“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Out of the Blue Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Galera
Out of the Blue Resort
You added Out of the Blue Resort to your Saves list
Small La Laguna Beach,, Puerto Galera, Mindoro 5203, Philippines (Formerly Out of the Blue Luxury Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Manila, Philippines
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a good little hotel for a weekend getaway in Puerta Galera.
Nice hotel - certainly not 5 star luxury and our room was a little basic but it was clean and the staff were helpful.
Great views from the restaurant, easy to get there from Manila (boat drop-off right at the hotel) and nice & relaxing pool area.

Room Tip: Higher rooms get the better views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Out of the blue in last week of august. our room was so great with our own jacuzzi and private patio next to the big pool. the breakfast each day was excellent as we were the two evening meals we had in the veranda. the staff were excellent they are so nice and helpful. the room was so clean with the special mattresses, best sleep every night. Nice to be back and back again .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Dates – Arrived July 16th departed July 25th.

The Down & Dirty –

Accommodations – rooms stayed in Villa 4 from 16 to 21st than moved to a Jacuzzi Spa room 2.

Villa 4, comfortable and spacious. Small bedroom with large front room, TV room and Kitchen. Great view of the Small Lalaguna beach area.

All in all room is well appointed and if you don’t have it they will get it, they were very accommodating when we had a need. One note in the pictures it shows an Oven with stove top in actuality there is no oven. Not a big thing.

Room was pretty clean and free of pests. Did find a wad of gum stuck to night stand next to the bed and asked that it be cleaned out. I guess someone forgot it the next day?

Bathroom needs more towel racks.

Jacuzzi Spa room (second room), was a bit smaller but perfectly adequate although these rooms appear to be the party rooms as we had a very noisy neighbor above us (both rooms) and they started partying at 1 AM when they got home from the bars. There was drinking games, yelling and screaming until 6 AM. At 4 AM I called security and woke them up to report the disturbance as my whole family was awoken by their rude obnoxious behavior. The security guard reported back to me at 4:20 AM that he attempted (unsuccessfully to quite the cads) to restore calm but he was rebuffed, door slammed in his face, and told to go away. According to the security guard on duty there is no one else to call and we would have to wait till morning to report it. The next morning at breakfast I reported it to the Front Desk and the hotel MOD who told me she was on property and should have been called to correct the situation, but apparently security is not aware of this procedure.

The MOD told me she would handle this today and it would not be a problem anymore, they apologized profusely and offered to change our room to a Villa on our last night. For the most part after her conversation with the revelers the situation was resolved. But I have a feeling she told them I complained as from that point forward they over flowed there Jacuzzi on to our deck and were throwing garbage and cigarettes down from there patio on to our deck and chairs and anything we had outside. A bit uncomfortable…

Restaurant – Verandah

Our room rate included breakfast and every day we had breakfast off the menu and for the location I have to say quite good. I had seen some comments about powdered OJ but what we had was not powdered it was similar to a Tropicana (not fresh but perfectly acceptable for a comp breakfast). As far as the food offered we order whatever we wanted off the breakfast menu omelets, eggs any fashion, pancakes, Filipino breakfast, English breakfast and all good too. Always cooked to our liking.

Other meals in the restaurant were OK as well I would say nothing special; the service staff is attentive and friendly. Our first night in the resort we had dinner and I ordered the homemade pasta ravioli (green onion and bacon) I was served the stuffed pumpkin ravioli instead, no big deal. The staff were always very friendly and attentive but in many cases they seemed quite shy and timid almost nervous to wait on us.

On a couple of occasions we had food delivered to the room, it was prompt. Suggest they put together a room service delivery procedure as they failed to deliver the salt and pepper or ketchup and napkins. Stuff they would normally have on the table in the restaurant.

Menu highlight for us the BBQ Ribs!!

