“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scandi Divers

Save Saved
You added Scandi Divers to your Saves list
Scandi Divers
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Big La Laguna Beach, Puerto Galera, Mindoro, Philippines (Formerly Scandinavian Divers)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 50 hotels in Puerto Galera
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family spent a weekend at Scandi Divers Resort and if I were to describe our experience in one word that word would be: "Fantastic." From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with smiles from all the staff members. We were given the 3-bedroom suite which had 3 bedrooms, 2 washrooms and a kitchen. The place was big enough to accommodate all 15 of us! The view from the balcony was amazing. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we are comfortable. They supplied us with towels, extra bed, linen - everything that we needed! Truly, it was a fantastic place to be! Khaye (I think she's the receptionist), checked and made sure that we are settled in.

The Discovery Scuba diving experience was perfect! Instructors made sure of our safety, being first time divers, and also made the experience a fun one! My family kept talking about it even after we got back to Canada. I can't make any comparisons, but based on my experience, this is the best diving place! Kudos to Terry, Robert, Arman, Edna, and Rey.

Room Tip: Choose the beachfront rooms for better view! Place is very quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was the exception at Scandi, since I was there for snorkeling only. However, the staff was very helpful at setting me up with suitable activities and advice. Conan (the librarian), the dive master, even invited me along on the boat with some of the divers on a certification dive, for free! I was able to do my thing snorkeling, while Conan put the divers thru their paces.
And when a large, noisy group descended on the small resort for a few days, Tin Tin found me a quieter room at their nearby sister resort, the ultra quiet Campbell's!
However, I continued to take my meals at Scandi, where the service and atmosphere can't be beat thanks to Shelley, Khaye, and Tavi (Dimple)! Not to forget Chef Amy and Katherine and Tin Tin in the office!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back, over the seldom used pool, if you want quiet. Also, you could stay at Campbe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent 5 weeks with Scandi and every day was just perfect. Beautiful and relaxing place at the beach. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Great food and lovely atmosphere. Fascinating and diverse dive sites just a short boat ride away from the resort. We took many dive courses there. Instructors are professional, patient and encouraging. Special thanks to Conan! We´re definitely going back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Have been here two times now, and i am going to return again soon.
The place is good-looking, very calm and quiet away from the noise in Manila.
The only thing separating the restauraunt from the beach is a small walkway, so it's practically on the beach.
The people and service are among the best i've experienced.
Thank you for a great times, and some great dives!

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same, also consider the sister resort Campbells and their "be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I never actually stayed with Scandi, but I did have 13 very enjoyable dives with them.
I found the hotel and diving staff to be genuinely friendly and very professional in all matters relating to diving.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this dive resort, whatever level of diver you are they will meet your needs and make you feel at ease.
As you can probably guess from the above statements I am intending on going back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I can't imagine a better place to learn to dive. The area is beautiful, the accomodation comfortable, the location is peaceful, the diving was great (sea turtles!), but the best part of Scandi is the staff. Everyone was very welcoming and it fast became a place that feels like home. Conan is a patient teacher with a good sense of humor & Terry, the owner, does a great job of making sure everyone is enjoying themselves. Arman, Kay, Tintin, Catherine, Roichell, Dennis - all great personalities that add to the experience.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I finished my PADI open water certification at Scandi Divers from April 20 to April 22 2013. I was met with nothing but flexibility and the entire staff went out of their way to make sure I had a good experience.
The instructors are very good, the svimming pool is decent for the confined water exercises and the diving is spectacular.
I stayed at their sister resort Campbell's Beach resort in a beach view room which was very good and definitely worth the price.
A special thanks to Conan, Terry and Mads!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Scandi Divers? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Scandi Divers

Address: Big La Laguna Beach, Puerto Galera, Mindoro, Philippines (Formerly Scandinavian Divers)
Location: Philippines > Mindoro > Oriental Mindoro Province > Puerto Galera
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 50 hotels in Puerto Galera
Hotel Class:3 star — Scandi Divers 3*
Boutique Beach Resort and Dive Center. We offer 1 and 3 bedroom waterfront suites and pool side rooms. Snorkel or dive in the clean beach and waters. Enjoy a Starbucks coffee in our restaurant, dive center or beside the pool. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Scandi Divers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Scandi Divers, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.