“Awesome experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Ribbon Dive Resort

You added Blue Ribbon Dive Resort to your Saves list
Blue Ribbon Dive Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Small Lalaguna, Puerto Galera, Mindoro 5203, Philippines   |
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manila, Philippines
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Me and my BF went there last nov.22 to celebrate our anniversary by trying discover scuba diving. Very affordable rates/packages. ;)
Our instructor is Marcus and he's a nice person. Equipment/gears are in good condition.
I also love the way they accomodate/serve their customers. We planned to go to white beach after our dsd, and I asked the receptionist if where can we take our shower and told me that we can use one of the rooms there to take showers. They also gave us towels to use. ;) Kudos for this resort! If I will pursue diving, I will return to this resort to do the course.

• Stayed November 2013
BlueRibb0n, Owner at Blue Ribbon Dive Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi Guys

Thanks for the review and we're very happy you enjoyed yourselves. A point noting is that if you have completed the Discover Scuba with us you can continue to your Open Water with us at a discounted rate. Also we give discounts if you book directly with us.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves, and even if it is not with us, I hope you go on to complete your Open Water and become regular divers. If you live in the Philippines there is no excuse in my opinion :)

Take Care, Marcus says Hi

Jon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just got back after doing 13 dives with them. Dive schedule was typically at 1000, 1230, 1500 plus night dive if someone is interested. An 0800 hour dive can be requested as well. The restaurant beside the staging area is convenient before and/or after a dive. Dive and restaurant operations appears to be managed well with courteous and professional customer service. I would not hesitate to dive with these folks if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review, and more importantly thank you for your stay with us.

We are always very happy to read these reviews. I often find different members of our staff reading all the comments on tripadvisor, they know that their service is being appreciated.

Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Carnoustie, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We came to Sabang to dive and were delighted with our choice of resort. The room was clean and tidy and there is a large fan and air-con unit. The staff are very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The dive staff were great, very friendly and fun to be around. The diving is lovely, with some spectacular diving right in front of the resort or up to 15 min away by boat. The resort is a little way along the beach from Sabang itself, which is great, you can walk into town to pub/club and then come back to a nice quiet resort. The restaurant served good food. The pool was clean and tidy. Overall, I'd definitely recommend Blue Ribbon (or indeed Sabang) to anyone who wanted to go on a well priced diving holiday.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. It means a lot to us.

We hope to see you again soon. Remember if you stay with us over 2 times, we give an extra 10% discount on everything to reward customer loyalty.

Take care and hopefully see you again in the future.

Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place does exactly what it says on the tin....
It is not a 5 star resort and they do not think they are, this is a great little sociable hotel, with good food, great staff, great diving staff who are very helpful and always willing to listen...
I went on my own and met some great people, diving was superb, I learnt a lot, I went there with a liking to dive, I came back loving to dive...
Lots of great dive sites only a short boat ride away, I managed 4 dives in one day....
The only thing that wasn't too great was the speed of the Wi-Fi, but then I can live without it..
Would certainly recommend this hotel if you are going diving, I shall certainly stay there again without a doubt....
Very cost effective, I had a bungalow, very large and could sleep 4 people...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
BlueRibb0n, Manager at Blue Ribbon Dive Resort, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi Ian

Thanks for the review.

We have been battling with different internet providers for years, trying to find one that is acceptable. Finally we have got three new connections to Smart's updated service, and the internet is about 100 times better than it was.

You won't be streaming off Netflix on it, yet for general day to day use it more than acceptable now.

We hope to see you again in the future, and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay.

Take Care

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have just come back from blue ribbon and had a great experience there. The rooms are basic but adequate and the location and staff are great. I went on my own but with wife and kids would probably stay else where and just dive with Blue ribbon. But for those who are on their own or on a budget this is the best place I have found in puerto galera and I have been going for many years.

I will definitely return, hopefully next month :)

• Stayed October 2013
Subic Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

To be honest I was expecting a good to very good set up based on the Trip Advisor reviews I had read. But the accommodation and facilities were average by western standards. But the rates are inexpensive and the staff friendly. So in the end I enjoyed my stay. But it was poor weather and at high there was no beach at all. If you are on a strict budget it is certainly worth considering, but don't expect too much in the way of rooms and facilities.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the front away so noise from local houses not too bad.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hi, and thanks for the review.

This is one problem we seem to have. We are not a luxury resort, and our rooms have all the amenities you need, yet some people see our high ratings and then believe we are going to be contenders to the more luxurious, more expensive resorts in terms of room amenities.

You were not diving with us, if you notice all the great reviews are from the divers, where a lot of them agree that the rooms are not the selling factor of the resort (even though they are great value for their price).

The beach is not the reason you come to Sabang and Small Lalaguna. If you want the nicest beaches you need to head over to White Beach or Aninuan. Sabang and Small Lalaguna are the divers beaches, the dive sites are so close to us here, where at White beach or Aninuan you have to travel for 30 minutes to get here.

Anyways, thanks for staying with us and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Their rooms are big, its clean and their ref is full of mini-bar stuff. The prices here is very affordable. They don't try to rip you off. Diving is great in the island and their prices are lower compared to others. They only have a few rooms but they are all well maintained. They have a small Jacuzzi in the center of the resort and a nice small pool. Staff are friendly.

Though they allow you to check out late if there is no one. Its hard boarding your hired boat because the tide gets low in the afternoon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Ribbon Dive Resort? Share your experiences!