“David's Tea House Dim Sum Sampler Rocks” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3,836 of 7,485 Restaurants in Luzon
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
San Antonio TX
“David's Tea House Dim Sum Sampler Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I discovered David's Tea House in 2006 during my first visit to the Philippines. I was with a friend, and we had all sorts of things – I can't even remember what all we had. I can tell you that I was impressed with everything we had and vowed to return.

On my third trip, in 2009, I was by myself and ordered the Dim Sum Sampler. The first time I had it was at the Mall of Asia restaurant. It was surprisingly good and surprisingly inexpensive. I had the dish again at their branch in Malate (this location delivered to my hotel room), and finally at the Greenbelt location. David's Tea House has the consistency thing down to a science. I got the identical dish at each place.

This past year, 2011, in December, I was once again in Manila for a few days and, alas, I had to order the Dim Sum Sampler yet once more.

For 230 pesos (US$5.38), you get 12 pieces, two each of six different dim sum items (see photo.) You also get the typical soy sauce/chili oil condiment along with a generous helping of fresh calamansi. Everything is very tasty and the pieces are of a very good size. The dish can easily feed 2 to 3 people.

I'll be back in Manila this winter and I'm sure I will find myself once more at David's Tea House enjoying their Dim Sum Sampler.

• Visited December 2011