“FUN TIMES AT PUERTO NIRVANA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Puerto Nirvana Beach Resort

You added Puerto Nirvana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Puerto Nirvana Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sitio Hondura, Poblacion, Puerto Galera, Mindoro 5203, Philippines   |
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Manila, Philippines
“FUN TIMES AT PUERTO NIRVANA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first time at Puerto Galera.
Starting from our arrival at the Port where a staff welcomed us.
After we reach the resort, we were offer with refreshment.
This get rid of my madness at Batangas Port where many porters
And sellers move toward us.
Our driver, Kuya Jon assisted us. My kids gets along with him easily.
When we reached the place, we were greeted by their frontdesk personnel.
Ms.Em was probably the friendliest and reverent staff I have encountered anywhere in my trips.
I admired the way she answered,the way she talk to me when I found out that the place is not totally located on the sand beach.
The serving staff were equally attentive and nice too.
Mikayla, Jazz, I always had time to talk to them since I really want to stay at their bar.
Oh mind you, the food was really nice esp.their crispy pata (quite pricey though).
I wasn’t able to get their names (sorry, I will next time).
Forgot to ask the name of their beautiful Roomkeeper, the guy with a heart of a lady..Lol.
She/He never skipped cleaning our room.
I thought we would not enjoy our stay since it’s not sandy beach, but we ended up staying 3 nights,instead of 2 nights only.
Till next summer again guys..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

T'was a nice stay here.
We were on vacation with my husband and 2 kids.
Upon check in, their frontliner welcomed us warmly giving you that you wonderful feeling.
I even told her "Mageenjoy ako dito for sure",
I booked a Standard room, but to my surprise she upgraded my room into Superior without any add ons.The one we had is spacious and comfy. I love you na talaga Ms.Meriel.
My kids loved swimming in their pool.
The distance of the resort from the beach give us more relaxing night.

We thought of something to do on our entire stay since we booked 3 nights.
Ms.Meriel was quick enough to offer information for hang outs. We ended that we'll be having a Tukuran Tour the next day. Tour day an yeheyy, thanks to Puerto Nirvana kolokoy boys, hehehehe, my kids really enjoyed bonding with them.Thumbs up to Kuya Jan and Kuya Aries/Ariel?forgot his name. T'was fun crossing the rivers, quite hard though.

The food is incredible! The way they served the food is magnificent. High five to Kuya Cook,
the crispy pata was really a haven.Crispy and tasteful (quite expensive too, but still worth it).

The lady guy was good enough to clean our room.

Wifi connection was excellent, very useful for travellers like me.

Pretty good value in terms of price and service.

Just need to update their TV set.

Guys keep the ball rolling. Salute!
Management must be proud of you.

Not have enough time to talk with the owner,
seen him busy with his business matters.

Room Tip: Rooms on the outer side is nice. Overlooking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this resort and unfortunately it was disappointing from location, room and staff!!! Prior to booking I had previously read all the other reviews and thought I'd try it out since they were pretty decent but it was nothing like I expected.

The Staff: We arrived at the resort at night around 8pm and there was no staff in sight. The reception office was closed and we had to go to the restaurant to find a staff member. After a few minutes a staff finally helped us but she was so disorganized! She didn't know where things were and what room we were gonna stay at. The staff seemed very inexperienced and can not understand or respond in English?!?

The Room: far from what they advertise!!! So beware!!! I requested a double bed and instead they give me a king size bed. The furniture and decor are very outdated. The room smells and it had chips and cracks on the walls! The bathroom is small and lacks cleanlines.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

When one speaks of Mindoro, first thing comes to mind is White Beach at Puerto Galera. Thus was the case when I first visited the island. Its water is inviting. A place I would have definitely recommended if not for the crowd. You see, this part of the island is bustling with people and not my ideal place for relaxation and serenity.

