“Always has warm hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Jend Sudirman 19, Yogyakarta 55233, Indonesia   |
Ranked #21 of 108 hotels in Yogyakarta
Depok
“Always has warm hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Last month I went to Jogja and have an opportunity to enjoy this Hotel. Once again Santika did not let me down.Breakfast was fine with many variety and was cooked good and plenty of it for the larger appetite. The staff was helpful and friendly. They help me manage my luggage when I come in the morning before my check in time also help me to get transportation quickly also I get my laundry manage in my closet. Eventhough it is 4 star hotel it give me 5 star service.

• Stayed December 2012

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed 3 days in this hotel. It is centrally located near Tugu and no too far away to walk to Malioboro street (around 1 km) or you can take a becak ride. We ordered a room from Agoda without breakfast and later on added with an extra bed. The room is spacious and the bathroom is clean. We think it is a good value considering high season (xmas holiday). The breakfast is domestically oriented, for foreigners they have croissants, bread and cheese. No green salad. pity the pool is quite small, dark in the evening and rather irritating for the eyes. The staffs are nice and we were picked up and dropped to Tugu station as a complimentary service. We just tipped the driver. Our room had no view (facing a wall) but it is ok as we were out all day. We had no further complaints.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My sister, her husband and me are staying at Santika Hotel Yogyakarta from December 21 to 23, 2012. On December 21 we had to call the hotel doctor at around 8.30pm because my sister had diarrhea (more than 8 times) and vomits (more than 5 times) that also caused strong abdominal pain. She was so weak that we had to help her to go to toilet. The doctor came half an hor later, and diagnosed her with gastrointestinal acute. We don't know Yogyakarta city because I live in Jakarta and my sister and husband in Germany, and it was already around 10pm. So, I requested help to the doctor to ask hotel to buy the prescribe medicine -a stomachache pain reliever and rehydration solution. The doctor said he would tell reception in his way out. We waited 10 minutes, nobody called us about the person who could help. I called the reception, a receptionist said that he would look for someone; as we waited about another 10 minutes nobody called us in the room, I called the reception and asked, the answer was 'please wait'. I told him, "please let me know whether you can provide someone of the hotel to go to pharmacy or not, if not I will think of alternative and don't let us waited because this is emergency". After 5 minutes we got a call from the receptionist who said that nobody is available to go to pharmacy. I had to call a relative at 11pm to ask for help; and the medicine came at around 1am. A good service is not about the staffs smiles to hotel guests all the time but how the hotel handles an emergency or crisis situation. We were in crisis because dehydration would endanger my sister's life too and suffered strong abdominal pains. No help from hotel to buy medicine was ignorance behavior to emergency or crisis. That's very poor service. Worst experience ! I told the reception yesterday afternoon: "would you imagine that you are in a foreign place and your partner is sick and you cannot leave the person alone in the room, but the hotel does not help you to buy medicine. What you would tell the hotel?"

Room Tip: not rooms facing the main street, you can hear the street noise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Yogyakarta is the center of Javanese culture. And this hotel has a feel of Java so strong. Santika Premier Jogja be my first choice if i'm in Jogja. What's interesting about this hotel is its convenient location and breakfast that serves many local specialties.

the rooms are quite spacious for it's class but the bathroom and the equipment looks old, and it's time to be renovated.

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view Higher floor rooms are very recommended
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was very impressed by the level of service rendered by the hotel staff. Very,very approachable and willing to go the extra mile to help make our stay more pleasurable. Stayed for 2nights and it was a very pleasant stay indeed. The concierge, Ms Shanti, certainly made us feel very welcomed when we first arrived at the hotel. She even helped us to book a taxi and play tickets that we decided to go for at the last minute. We really appreciate what she had done for us as we definitely would not be able to do so on our own. The reception staff who checked us in was equally helpful although i could not recall his name. Every staff that we encountered were very helpful and we could not see anyone that has a 'sour face' on them.
Loved the entertainment provided at the lobby, enjoyed the music n singing.

Breakfast spread was fantabulous! You will be spoiled for choice if you choose to stay in this hotel. The room is very spacious, with a view of the mountains. Very splendid!

My family and me really enjoyed our stay here. Kudos to all the staff for always having a smile on your faces and for going the extra mile for the guests. Thank you very much!

Room Tip: get a room with a view of the mountains!
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Everytime we come back to Yogyakarta, we would like to stay in different hotels for a change.
Once we stayed in Santika Premiere Jogja and the kids love it.
The difference that Santika has which my kids did not find it everywhere else is they have mini becak by the pool, so the kids loved to ride them and made it an unforgettable stay for them.

Room Tip: if you love to stay in the city center of jogja, this is the placce. nearby to famous malioboro stre...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed there four days along with my wife who had previous knowledge about the hotel. Actually she booked it herself without asking for my opinion. I found the hotel an excellent one compared with the price charged and in consideration of the good accommodation with accompanying room service, wide lobby, wide choice for breakfast and much more. The rooms have enough space and the required furniture; the members of the staff are very cordial and smiling. The location of the hotel is also good. Taxies can be easily found there when required. We left the hotel with full satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Santika Premiere Jogja? Share your experiences!