“Best way to travel around Japan” 5 of 5 stars

Between JR Tokyo Station and JR Shin-osaka Station
Improve this listing
Adelaide, Australia
32 attraction reviews
“Best way to travel around Japan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

Totally worth every cent you pay for the green pass in order to ride this baby. Super quick, clean, punctual and safe. Make sure you get to the station with plenty of time to spare because it really does leave exactly on time. You can see quick snippets of Japan through the Shinkansen windows, even better when another train goes past and you realise just how quickly you're going in comparison. Definitely not your average train trip at home.

The only thing is that if you're on a longer trip, buy a warm meal/snacks from the station or convenience store beforehand. There wasn't much of a selection from the trolley on the train.

Visited June 2014

Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
“No other way beats this to cover Japan.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 NEW

When I first bought our 7 day green passes in Australia I thought they were a bit pricey but once in Japan, riding our first shinkansen leg to Fujisan I was won over.
These trains are fast, VERY FAST !
They are just as efficient as air travel in Japan without all that downtime.
The timetables are perfect and the comfort, service and amenities cannot be surpassed.
After traveling from Tokyo to Mishima to Kobe to Kyoto back to Tokyo on this fantastic system I'm so impressed I want one !
Can the short-sighted planners of Melbourne please start saving up for one of these.....?

Surrey, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“I sooooo love these trains!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 NEW

I love shinkansen. I love everything about it, although it is a bit pricey. But it's uber fast, uber comfortable, uber punctual, uber safe, uber clean and shashou-san are very very helpful. We usually reserve seats but for the Hamamatsu-Atami leg of our trip, we just went on the non-reserved car, and were standing. Shashou-san came and told us "the Car #1 is quite empty. Please go sit down there, if you like" - Aw so helpful and sweet. My husband loved watching the trains "pass" through the station - you could see how fast these trains really were! I just love the experience, every effin time. We go back to Japan once every 3 years or so, and we never fail to book a short trip within the country so we could ride on shinkansen :-) JR is awesome.

Visited April 2015
Bandung, Indonesia
78 attraction reviews
“I Paid 28300 Yen, Free to Anywhere in 7 Days !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015 NEW

Based on my experience, i explore to anywhere in Japan with any Shinkansen and any local transport which a group with JR. I took JR Pass for 7 days. I paid one time only 28,300 Yen! About 283 USD. Amazing trip that i have. As i knew,this package only for tourist, unavailable for japanese.

I suggest you to take this one, go to any where with the biggest transport network in Japan. You dont need to think any transport cost anymore. Much cheaper when we compare if we buy one ticket for every trip!

Visited May 2014
“Wow. A dream come true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

Always wanted to go on this train.

And how often do those things you've longed for turn out a tad disappointing.

Well not this, no way, no how.

Bang on time.

Clean as you could wish.

But mainly, it's very, very, very fast.

It's worth going out of your way to have a journey on board this baby.