“The best resort in Puerto Galera” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Out of the Blue Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Galera
Out of the Blue Resort
You added Out of the Blue Resort to your Saves list
Small La Laguna Beach,, Puerto Galera, Mindoro 5203, Philippines (Formerly Out of the Blue Luxury Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Puerto Galera
Manila, Philippines
“The best resort in Puerto Galera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite. We had a wonderful time! Best Puerto Galera experience! Definitely will come back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Coulsdon, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Thank you to Tripadvisor once again - I stayed at Out of the Blue for 4 nights from 12th March 2012 after reading the reviews. The resort is very well represented by it's website, and is one of the better quality places in the area - and it's great value too!.

The resort has a great fresh and clean feel to it. I stayed at Villa 5, one of the 'budget' suites. The jacuzzi suites by the new pool are the premium suites and book out fast. My suite though, as I was a single occupier was ideal for my requirements and it was right next to the upper pool deck. As most guests used the new pool, I felt like i had the upper pool exclusively to myself.

Big thanks to (Australian) host Dani and her staff, who made me welcome and helped me with a day trip and other information.

I would have no qualms about staying here again. In fact, there isn't another resort in the area at which I'd rather have stayed, even with a bigger budget.

One slight concern for some is that the resort is on a sloping plot and has many steps. So be mindful if you struggle with stairs.

Thanks to everyone who made my trip so enjoyable - I'll be back!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are the ones that book out fast and are a little more money. If you struggle with...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our first trip to the Philippines: My new husband and I spent our honeymoon at Out of The Blue - it was perfect. We arrived to a beautifully dressed bedroom and bathroom with rose petals, candles and more! It offered us the privacy we had been hanging out for, an amazing view, the convenience of the two swimming pools and beach at our doorstep, in house spa services, the Verandah restaurant (with great wine selection!), diving and walking distance to the local bars, restaurants and shops. All members of the team at Out Of The Blue were fantastic, kindly helping us to arrange day trips and the like. A huge thank you from us for helping to ensure our honeymoon was as it should be - romantic and relaxing!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have just completed a 5 night stay at Out of the Blue in Small La Laguna beach. I cannot find fault. I stayed 3 nights in S2 and 2 nights in V2. They are both priced at the top end, but totally worth it, quality quality quality. I have travelled a lot, but will never find a view like V2... simply breathtaking. Dani and her team go to great lengths to help keep this a boutique family affair, while keeping up 5 star standards. We ate at their Veranda restaurant 4 nights out of 5, and all breakfasts and lunch as we just could not find anythig close in Quality, view , ambience and price. I am still smiling from my morning swim, where the coral and tropical fish make a 45 minute swim seem like 15 minutes. Thank you again

Room Tip: If there are two couples get V2 if you can at US 90 per couple it is a steel,but all rooms are good...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

We travelled as a family recently to this beautiful resort. After the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur and Manila, it was wonderful to arrive at this peaceful home away from home. The rooms are terrific and the attention to detail cannot be faulted. Everything you need is provided for your stay. The staff are very enthusiastic and friendly and always went out of their way to make sure we were content. We enjoyed making use of both of the pools and I must say that the view of the Verde Passage from the upper pool deck is a sight to behold. We dined in the on-site Verandah restaurant for most of our meals as the food is delicious, very reasonably priced with plenty of variety. The resort is located about a ten minute easy walk along the beach from the small town of Sabang. A five minute walk in the other direction takes you to Big Laguna beach which is a lovely place to spend the afternoon. I would highly recommend this resort to all travellers to Puerto Galera!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Newburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Well it's our last night at Out Of The Blue and I'm sitting on our balcony overlooking the Sabang Bay ,Bliss :-)
Myself and my Vietnamese Fiancee have been here for 8 nights and have loved every minute of it.
Dani and her team do a great job running this place.We've been staying in Villa 2 and it's fantastic !! Thoroughly cleaned every day by the great housekeeping staff. You even have the choice of two pools to lounge by during those lazy days. The bigger of the two pools has only been open for a couple for months and is a big plus for OOTB,photo attached to review.
The food in the Verandah Restaurant was that good and reasonably priced we dined in 5 out of 8 nights and it's not very often we do this on our travels.
While here I did 10 dives with Rosco and his team at Action Divers who are based at the O.O.T.B entrance on the beach.I shall write a separate review on Trip Advisor and would most defiantly recommend diving with them.
If coming to Puerto Garela I would not hesitate in recommending staying at O.O.T.B.
and we're already looking forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: Any high up room with a Bay view .
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This place was great...the owners really think of everything. From pick up at the boat to make sure you find the place to nice soap, toothpaste and shampoo in the bathroom. I came here with a friend for a Saturday and Sunday out of Manila. Only one night but we had a great stay by the pool and a very nice meal. Drank wine in the jacuzzi bath and then watched a movie from the collection of DVDs. Really enjoyed it and will definitely be back to stay there...only one suggestion - they have a great bar but they need to get a new cocktail list with only 3 on the menu!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Out of the Blue Resort? Share your experiences!