“Good Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Puerto Galera, Philippines
“Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We recently checked out this resort as we had booked a place in Sabang. This Resort is on Little Luguna bay, a short walk around the waters edge from Sabang. We went there for breakfast and it was brilliant. The rooms look great and the resort has a lovely swimming pool.
Will stay here next time we are down in the Puerto Galera area.

Room Tip: Lovely looking rooms around the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auburn, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at Blue Ribbon two different times in March 2013. Both times I found Blue Ribbon to be a great place to stay, very affordable and with very friendly and helpful staff. From the time of original check in, I found everyone to be very accommodating. Jonathan, Mark, Shirley, Maricel, Ferdinand, Lemb, Ariel, Andrew, Diane and the rest of the good folks...many thanks!

I had had an unfortunate incident occur while boarding the fairy boat in Batangas, en-route to Sabang the first time. I had slipped off of the step ladder that descends into the fairy and upon hitting the bottom of the boat, I then twisted my ankle pretty bad. By the time we arrived to Sabang and then to Blue Ribbon, my ankle had really swollen and I was very worried that a good part, if not all of my dive vacation would be ruined. With the help of the good folks at Blue Ribbon, I was able to heal pretty quickly and be back in the water in a matter of just a few days! The reception folks were very helpful in moving me to a room closer to the front of the resort, provided ice for my ankle and Jonathon was even kind enough to call one of the local physicians to come by and give me an assessment of the condition of my ankle!

Diving at Blue Ribbon is about as easy as it gets. Once you complete the normal check-in with your certification card and sign the legal forms and get fitted for any dive gear you might need, there really isn't much else to it! From there, all you need to do is show up at the dive shop 15-minutes before a dive! Whats even better is that the first dive is at 10am, which makes it real easy to take things slow and not have to rush to catch an early morning dive boat! Some might like the super early morning dives, but I love the schedule at Blue Ribbon, because I prefer to take it easy in the morning and enjoy some breakfast and coffee. Besides, you might find yourself out having a bit of fun late in Sabang the night before and may prefer to catch some more sleep in the morning, without missing a dive!

The food at Blue Ribbon is excellent. I enjoyed all of the dishes that I had and ate there at least half of my meals. Often they would have different bar-b-que nights, with steak, or different seafood with all the side fixings.

The only thing in regard to Blue Ribbon that wasn't so great, would be the persistent vendors attempting to sell their products right outside the front of the restaurant. Hardly a knock on Blue Ribbon though, as this is the Philippines and people are just trying to make a living any way they can. Still, a bit of an annoyance first thing in the morning when you are sipping coffee and gazing out one of the restaurant windows out onto the beautiful blue ocean...then all of sudden a vendor steps right in the middle of your view through the window, starring at you with a beaming grin and holding 50 cheap necklaces they have to sell. You gotta just laugh to yourself a bit, because it's almost kind of surreal at first. Careful about telling them your name though, because believe me...they will not forget!

Thanks again to everyone at Blue Ribbon! Writing this review has made me feel very nostalgic and I wish I was back there hanging out at Blue Ribbon right now! You guys are great and I cant wait to come back for another visit!

Room Tip: I preferred staying near the garden, which is just far enough removed from both the reception and re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Robina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I needed a holiday somewhere warm with warm water that had cheap diving blue ribbon seemed to tick the boxes. I did find the booking process a bit strange but ok. I opted for the private transfer from manila which was a great decision real door to door service I arrived at the resort about 1pm and being an amputee asked to change rooms to the closest one to the dive area staight away there was no problem at all and it was like that for the rest of the trip nothing was ever to much bother from any of the staff. Dont expect a 5 star resort BUT for the prize you pay its great the rooms are clean and serviced every day the restaurant has a great selection and is very well priced as is the beer :-) THE DIVING Well its spectacular Puerto Galera it not somewhere to see alot of big predators rays or pelagic's but the little stuff really is amazing frog fish, flying gernads, shrimp, nudies, crabs, seahorses, moth fish, really the list go's on and on. I brought my own gear but would have no problem at all using there heir gear it was all aqualung gear in great shape well maintained and looked after. Divers of all abilities are well catered for with small groups per dive guide. and If you are there on your own no problem the boat will still do atleast 3 dives a day with only one diver. the instructors Baz and Chris are true professionals with safety at the top of there list. Airel and Joun Joun are local dive masters and great at what they do and are great at pointing out funky things you would never have seen. The tides play a big role in puerto galera and diving with current is usual but they will always know the best option at the time. Put it this way i done 40 dives in 18 days i was only booked for 11 but just could not bear leaving so i stayed on for another week

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We traveled to Puerto Galleria two weeks ago. We stayed at Blue ribbon resort for 5 nights.The diving was amazing. My first scuba diving in the Philippines. I cant wait for my next.

The food in the restraint was very good we enjoyed a weekend special BBQ the last night we were there. Best tenderloin steak in the Philippines.

We had so much fun we are planning a trip back in a few days. Top notch dive shop! Great place to take your family with a great friendly atmosphere.

You will not be let down by John the Owner, the staff or the resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

the diving rates are really good includes equipments, boats, books and an excellent dive instructor. Rooms are big, they clean it everyday and change your sheets every other day. Staff are friendly, courteous, hospitable and they remember your drink and how you like it prepared - very good attention to details.

will definitely go back!

Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Fantastic value, great atmosphere, superb service, quality food - why would you stay anywhere else? Amazing dive prices and instruction. Everyone makes every effort to make guests feel welcome and comfortable - like a home from home in the sun!! How do they do it at the price? Will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Take a boat from Sabang pier to the hotel - saves the walk.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel accommodations are modest but comfortable and clean. The staff is friendly and very helpful, they know who you are, you feel like you're at a private resort and everyone is family. After trying their restaurant you will not want to pay for food anywhere else. The dive resort staff is incredibly helpful, the dive masters are very experienced, we did our Advanced Open Water with Baz. Our course was incredible, I highly recommend Baz! Dive equipment is top notch, everyone is very safe, patient and friendly. We stayed here for a week in May 2013, and I can't wait to go back. Pineapple pancakes are the best!

Room Tip: Try to avoid bungalow number 1, the management switched us after the first night as soon as somethin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Ribbon Dive Resort? Share your experiences!