“Night life hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 101 Mindoro B&B and Inns
Taipei, Taiwan
“Night life hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stay here for 5 days in Sep 2013.

After checking in, we encountered several problems, our safe box didn't work, TV didn't work, blood stains on pillows and beds. We complained and changed to another room.

Good side
* Amazing view

Bad side
* Some rooms have no washroom doors
* Old blood stains on pillows and beds
* Towels feel like sand paper
* Noisy at night

Only suitable for single traveler who looking for some fun with local girls.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here last July 12-14 and we booked through an online reservation. We were 12 persons that time and we booked for 2 rooms and just paid for the extra person charges. We booked this hotel because of the good reviews from online and because of their swimming pool. It was a grueling experience reaching the hotel as the only way to get there from the port is by boat which they offer for 300 pesos for all of us which we obviously didn't get as we are a lot to ride on a single boat so we chose to walk. It was tiring! With all your luggage and backpacks and stuff. You have to walk 10-15 mins from their port to get to the hotel. Upon reaching Red sun, we were amazed by the scenic view and design of the hotel as if it gives you a feeling of Greek architecture and stuff. However, the horror of their service starts!

1. They have this restaurant at the 3rd or 4th floor and we ordered for breakfast. We were the only guests that time and order placing and etc took place. We noticed that their servers weren't smiling at all and gave us a "You're not welcome" feeling and gave us facial expressions and sighs which mean to me like it's still early and we're not open for you guys! But that cannot ruin our day.

2. We went into our rooms and went straight to their pool to enjoy the place. Their pool depth, deepest part is 4'. Then a Room attendant approached me and asked if they can replenish the minibar because they're not doe doing it. I refused of course and said that we're all outside and maybe we'll just give them a call for the best time to do that. When we got back, we were surprised that our balcony door was open and we immediately checked the minibar which of course was replenished and obviously they went in to do that and left our balcony door opened! We were rushing to check all our belongings and good thing nothing was missing. But still, it is a matter of Security issue for the guests.

3. Of course I went to the front desk and reported the incident but then their first apology came out after 5 minutes of reporting! There were 2 of them. The girl at the front desk listening to my report and then a shirtless man who has an attitude which we learned later that he is their pool attendant. While the girl was listening to my report, the guy kept on butting in and reasoning all his lame excuses for that. When I asked him, how about our security? He said that we have a CCTV and we will know who'll be the culprit with an irritable tone of voice! My thing is, yes, we will know who the culprit is but the bad experience that we might have and our things that might have been stolen have a hundred percent guarantee of return? I guess not! Bur I let it pass when the girl apologized and said that they will just tell their room attendant about our report. Then we left the counter.

4. We were having a night swimming in the pool then my friend saw a snake from the 2nd floor balcony which was about to drop directly at the same pool where we were swimming! Of course we went out and reported it immediately to their pool attendant with whom I had a confrontation at the desk earlier. He managed to capture and kill it and the he said "it's already dead" and left us. (No apology required sir?)

5. 2nd breakfast, at the restaurant again and of course, the same servers were there and she gave us the same attitude. This time, we gave her an awakening confrontation. My friend talked to her asking her if she has a problem with us because she keeps on giving us a not so welcoming reactions and expressions and she replied that she is mad with her co-server that's why she acts like that. Then we explained to her that we are all hoteliers and giving us that attitude is unacceptable and all. We were calm and told her that we chose to confront her because she is also a hotelier and caters service and what she is doing with us is far from a hotelier character. We told her to be professional as we are paying guests and we don't deserve the attitude that she is giving. Then she apologized and even made friends with us and started smiling and all.

6. one of my friends order was not yet served after waiting for 40 mins. She decided to have a follow up this time at their counter. Then her order of BLT was served. The server said, sorry ma'am because lettuce is not available so she was served a BLT sandwich without the lettuce??! My friend got really disappointed and asked for a manager. A Korean manager went to talk to my friend and apologized. My friend discussed with him all the unfortunate incidents and the poor service that we had since we got in their hotel. All what the manager did was apologized and didn't give any offer for service recovery since we really had 80% bad experience from their end.

7. No exhaust in the restroom and AC is not that cold. We let this pass.

8. Food are pricey but understandable for it is a hotel. You can eat elsewhere near but pricey restaurant as well. If you want to eat in a more affordable place, it's all near the port which means, you have to walk 10 mins to get there and another 10 mins to go back.

We were really disappointed with the service of the hotel but I guess they'll serve you right if you're a Korean as I understand that the owner is a Korean. I don't know why that online reservation reviews were like that. Maybe we were just in a bad timing. But I'll surely post this review in that website too. Hope this one helps!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Worldtraveler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Booked a standard room via telephone for 1 week over Easter period many months ahead. Check in without problems.

The room was spacious and clean. You can see a somewhat higher standard due to the fact that the majority of the guests are Korean dive tourists. Luckily it so far has not impacted the price. Maybe because it is not located in the heart of Sabang but you have to walk about 10 minutes partly through beach sand.

I very much enjoyed:

- the terrace with the sea view
- the pool on top of the building with a marvellous view on the bay
- daily room service that wiped the room floor wet (first time I came across this in PH)
- in room safety box, video surveillance, safety guard at night time

No negative points!

Room Tip: did not see any bad rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Alabang, south Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Moved to this hotel after not very pleasant experience in LaLaguna Beach Club. Got the room on the 4th floor, the price went down from PHP3,500 to 3000 after 2 mins bargaining. Amazing view, large and clean room, though 2nd queen bed could probably be optional. Right near the room there was a path to awesome infinity pool. However, had to go downstairs and ask management to send someone to clean it (somehow nobody bothered to do it without prompting). The service in restaurant is also a bit slow, menu could be a bit more various, especially for Korean dishes (resort is owned by Korean dude). Overall - very good impression, but place needs strict European/American manager, IMHO. I am definitely staying there again.

Room Tip: If your budget allows - ask the Deluxe room on 4th foor. The view is awesome - see photos
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

If anyone ever recommends this place then take my word its a disgrace. Dated rooms, grey old towels, leaky showers and beds built on a brick base.....Mattress terrible........This place was recommended by Bjorn and Alice Askolm at AB Wonderdive...... I stayed there for 2 hours and then walked out and moved to El Galleon Resort.........Luckily they accomodated us immediately. AB Wonderdive tried to force me to pay for the 9 nights whish of course I refused to do........They obviously have very low standards to be bold enough to recommend this disgraceful hotel.....I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy................

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Redsun Resort? Share your experiences!