“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Quezon City, Philippines
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last March 2-4 for the Malasimbo festival and we had a very good stay. No major complaints about our trip - the worst thing I can say is that it's far from the beach (about a 5 minute walk), and the banana split I ordered for midnight snack was the worst looking banana split I saw in my life :p

One thing I can say though is that their staff is well trained and good customer service seems to be a major priority for them. They even took care of reserving seats for us on our boat trip back to Batangas Port!

Pros: FANTASTIC customer service. Spacious t&b. Clean rooms. Good security. Beautiful courtyard with swimming pool. Yummy food.

Cons: Location - it's quite a walk from the beach. Rooms are quite pricey for Puerto Galera. Considerable noise from our neighboring room (adjoining door was no good). Bottled water in our rooms weren't complimentary (as is usually the practice for most hotels).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wermelskirchen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was on a business trip in Manila and got the hint for this hotel from my colleagues in Manila.
We booked 1 day ahead for the long weekend prior to Luna new year. Th etrip was an experiance already from Batangas to PG and we arrived in Marco Vinvent. The staff was really kind and everything was nice arranged.. I travelled together with one german colleague. he hotel offers a PADI diving center and as my colleague wanted to go for diving even this was well organized and looks really professional.
The stay in MV was really comfortable alo with inclodet breakfast. The hotel is less than 5 Min. walk to the White Beach area and this is absolutely ok.
Only one point which does not work is, that I asked for the scheduling of the boat back to Batangas for 3 times and it was confirmed by he staff. At the end nobody confirmed it and we had to take the last boat of the day....but we got one. So I would every time choose that hotel again even with this small uncomfortable boat reservation.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Wonderful hotel and very affordable if you are diving with Marco Vincent and even if you are not a diver it's a good value for the money. Dove with Marco Vicent and loved it. Our only regret is that due to cold/ear problems we weren't able to dive as much as we would like. Attentive staff. great divemasters and very safe and fantastic dives. Without hestitation we would recomend both the hotel, restaurant and dive shop.

Room Tip: Less than 5 minute walk to beach but worth it . White beach is VERY Noisy.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We just love this place! i've been to puerto for 3 summers with my family and stayed at different hotels there but i can say that marco vincent was the one that treated us the best.
They would even open the jacuzzi ahead of time and extend the use of it just for us to enjoy, the staffs also did made us feel at home during our stay. also love the way they prepare and serve the foods... very affordable menus too.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I and my friends planned to have a short vacation in Puerto Galera to free ourselves from toxic schedules and stress. We looked for a perfect place to enjoy and relax and we chose Marco Vincent upon searching in the net about the hot spots in Puerto Galera. We had read great reviews about this hotel and frankly and honestly speaking, we proved that all positive reviews about this hotel are definitely TRUE!

We stayed for about 4 days. Marco Vincent catered a lot to guests like us. Upon entering, a warm greeting and smile were shown by the staff. The decors were so eye-catchy and glamorous. Inside the hotel, there's a very clean swimming pool with a jacuzzi on its side. The background music also soothed us and everyone in the hotel to relax. What I also like about this place is the room. It's equipped with all the necessary things needed by guests like me. Moreover, I also like the way the staff treat their guests; so approachable and warming.

I would like to give Marco Vincent another good point when it comes to the ultimate fact that aside from having restaurants inside the hotel, there's a restaurant too owned by Marco Vincent at the beachfront. The place's so relaxing and pampering. The foods were so mouth-watering and delicious.

All our needed services were delivered properly by Marco Vincent. I and my friends enjoyed our stay and we are craving to be back again there very soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Having spent a good amount of time at the dive shop, and since obtained both my Open and Advanced Water diving certification, this is one place I'd definitely recommend to anyone who is keen to become a diver. The resort also offers a Discover Scuba programme which gives a very good insight of diving. The instructors are very meticulous and endearing. Also, Marco Vincent Dive Resort is the only dive centre along White Beach to have a training pool.

Situated a stone's throw away from the beachfront along White Beach, this is one resort to go to if you'd like to have a pampering holiday, no fuss, no hassle. It serves wholesomely the purpose of pure relaxation, and enjoyment of serenity.

The oasis-like interiors of the resort soaks you up into an almost surreal but pleasant dreamlike state. The decors have been very tastefully done up and if you'd like, meals can be taken at the in-house restaurants, with a choice of a al fresco dining. A jacuzzi awaits invitingly by the side of the resort's swimming pool on the ground level.

The resort has an extensive list of cuisines, offering a good range of the local Filippino dishes to Western dishes, amongst all serve a palatable good taste. If you'd like, one can also dine at the beachfront restaurant bar, Aqua, also owned by the Marco Vincent Dive Resort.

The rooms were spacious and the housekeeping staffs were immaculate and efficient.

The resort definitely has excellent service staffs, and a very hospitable & amiable diving centre environment. All thumbs up, and my definite check-in resort should I ever see myself back in Puerto Galera.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011 via mobile

We were there last March 9-11 just few days ago to celebrate my bday. W/ me are my hubby,my officemate and my 1 year old baby. We want to experience the best since it's our first time in galera and we found it in Marco Vincent Resort. With a very affordable price I can't believe we will be pampered so much like in a five star hotel. Their resort is located like 100 meters away from the beach w/c is nice coz I don't wanna here any nightlife noise. It's very private,romantic and quiet perfect for honeymoon and those wanted tranquility. Their staff are helpful,very polite and alert they always observe to know the needs of their guest. We felt very special w/ our stay there. They also upgrade our room from deluxe to super deluxe as a birthday gift to me. They even greeted me happy bday w/c made me feel so welcomed...We are just group of 3 adults but they gave us 2 queen size beds w/c made us very comfortable. I really like the room, very elegant spacious and classy. Their food taste good I like the "sinigang na tanigue". I also like their free breakfast coz of variety of options from filipino to american dishes. Really a world class hotel. I really miss their jacuzzi, actually it's my favorite coz it massages my body all over...They are very generous they even offer fresh milk for my baby at breakfast for free. They also have unlimited towels u can ask for it anytime u need u can even use them when u want to sit down at the beach...I will surely comeback in Marco Vincent to try their diving package. I want to stay there for a long time w/ the rest of my family...I will surely refer Marco Vincent to all of my friends, officemates and aquaintances. If u wanna be pampered, and relax Marco Vincent is the answer. Really a world class hotel/resort...An amazing resort...

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Marco Vincent Dive Resort? Share your experiences!