“Just enough to relax, but not good for vacation.” 3 of 5 stars

Oriental Sabang Hill Resort
Sabang Beach | Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Galera, Mindoro 5203, Philippines   |
Ranked #20 of 44 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Quezon City
“Just enough to relax, but not good for vacation.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

My husband and I always have the chance to travel during the week of labor day. We plan to stay in Sabang since we haven't gone yet in Oriental Mindoro. Two months before I made a reservation in Oriental Sabang Hill as I find it out in the Internet. Apparently what I saw in the internet is exactly the same... The hotel itself is really nice and beautiful, but before you get there (to Oriental Sabang Hill) you will walk in a narrow street or "eskenita" that is too dark for like 7-8pm time. It's safe because left and right of that street are all small lodging houses but its uncomfortable to walk to that passage because you have to feel it to yourself that you are really living there.
Sabang is not a great place to have a vacation if you are not into a diving leisure because its not nice to swim in the beach. All establishment there, placed the all pvc pipes of their sink direct to the beach, so all of their food trash are directly going to the sea. So it don't look pleasant to swim, as well as the banca are all docking in front of the sea. I'm also alarmed about it because a few distance you can snorkel and see the nice corals around, but as what all those establishment doing I think after 10 years or less all that beautiful corals will die.
This is most exciting in this review as we arrived already and had rest a bit my husband start to go hungry we don't want to eat inside the hotel because the food are very expensive. So we went out to look for much affordable one, we found this TINA's restaurant (just the corner blocked of Oriental Sabang Hill) although the price are also expensive for Pork Calderata was like 200.00 per plate without drinks and the serving is really small for the amount we paid. But then it's ok because our top concern is to eat... Apparently the food is tasty but if you know how to cook you really guess what seasoning they put in its "liver spread", technically its not worth the price "hindi man lang pinaghirapan. walang authenticity ang flavor ng main entrée. Too make that long discussion we ate it all kasi we're so hungry and we want to full our stomach since we want to get drunk that day just to enjoy the frustrating place.
Before we pay to the waitress my husband had small conversation to the waitress since my Husband (F&B Manager in a AAAA Hotel) and I (Sales & Marketing Manager in AAA Hotel) are both working in a Hotels here in Manila, we have sympathy to them because we are all in almost the same business Hospitality Service. My husband said to the waitress "uy hindi masyado masarap ang food nyo, next time damihan nyo". And the waitress were laughing and said "kita nga sir e, naubos nyo". so we both understand that it was a merely joke. And the other staffs were like smiling "kasi we ate all the food in the plate" The waitress said to the cook with the voice laughing "Ate hindi daw masarap yung ulam". Let's say that my husband really don't like the food and we just addressed that issue to the waitress and the waitress just gave that issue to the cook is it really nice that the cook replied to that statement "edi wag sila dito kumain, sa iba na lang sila kumain" that we heard it loud and clear, technically she was shouting back and said a lot of things even she saw us that we are still inside the establishment.
I think you should make your menu a little bit cheaper so your guests won't able to dine-in to other cheap restaurants like TINA's Restaurant in Sabang. Oh take note... If I were her boss she is now fired! : - )

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)

Been to Oriental Sabang Hill Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Oriental Sabang Hill Resort

Address: Sabang Beach | Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Galera, Mindoro 5203, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Mindoro > Oriental Mindoro Province > Puerto Galera
Ranked #20 of 44 B&Bs / Inns in Puerto Galera
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Oriental Sabang Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Oriental Sabang Hill Hotel Puerto Galera

If you own or manage Oriental Sabang Hill Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.