“In my opinion the best dive operation in Puerto Galera” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 19 Activities in Puerto Galera
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: ACTION DIVERS Situated in beautiful Puerto Galera, one of the world's premier scuba diving resort destinations, Action Divers offers the highest standards of personalized service, uncompromising safety and exceptional value. Dive in and discover why discerning scuba divers choose Action Divers for the very best in world-class scuba diving adventures plus kayaking, trekking, golf, sailing, windsurfing, fine dining and great nightlife! All dive sites (more than 25) are only a 5 - 10 minutes boat ride away from Action Divers that allows you to come back to the dive centre after every dive. This gives you a great flexibility in your dive planning and other activities between dives. Puerto Galera has some of the best coral and wall diving anywhere in the Philippines, and Action Divers know the area exceptionally well. The team of international dive professionals at Action Divers are dedicated to giving you the best service, best value and the most memorable diving.
Hong Kong
“In my opinion the best dive operation in Puerto Galera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Having dived with Action Divers many years I guess the reason I keep going back to the same dive shop is the experience of diving with a well organised professional team who put their customers first. The broad range of excellent dive sites around Puerto Galera are accessible within 30 minutes and Action Divers dive guides know them all. What is more it would be difficult to find a dive shop that is safer and more knowledgeable about the sea state, currents and sea life. They dive from 'banca boats', the local Filipino boats with twin outriggers, and I find these offer more stability and protection than the speedboat alternative seen at other shops.

The rental equipment at Action is fairly recently purchased and I have noted it is all regularly and expertly maintained. Divers of all qualification levels are welcomed and return from divers eager to go out again. Courses are PADI and the standard of tuition I observe exceeds that I have seen anywhere else in Asia. This comes from one who has qualified from Advanced thru to Divemaster with Action but I base my view on the feedback from others also.

Action Divers provide a range of tech courses, in addition and they have many return customers who admire their skills in providing safe but exciting tech dives since Puerto Galera has many thrilling sites for techies. Their greatest strength though rests in their consistence and dependability in delivering enjoyable diving and well run courses. Definitely worth a try if you are travelling to Puerto Galera for the first time or you have dived there before and are interested in trying another dive operation. With Action Divers you will not be disappointed.

Incidently Action Divers will orgainse both travel and accommodation in Puerto Galera from arrival at the airport to your return and they have good terms with all resorts on the beach.

Singapore, Singapore
“Action Divers - no hassle, no worries, professional and friendly from start to finish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I went to Sabang to learn to dive after putting it off for too many years. I couldn't have picked a better location and a better dive shop. Action Divers have been there for years and know how everything works and have come across all the usual requests, worries etc that anyone could have. Communication through Roscoe was fast, efficient, factual and honest. The instructors Simon and Huw were consumate professionals. As a result I feel I have got my PADI Advanced under professional supervision at a good price, rather than a rush job at a good price. Choosing Action Divers is a no-brainer if you ask me.

Roscoe T, Owner at Action Divers, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Congratulations Nathan on passing both your PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water Courses. You did a great job, well done!
Hope to have you back onboard again with us soon.

Best regards,

Roscoe & Team Action.
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“Quick, fun Open Water course!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Action Divers was great! I travelled solo and was lucky to have 1-on-1 instruction with Huw for my Open Water Cert. Huw was strictly business-- don't expect any small talk. I had three days to complete the course and he wanted to make sure that could happen. We went over a few skills and went straight into the ocean. We only did one pool dive when the weather was a bit rough. The rest of my skills were practiced while surrounded my amazing plant and fish life. Everything else was as advertised. Thanks for the diving, guys!

Falls Church
“Relaxed professional week with Action Divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Worth looking for towards the end of small la laguna, Action Divers offer a professional personal service for divers of any level. Instructors Huw and Simon quickly assess your skills and let you dive within them. Given the intense competition I was impressed when they turned down a customer who was insisting on an advanced dive for their first dive. Gear is good and the dive shop is well laid out with shower and separate wash tanks for gear, regulators and cameras. Nineteen dives in 6 days and only two repeats, both at my request. I appreciated the skill with which dives were selected on days of marginal weather and the attention to details of safety. A small friendly team with Roscoe and JoJo providing great shore support. Competitively priced and great value.

Action1150, Owner at Action Divers, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your diving holiday with Action Divers. It was good to have you onboard and we hope to see you back with us again in the future!

Happy diving and Merry Christmas!

Roscoe & Team Action
Singapore, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Great diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Sherry and I stayed over 4 days at nearby Out of the Blue, at which Action Divers arranged a dive and accommodation package for us. It was very relaxing to wander down to the edge of OOTB to Action Divers for a short but thorough dive brief before going out for a morning, mid day or afternoon dive (We did all three each day). All sites were within 5 minutes' boat ride of the dive shop, the visibility was great and the coral in great nick. Guides Huw & Simon were knowledgeable and able to accommodate a group that included a young novice diver with parent, as well as advanced photographers. Rental equipment was in great nick. I happily recommend Action Divers for anyone looking to dive some of the prettiest sites within a stone's through of a friendly Philippino seaside village.

Visited November 2011
, Owner at Action Divers, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Thank you Joe for your review.
We enjoyed having you and Sherry with us here in Puerto Galera. We are happy to hear you both enjoyed the Out of the Blue Private Villas and diving with Action Divers.
We look forward to being of service to you both in the hopefully near future.

Best regards to you both,

Roscoe & Team Action.