We had great fun here but the resort is small and you need to get out, we wandered in to Sabang a couple times found the local stores and butchery we ordered food and beverages and they delivered to our hotel room FOC. This was great. We also went to White Sands beach a couple times it is nice as well and a great way to spend a day. We snorkeled and swam in the ocean it was awesome. Be prepared to pay as you go once you leave the resort the banka operators are like NY cabbies they charge a hefty sum to transport you around and if you want to add snorkeling you need hire a separate banka you don’t learn that till you’re out at the snorkel area. Than one area is charged at 200 to 400 per person and than if you want to go to the next snorkel area you pay again, should not be surprised.… “IT’S MORE FUNDS IN THE PHILIPPINES”

All in all I would say “Out of the Blue” is a great place in Puerto Galera and deserving of the accolades I have read previously.

Room Tip: Villa's are very spacious and quite really relaxing. Bring your own food and cook in the Villa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OOTB-JB, Owner at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi Lec. Thank you for the constructive feed back. Please accept my apologies also for the unruly guests. The five young men involved were given a severe warning about their behavior and the need to respect the privacy and peace of ALL other guests. Thankfully they did respond and "partied" off site for their remaining 2 nights. They will not be accepted back at Out of the Blue. Re the OJ it is 100% Australian Juice. I will follow up on you other comments re room service procedures. Hope to see you all again soon.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Out of the blue is a well located, clean and spacious collection of villas that has a fantastic restaurant. Breakfasts are fresh and the service is tops. The sea at high tide is on your doorstep and our villa, located towards the top of the hill, had amazing views!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at OOTB about 5 times over the past 6 or so years. It does get better and better.

Everything from the pick-up at Sabang Pier by small banka, to the excellent quality of the breakfast and the two swimming pools, to it's location overlooking the bay....... just enhances the operation to be what I believe is the best in PG.

Thank you to all for another excellent stay.

Room Tip: OOTB have one villa (V5) for the budget conscious traveller, this is ideal for those using the local...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our second visit to Out of the Blue and unlikely to be our last. Staff are friendly and professional, always willing to go the extra mile to make you feel at home. We stay in large Villa so ideal for families. V1 covers two floors, has large kitchen, dinning and entertaining area, two large decks with spacious bedrooms and bathrooms.

Resort is built on a hill so expect a daily workout on stairs to get to rooms.

Out of the blue is located at one end of beach so away from main shops, restaurants and bars so expect a brisk 15 minute walk.

Breakfast was great each day - Veranda restaurant has great view with cool sea breezes.

WiFi access was unreliable and very slow so don’t expect to be online all time while in resort.

I would recommend the resort without question.

Room Tip: Villa 1 or 2 are amazing for families - home away from home.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Las Piñas, Cavite, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is my 3rd time in Puerto Galera.
And these are the reasons why I love staying at Out of the Blue:

- Spacious Rooms
- Fantastic Food
- Friendly staffs
- Away from the girly bars
- Relaxing
- Helpful receptionists
- Tidy resort
- Love the soft bed
- No need to turn on the AC because the rooms were cool enough with just the ceiling fan.
- Painless to book with them. No hassle and definitely great customer service.
- Honest staffs. (My diamond necklace fell out of my pocket when I went to the restaurant's restroom. I didn't even notice it so there's no chance I know where I lost it. One of the staffs went to our room and asked if I'm missing any thing and of course I replied " Not that I can think of". The staff said, Maybe you lost your necklace? and I looked for my necklace inside my pocket and it was gone. The end of the story is, they gave it back to me. I am grateful because that was my husbands first birthday gift for me.

I will definitely recommend the place. Giving them a 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OOTB-JB, Owner at Out of the Blue Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hi PinkRuby. Thank you for your review and the nice things you had to say about Out of the Blue. Especially the comment regarding the honesty of our staff. I have followed this through and we had a staff meeting yesterday during which I passed on your thanks, and mine, to the staff member who made sure your diamond necklace was returned to you. We all congratulated and applauded her for her honesty. I am also proud to say this is not the first time this has happened.

Been to Out of the Blue Resort? Share your experiences!