“Amazing view for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Banaue Homestay
Pangngat, Poblacion, Banaue, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Banaue B&B and Inns
Regensburg, Germany
“Amazing view for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This cozy place is a nice place to stay in Banaue. It offers OK accomodation combined with a smile and a welcoming atomosphere. It is a short walk to the city which can be quite scary at night time. Also they push you a bit to take their tourguide (which isnt a big issue, but I just dont like being pushed to decisions).

Overall we liked it and can recommend the place!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Small, clean and the staff makes you feel at home the moment you step in the door.
Nothing fancy but really relaxing, especially the breakfast on the balcony overlooking the rice fields.
The family run hotel prepares great home cooked local food and is helpful to organize day trips and tours to other places nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I went online to search for the best place to stay in Banaue. I ended up seeing the positive reviews about this place in a number of travel blogs and websites. Ate Bea was kind enough to reply to my numerous emails and inquiries unlike the other lodges I contacted. She even reminded me to bring a jacket for the long bus ride. How kind of her I thought to myself.

Upon arrival there, I was fetched by a tricycle going to the place. Instead of checking in at 12 noon, they allowed me to check in as early as 9 am. The room I stayed was meant for sharing but they were kind enough to let me have it for myself. The food could be a little bit pricey but fresh is fresh. Also the home-cooked meals is better than any instant food.

Ate Bea was also very helpful to make me an itinerary in Banaue. She even paired me up with other travelers for the guided tours so that I could share in the cost. At times she would be the one to haggle with the tour operators so that I would get it at a lower price.

I would love to come back here when I can. The staff are friendly and courteous. They would even tell stories about Banaue and give you tips on how to best enjoy the place.

Room Tip: A good view of the rice terraces at the back would be the best spot. Also, close windows at night be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had originally booked 1 night at the Banaue Homestay but due to illness I extended my stay to 2 nights. Bea, the owner was most accommodating and helped me out in the best way possible. She even let me prepare food in her kitchen, so I know first hand that it is very clean and tidy and the food is freshly prepared.

On my arrival I was greeted with tea and breakfast on the balcony (American style and Filipino options available) which offers amazing views over the rice terraces. After 9 hours in a bus at freezing temperatures I was so thankful for such a welcome. The breakfast was generous and it was customised to my taste as I don't eat meat. I also sampled the Chop Suey for dinner, which is a great option for vegetarians as there is really no meat in there and it is cooked without much oil and comes with a generous portion of rice.

My room was spotlessly clean and the bathroom was cleaned regularly as well. The guesthouse was quite busy whilst I was staying and Bea was helping out everyone in a very friendly way. She also organised a driver and tour guide for me, which was great cause I was travelling by myself.

All in all the Banaue Homestay offers basic but clean and comfortable accommodation and it is managed in the most dedicated way.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent a splendid time ahey are at Banaue homestay. It's a family-runned business. They are extremely kind people, who are always eager to go the extra mile to make the guests feel comfortable. The kitchen is very good and they organise their own excurses to the rice terasses. They even offered us pick up the day when we arrived and on the last day to the bus station. The rooms are nice too and yoou have a wonderful view from the balcony to the rice terraces. That1s the best place to have your breakfast in the morning watching the sun going up above the clouds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was stressed in trying to find a place for my group of 5 to stay on a recent trip to Banaue. The other places I contacted (the more big name places) weren't answering the phone, calling me back, responding to facebook or email. It was very frustrating but then I came across the Banaue Homestay. I reached out and heard back almost immediately from the owner, Bea. I had a lot of questions as one of my group had some special circumstances, and it was easy to sort out all the details with Bea. Her English is good, but really her communication and responsiveness were amazing.

Additionally, the rooms were great and the accomodations compltely acceptable. It's not fancy - basic beds, shared bathroom - but the water is hot, there are extra blankets, and it feels very homey. Bea and her family made us feel right at home. If we are able to go back, we will definitely stay at the Homestay again. It was perfect and the views were unmatched.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a great view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lund, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the very first email I send to Bea to the last goodbye, she and her staff were extremely accommodating, showing patience with all my needs and questions and helping me out with everything from pick up from Clark to the food she served us. We intended to stay there just one night but ended up three nights at the Homestay. Staff were splendid.

The rooms are basic but have wonderful view of the rice terraces and comfortable beds. The balcony downstairs is made for contemplation and relaxing. The showers, different from what I am used to, where hot and functional. The food was delicious. The staff - did I mention? - great!

If they have room available, look no further.

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the terraces, great view but shared restroom. You can have your ensuite restr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Banaue Homestay? Share your experiences!