and his team are total professionals and we were very impressed. The schedule is pretty flexible and Jojo ensured we saw all of the reef and wreck highlights. We used the smaller boats Banjul and Bantuto during our stay- they were well suited to small group dives and the captains super helpful - we were lucky enough to have Luke as our guide and Ed as our captain for most of the week.
The whole experience was so wonderful and we felt really lucky to have experienced a real slice of paradise. We will certainly return, and would recommend this resort to all types of travelers as there were bigger groups, couples, families and we were all well catered for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sangat Island Dive Resort is also a nature preserve with a 300m long white sand beach, native style accomodations, a diving facility with instructors and dive boats. Visitors can dive a number of nearby ship wrecks; Several Japanese warships and merchant vessels were sunk in Coron bay very close to Sangat Island during World War II. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Sangat Island Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sangat Island Reserve Palawan
- Sangat Island Reserve Hotel Palawan