“A home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ghent, Belgium
“A home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

This was the second time that we came to this hotel and again we were amazed by the service that is offered by Lexy and her staff.
The rooms are big and clean, the food is good, special meal requests for young children are no problem at all and the staff is really friendly.
What I especially like at this hotel, is sitting together around the bar in the evening and chat with the international guests. This is really a hotel where you feel comfortable and at home.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Muntinlupa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I spent the summer of 2009 in this place. He chose this hotel amongst the hotels in Puerto Galera because of the good reviews this hotel is getting from past visitors. He made the right choice.

Some people don't like the fact that this resort is far from the busy Sabang beach. It's good to stay in Sabang Beach for a few hours but if you want to relax and sleep, Sunset at Aninuan could give you that. I like the ambiance that the hotel gives to visitors. It is an ideal place to have some intimate conversation with your partner while having a glimpse of the sunset. And a good place also to have fun with your spouse and kids. The hotel offers you good service from their staff but can also give you space when you just want to relax and have some quiet moment. I have to add that the staffs really treat you well with a smile and are quick to respond if you need help.

The owner Lexy also sees to it that you are having a great stay and would even suggest some fun activities for you to do. As per her recommendation we did try Banana Boat, Para-Sailing, Kayaking and trekking to nearby Tamaraw Falls and Aninuan Falls. I also like the fact that she treats her guests like a family member which is rare for hotel owners.

Food tastes good and well prepared; although in few occasions we opted to eat in nearby Mexican and Italian restaurant for some gastronomic experience. The rooms are clean and well maintained and in case we prefer to have our room cleaned Sarah, the housekeeper, is quick to respond. Security wise you are taken care of in this place and I have to thank the security guy who took care of us during the night when we thought that everyone else was already sleeping. I have to commend also Matet and the guy (forgot his name though) in charge of everything while Lexy was away. These 2 know how to interact with their guests and even if Lexy is not around you know you'll be well taken care of by them.

When it comes to amenities it's good that they have wifi, bar, mini-library, kayak, some sports equipment, hammock and toys for kids to use. The only thing that I don't like is their soap and shampoo. Overall, it’s a nice place to stay.

Puerto Galera can offer a lot of activities for you to do but at the end of the day it is best to stay and relax and have a quiet moment with your partner by the beach as the sun sets. And Sunset at Aninuan gives you that.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
France and Cebu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

We came for a week end of relaxation but finally ended up staying over a week. Lexy and her team made us feel so special.
The hotel is clean, the rooms comfortable and really the best food we could find around Puerto Galera (which I have to admit, is easy to achieve) Do not forget to enjoy the delicious pizza. The included breakfast can be consumed any time during the day and the price are really decent.
There is many activities to enjoy around the hotel, but its beautiful and quiet beach will make you stay pretty close of it...and you will have the time to enjoy kayaking, fishing or snorkeling (all equipment included....)
Evening time, we found ourselves relaxing playing billiard or fuss ball with some other very quiet guest or enjoying the WI FI on the beach....instead of going to crowded place like white beach (10mn walk) or sabang and its known night life (30mn jeepney).
The bar on the beach is really a nice meeting point and a sure place to enjoy the Sunset different every night....
Bruno & Marie Ann

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Uzes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

As first time visitors, (on recommendation of several friends) we stayed for 3 nights after Xmas. The location is magnificent, and the boat (banka) drops you right on the hotel beach.
Lexy, the owner is omni-present, and we were welcomed the moment we stepped onto the hotel grounds.
Extremely attentive staff, great value bar and a decent - if sometimes a little slow - dining.
The location really is magnificent and it's very easy to see why many of those there were returning guests.
2 points only. Room towels need to be upgraded (they are a bit threadbare) and a hairdryer in each room is needed. Other than that, we WILL be back! A great holiday break.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

This is my second trip to Puerto Galera and Sunset at Aninuan is BY FAR my resort of choice. Accommodations and food are a bit pricey, however if you are looking for a peaceful, comfortable, and safe haven then this is the place! The service was personalized and every request was accommodated with priority. It's the perfect place for a family with children of any age. Young kids can play by the beach (no waves!), teenagers can do all sorts of watersports plus go partying at night just 10 minutes away! The only drawback is that the food in the resort is quite pricey considering the quality and speed of service. The ambiance and hospitality makes up for it though. SIDE NOTE: I recommend you visit when the resort owner is in town -- it makes a difference.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

This was my second trip to Puerto Galera and Aninuan, the first having been for six nights with my 16 year old son in June at the recommendation of a friend who had been there previously. We took the free resort provided transport into Puerto Galera each day to dive with a dive shop referred by Lexy, the charismatic the owner. I decided to bring back my girlfriend this time for a more romantic five night getaway. We ended up extending it to eight nights since my girlfriend didn't want to leave. The place is definitely romantic and there have been some weddings. It is definitely the classiest place in the area. They pick you up in the resort jeepney upon arrival from Batangas in the ferry if the ferry doesn't let you off directly at Aninuan. Some will do that but you have to ask. We were dropped of on White Beach and picked up.

We walked along White Beach nearby and it was so hectic compared to the tranquility of Aninuan. We took a tricycle into Sabang to check that out. There is no sand beach there like the almost deserted white sand beach at Aninuan. It is also very crowded and primarily a dive center and the place to bring the family. The other places in the area are a bit cheaper, but if it is a more tranquil setting, with attentive personalized service, then it is a great option. Since my last trip in June they have added a new kitchen, pizzas on the already expansive menu, and several new cushioned chairs for lounging at the sea shore.

Of the several small beach resorts I have stayed at in the Philippines, this one is by far the best run and if I had to describe it in one word, I would have to say 'delicious'. Including the scuba diving in Puerto Galera we hiked 45 minutes up to a waterfall nearby and snorkeled at the lovely little house reef 100 yards from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Watt/ZH, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I spent a week with a girl friend at this resort which I found at Tripadvisor.de and I must confess, I was really amazed how reliable the comments were about this resort. I promise to come again and have booked for a week again on March 2010 with my husband and friends. I was impressed by the hospitality and courtesy of the staff ( special mention to Les ) and the deluxe room we occupied was spacious, clean and with a marvelous seaview ( the beach is just a few steps from our room !). Breakfast and dinner were always served under palm trees on the beach and of course not to forget the beautiful bar. The resort is ideal if one wants peace and relaxation, sunbathing and just idling like we did. Most importantly also is the price value - you really get what you paid for. By the way, I did not meet Lexy ( the owner ) while i was at the resort, but I met her in Hergiswil,Switzerland last June - what an energetic, lively and lovely lady ! Wernie and I (with Claudia and Peter) are looking forward to be at your resort in March!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort? Share your experiences!