But a few years later, I had an entirely opposite experience. An opportune moment came, which gave me the privilege to stay at Puerto Nirvana Resort. It’s about 5-10mins drive from Balatero or a couple of minutes ride from Muelle. Both ports are nearest from Batangas, which makes the resort fairly accessible and easy to locate.

The area where Puerto Nirvana is located does not offer the beachfront that White Beach boasts. What it offers best though is seclusion. The resort gives off a homey and somewhat provincial feel especially during early mornings. I find it difficult not to sit back and admire the sunrise that this place was blessed with. The resort has good selection of food, decent accommodation, friendly staff and has more than enough amenities that can keep you occupied for the day. This shouldn’t keep you from trying other activities though (such as diving and snorkeling) or explore some of the hidden attractions of the island (like their numerous waterfalls and hidden beaches) which I highly recommend. All of this and more can be arranged with the resort.

I find Mindoro one of those “road less travelled” type of places in the Philippines where its beauty hasn’t reached mainstream travelogues yet. The island has more to offer than an average Juan can manage in a day. If you’re the adventurous type and wanted to make the most of your stay on the island, I would recommend Puerto Nirvana to be your accommodation of choice.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed in Puerto Nirvana hotel for 2D/1N,it is 5 mins away from Muelle Port and 1 1/2 hr. from Batangas port. Good place to stay especially if you have kids to bring along. Quiet place to stay and relax. medyo expensive ung mga food nila pero masarap. pero kung tight ung baget mo may near by karinderya nman, at malapit din ung palengke marami nman ung mga makakainan na mura. We spend our first day only in the hotel, swimming sa pool, sa beach and exploring the place.Noong gabi na may live band cla. the following day we went to white beach nagpahatid kami sa service ng hotel but its not for free ha, 100/pax balikan na un mas ok kesa sa tricycle na 100/pax papunta pa lng, mga 15 mins away ung white beach sa hotel. mabait ung mga staff nila, nakikipagkwetuhan pa nga cla eh, at binigyan kami ni Jes (ung bartender) ng tips kung san may murang mga souvenirs. All in all nag-enjoy kami. Till next time!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed there last October 2012. We really enjoyed our stay because it was very far away from the noise of the bars in the other beaches.

If you're planning for a quiet weekend trip, this is a good place to stay. The staff could get you a tricycle that you could hire if you want to visit the tourist spots. But it also enjoyable to just stay within the resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We normally stay in White Beach when we go to Puerto Galera. I found a voucher in Ensogo for 1500 for an overnight stay for 2 pax, room accommodation is about 2200/night. So I grabbed the deal. But I was a bit disappointed because I didnt notice that we have to pay extra 500 if its on a weekend and the voucher is for room accommodation only. If we paid 2200/night - they will pick us up from the port and breakfast is included. It costs 1500 (voucher) + 500 (additional if its on a weekend) + 80 rt (tricycle 20 per pax) + 150 (breakfast), so its like we paid more because we purchased the voucher. Oh well, that's how this voucher sites make their money.

You will have to board the boat going to Muelle port. This is the same boat that goes to Sabang. Boat ride is about 1 1/2 hours and will cost you 230. From Muelle port, its about 5 mins away from the Puerto Nirvana. The resort is nice and quiet, if you want to unwind and relax this is the place to be. Its about 15-20mins away from White Beach. If you want to go to White Beach you can hire a tric for 100php to take you there. The infinity pool is quite small but the good thing is they dont have curfew so you can use it any time of the day. They have a videoke place, restaurant and bar. The price of the food is quite expensive. There is a nearby market in the area about 10mins walk, you can also ride the tricycle for 10php/pax, they have karinderia, liquor shops and bbq place in the market, so its cheaper to eat there. We stayed in the standard room, its clean, a/c is cold, hot and warm shower and small tv. I also noticed that the bed sheets have stains. I like the small bahay kubo they have near the shoreline.

The place can use a little improvement but overall its an okay resort if you want to relax and spend quality time with your family or special someone. Exact opposite of the party scene we are used to in White Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Puerto Nirvana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!