“Serene New Kid in Town with a local touch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel

You added Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel to your Saves list
Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Prawirotaman II No. 839, Yogyakarta 55153, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #8 of 132 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Singapore
“Serene New Kid in Town with a local touch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed for three nights at this newly opened hotel with a group of friends. The rooms are rather functional, but the quality bedding and black-out curtains ensure a good sleep quality. Large TV and free Wifi. I found the staff very attentive and helpful. The breakfast spread is quite wide, with a good selection especially of Asian specialties. Given its name, I was looking out for local artwork, and there are some nice Javanese pieces on display in the common areas. A part of the top floor is mapped out for art exhibitions but is still in the making. We enjoyed a special breakfast on this top floor which allows great views of nearby Mount Merapi. The hotel has connecting rooms, and since there is a lovely large pool and thanks to the central yet quiet location, I would not hesitate to come back with my family.

Room Tip: I was told that all rooms are the same, but some connecting rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Made_Pinatih, General Manager at Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel Yogyakarta as your accommodation during your stay in Yogyakarta. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for your nice words for our service and facilities, especially for mentioning our executive lounge. We will always take greater effort to provide the best hospitality and service for you. We are looking forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

With the reasonable price, Galery Prawirotaman Hotel provides relatively high quality of service and comfortable enviroment to stay. The view from the 5th floor is specacular. The food offered is mainly based on local taste, which is quite fresh to new visitors to Yogyakarta.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Made_Pinatih, General Manager at Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Tank you for your review, when you come back to Yogyakarta should there be anything of assistant required, please feel free to contact us.
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Things need to be improved
1.A hair dryer in room in advance is a must (Can be non-portable)
2.Only one dental kit in a double room (For the queen size bed)
3.The hot water is not endurable when taking a shower
4.Need to replenish the shower and bath gel more often, one way to improve is to use refillable box attached on the wall.

Things are done well
1.All the staff serve with smile and warm greeting
2.Actively ask customers for assistance
3.The quality of food is good
4,The design and atmosphere of the room and the lobby are nice.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We hope you did enjoy stay with us and brought nice memories of us and our beautiful city, Yogyakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Me and my husband went to Jogjakarta for business trip recently and spent our 2 nights at this hotel. The service was great, the staffs were friendly and helpful.

The room was clean, except the shower room floor was a little too flat, so every time we took shower, the water came out and spread to the bathroom floor although the drain was working just fine, no clogging. And, I couldn't always access Wi-fi from the hotel room, the connection was quite poor most of the time. Other than that, everything else was working okay

They have a medium size swimming pool in the back of the hotel. Also, a small gym.

The breakfast was excellent, one of the best breakfasts I've had in a hotel. And, we had our dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was great! My most favorite was their dessert.

Overall, the price we paid was good value for money

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Made_Pinatih, General Manager at Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and cater you with our best service and facilities.
We are very happy to welcoming you back in the nest visit to our hotel.
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I found this hotel in Tripadvisor and decided to book by phone. The rate is the same with hotel booking sites such as Agoda and booking.com, so I decided to book directly & pay through bank transfer.

The hotel is located in Jalan Prawirotaman II which is well known as a tourist area. It's quite easy to find this hotel among guest houses and homestays in Prawirotaman. Although I arrived early around 7.30 am, my room was ready within 30 minutes without any additional charge. The hotel was very empty at the time, I think I was the only customer at the time. The nice lady at the front office told me that the hotel is only 1 month old, so not many people know about this hotel.

The hotel is very beautiful, brand new with a beautiful classic colonial style. Lobby is reasonably big, the swimming pool is very inviting and the overall ambient is very calm and relaxing. I booked deluxe room and the room size is big. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. Wifi is provided for free and the signal is quite strong.

Breakfast was offered a la carte because I was the only customer, but the selection was quite thorough (Indonesian breakfast, western breakfast, egg, fresh juice, coffee, tea etc). The fried rice came with sunny side up egg, chicken satay and pickles. The taste was very good, it's beyond my expectation.

Overall this hotel is the best choice in Prawirotaman area. The building is very nice and the staffs are also great, especially those in the front desk and in the restaurant. I hope that they can get more customers in the future because this hotel is quite amazing with a great value. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Radjaff,

Thank you for choosing our hotel.
We will always give all of our Guest the best service.

If you have plan to visit Jogja, don't hasitate to book our hotel.
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was invited by the owners of the hotel to try this new hotel. I was amazed when is first saw the hotel. It was chalk white with a touch of dutch colonial flair. I really liked the architecture and it was very good photo spot. The location is within the old city center and within the prawirotaman expat area. I was first expecting a noisy and bustling area like Kuta or Legian in Bali but turns out the place has a very serene environment, it was serene and the only voices you can hear are of roosters waking you up in the morning or the occasional muslim call to prayer. I liked it very much, imagine swimming alone accompanied with chirping of birds and the swaying of frangipani trees.

The room was quite clean although as a new hotel it still needs improvement. The 4th floor and the viewing lounge is still under construction so the elevators and staircase sometimes gather dust. The houskeeping kept forgetting small things like cups, towels, but are very responsive when needed. I brought along my wife and 3 month baby along and they have no problem, the staffs kindly found me a baby tub to wash her and the water is clean to bathe him in.

As other reviewers have said it is a shame that the spa and gym was not yet finished as i can imagine just relaxing and pampering myself for days at this hotel.

Overall this is a good 3 star hotel (although it is more in the 4 star category i think). If you want to offload some of your daily stress then take a weekend getaway in jogja at this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Warmest greatings from all of us at Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
We heartily thank you very much for your kind attention and patronage to us wrote good comment in Tripadvisor.

Best regards,
I Made Sarina Pinatih
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was already booked another hotel at first, but by suggestion of my friends, I changed my mind and choose Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel. And it was wonderful. The room is nice with very reasonable price. The traditional yet majestic scene of the pool is magnificent.
Will definitely going back there if I travel jogjakarta again next time.
It was just newly open and some of the facilities like the gym and spa not available yet. I believe it will be a more remarkable stay when it is totally open :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Your comment is very nice. It hopefully brings good impact to our hotel and other people read you comment may enjoy the similar experiences as yours.

Been to Gallery Prawirotaman Hotel? Share your experiences!