“Great time and they really care!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Banaue Homestay to your Saves list
Banaue Homestay
Pangngat, Poblacion, Banaue, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Banaue B&B and Inns
“Great time and they really care!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 1 night while trekking around Banaue. They came and picked us up from the bus station at 6 am after a 9 hour bus ride which was very nice and as soon as we got to the hotel we received a hot cup of tea.
The hotel itself is simple but clean. Amazing view of the rice fields from the hotel balcony. There's not much more than simple hotel/bb's in Banaue so this is the best it gets. The bed, room and bathroom were clean. There is hot water to take a shower after a long day of trekking and the food was good.

Bea the manager of the hotel is so nice. You could tell that it was important for her that we were comfortable and having a good time. She also set up our tour/trekking guide Jonathan. He was so excellent.

Jonathan was everything you look for in a tour guide. He is a native that speaks great English and knows Banaue and the surrounding area like the back of his hand. He also knows the history of the area and of the agriculture and methods of growing rice which we found very interesting.
He wasn't pushy in any way. Gave us as much time as we wanted to see the sites to swim around in the hot springs and waterfalls, to rest after walking up the steep mountains and to take pictures along the way. He took us through paths that most guides are too lazy to take the tourists and we never took the same path twice if it was possible.

We trekked the first day in Banaue and instead of the regular tour where it is pretty much just going to view points and a short walk to the hot springs we opted to do an additional 3 hour trek from Banaue view point down to Bocos village area. It cost us an additional 700 pezo and was worth every cent. This was the highlight of the trip. It was a real rugged exciting trek that I really doubt that many tourists do. RECOMMENDED!

I dont know if this is a standard trek so I recommend going to the Homestay hotel to request that Jonathan take you on this trek.

The second day we did the Batad village, Tappiyah falls and rice terrace trek. Which was great as well.

It cost us 3,500 pesos a day for a private jeep and tour guide. The additional trek was 700 pesos. We also took the room with a private bathroom that cost us 1,200 pesos.

Bea and her team made sure that when we got back from the second day of trekking that we were able to take a hot shower (even though we were all ready checked out) and Bea and Jonathan personally drove us to the bus station to to make sure everything was in order with our tickets and wish us a farewell.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed only one night but will definitely come back. The place is clean and comfortable, with big smiles and care from the staff. Wonderful view of the rice terraces right at your window is another plus. We felt like at home and had a good time talking to the staff and other guests. The food was delicious and fresh.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at the Banaue Homestay for three nights and had the most amazing time. The service of Bea’s team was great and you really felt like you were staying in someone’s home rather than a guest house. I spent Chrstmas Eve in Batad and returned back to Banaue on Christmas Day morning where I was welcomed with a big Merry Christmas greeting and invited to join her and the team for food and drinks. As a lone traveller is was great to be part of someone’s Christmas celebrations and will remember it as one of my highlights of the Philippines.

The service they provided was great, I was greeted off the night bus and took to the homestay where I was welcomed with tea and coffee. The food they provide is also good and they also have a good knowledge of the area and can organise guides and transport.

Bea and her team really know how to make you feel at home, I really felt like one of the family. If only every guest house could be this welcoming!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

It was a last minute decision for me to spend New year's Eve in Banaue but it was one I will always fondly remember - mostly because I chose Banaue Homestay. Guests here are treated like members of an extended family, or long-lost friends.

Bea, Jovy and Rebecca made sure I felt comfortable and welcome during my 3-day stay. They have a deep understanding of the hospitality business which goes beyond providing clean rooms, good food, great views, and friendly atmosphere. For the New Year's Eve, I joined them (along with other guests) in the family get together. They shared with us everything on the table. This is Filipino hospitality at its best.

I may have spent New Year's Eve hundreds of miles away from home but because of the warmth they showed me, I felt like I never traveled far.

Thanks you very much Bea and family! :) I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Banaue Homestay has wonderful staff who make guests feel welcome. The property is centrally located, but has no parking for those who come with their own car. The rooms are small but neat and clean; a number of the rooms face the rice terraces. The property only has 5 rooms with 2 shared showers. It takes a while to get hot water; which is manageable. The food is very good. Bea, the manager, is a jewel. She organizes day trips and gives good advice on what to see. We spent 3 nights at the Banaue Homestay and would go back there anytime. This place is great value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the rice terraces
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Fantastic little home stay in Banaue. Super helpful staff make it feel like a home from home. They gave us coffee when we arrived back soaking wet and cold from a day at the rice terraces - it's the little touches! It's only about 3 mins walk from the main square so very convenient. Hot water sometimes took a while to heat up but other than that no complaints!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The property is about 500 metres up the road from where all the buses terminate in Banaue.

I travelled solo to Banaue and stayed in Banaue Homestay for 2 nights and 3 days (was meant to be 3 nights but was caught up in a typhoon and the lovely owner Bea never charged me for that night I was stuck in a bus) As a result I checked in at 3am and yet Bea was very obliging and showed me my room and the facilities even at that unearthly hour. The food was excellent, the room comfortable, the staff super friendly and the views from the balcony are to die for (a panaromic view of the rice terraces) There are 2 bathrooms upstairs to be shared by about 4-5 rooms and an extra bathroom/toilet downstairs if needed.

Bea is well known and respected in town and as a result can get you a reliable and knowledgeable guide to take you around. I highly recommend Denver who was fantastic. He will look after you more than a friend and has a wealth of knowledge. He has a tricycle to take you around and quite good natured. I had a fantastic experience and would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the rice terraces although most rooms are...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Banaue Homestay? Share your experiences!