“Worth Every Penny!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 301 Palawan Island B&B and Inns
MNL
“Worth Every Penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was traveling with my 62 yo mother so I was looking for a place that's comfy, nice, and economical. A week prior to our arrival, I texted, emailed, and called several 'reasonably' priced.resorts/B&Bs in El Nido town, nobody replied so I guess everything is fully booked except for Lolo Oyong's. I booked the executive twin room at Php1,800 per nite for our 4D3N stay. My mother has asthma & Ive allergic rhinitis so we need to be in a 'safe' place. I found it here at Lolo Oyong's. I was amazed when we got there coz I wasnt prepared what to expect. Along the street that it's in, Lolo Oyong stands out from the rest of the B&Bs & I was amazed it wasn't #1 here. I thought it deserves a good review. The rate I paid for is quite hight but I think it's worth it. It includes bfast, a/c room w/ ensuite T&B, and wifi. Ask for a room at the back of the house facing the cliffs. The tuktuks could be very noisy & it goes on til like 2am. It's quite a busy street so Im glad I booked this room. It's located at the 3rd floor, outside the room was a suite/living area w/ big sofas, tv, and a window with an unobstructed view of the cliff. No TV inside the room but who needs that when you are in El Nido. When it's fully booked, wifi gets slow so you need to go down the lounge/bfast nook at the ground floor. Breakfast was satisfying, they'd ask you to choose amongst the Filipino bfast they offer a nite before but what they didnt tell you is that there will be a buffet spread composed of fresh fruits, cereals, and local breads which you can go back to -- to your heart's delight. They also have free instant coffee, instant choco drink, tea, water, and powdered juice -- all for free! Instant coffee sells at P30 in EN! For 1800 / nite Im happy! The water does smell but it's bcoz it's coming from a pump. It won't kill you. They also did a great job touching up our room. I normally stay at JW Marriott - Marriott hotel chains when I go outside of the Philippines and I could say I dont get impressed easily. But when you're in an isolate town, one needs to be flexible, and Lolo Oyong won my heart. I would certainly stay here again if I still cant afford Miniloc or Lagen in the future *wink wink* Btw, it's a 5min walk to the beachfront but it's not really that desirable. You need to go on tours to experience the beauty of EN. A BF place is not really a necessity. It's just murky water & lotsa noisy bars/resto.

Room Tip: Choose the Executive (Twin Room or Queen) facing the cliff. It's far from the street and very qu...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lolo Oyong's have clean rooms. The rooms are generally basic. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. However, the internet is very slow! It doesn't let u connect in ur room most of the time. The breakfast is good, they have decent choices. I'm not sure if this goes for the entire El Nido but the water has a foul smell it doesn't even seem ideal to use fot brushing our teeth. It tastes horrible and I was worried about E-Coli! If ur a light sleeper, u might be better off requesting for a room at thr back as being near the busy town street makes it painfully noisy. Overall a nice hotel with great staff. If i were to come back to El Nido, I would still consider staying in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place was located a bit further away from the beach and restaurants, but only about 10 min walk up the main road.
I think it was newly build as the place was half empty. It had clean and simple rooms with common room area which worked well for our daughter so she could run about a bit.
You didn't see much of the staff and you had to ask them to clean the room the next day.
Breakfast was included and they really had the best pancakes!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lolo Oyong El Nido Pension House? Share your experiences!