“''Good, creative and perfect quality/price''” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 443 Restaurants in Yogyakarta
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Description: Mediterranea Restaurant by kamil is providing French and Mediterranean Cuisine in a Cozy Place From Tuesday to Sunday, we are Open for Lunch Time at 11am non stop untill 11pm.All Recipes are made by The French Chef Kamil.
“''Good, creative and perfect quality/price''”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Maybe I am not objective because I eat there almost every day for lunch but honestly I don't know another place in Yogyakarta, Java and except some "high level" restaurants in Bali or Jakarta with this quality of food.
The menu is complete but every day Camille arrives to surprise us with his ''special today''; imagination, perfect choice of components often macrobiotics coming from his own garden.
It's not the first choice for people looking really for Indonesian food of course but for this kind of food it's impossible for me to find better.
I read with surprise some ''bad'' comments and I cannot understand. As I explained I eat here almost every day, for me (and I am not particulary yielding !) I never had bad food or bad service even if I know restaurant is a very difficult activity.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
“I ate here because it was close to my hotel...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

But I'm happy I did. After looking at the menu I decided to dine there. I was initially worried because I didn't see many people eating there by just standing in the front. But as I was led to my table in the AC room, I saw the crowd. After I was seated it did take a while for someone to come and take my order. So much so that I thought about leaving, but instead I used their free wifi until got someone's attention. The wifi worked well. I ordered the mushroom pizza and the "fresh" lemon juice. The juice was eh. It wasnt very tangy, as if it had been diluted out too much. The pizza on the other hand I enjoyed. It was 45k idr, had a super thin crust and came with mushrooms, olives, garlic, tomato sauce, and moz. cheese. I will return again and order the pizza. I again had trouble having someone bring the bill and again, pick up the money. When I did interact with the staff, they were very friendly. On the evening that I went, there seemed to be a wait to sit outside (I think this was the smoking area). The AC room did not have a wait. In fact at 1 point I was in there alone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Very good food - a must try...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm living in Indonesia for 4 years and I must say that it's the best western restaurant i've never been here. The meals are really good with generous portions and the ratio quality / price is astounding.

If you like, savors, taste, you must go there.

I don't like to raed on other comments "it's like in France" or "it's a big change with noodles" because we must compare things equal. Indonesian high class food is really good. Just let's say that it's different...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paris
“How did this restaurant get rated so high?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I can't believe the people praising this restaurant. Are they comparing it to street food? My rating should of course be considered within the context of category of restaurants it claims to be in.

We ordered a shishlik plate, pasta and a pizza. For drinks we started with two "pure orange" and one mint drink and a Moroccan tea.

The chicken shishlik plate comes with the shishlik itself, tomatoes, aubergine and yoghurt/cucumber. The chicken was a bit dry and lacked some taste, the tomatoes tasted old, the yoghurt was good (I personally don't like how it's served, but I haven't downrated them for that).

The pasta and pizza were 'ok', nothing more to add to that.

The thing that angers me the most, to the point of writing this review, is the drinks. Now granted in Indonesia it seems to be the standard to write "fresh" or "pure" fruit juice and then give you 90% water with with sugar and maybe 10% fruit. However, this restaurant claims to be better and they lied to me, straight to my face three times, until I became pissed off and then one of the waiters confessed they mix it with sugar. (However, for sure the drinks were a mixture of syrup with water and possibly 5% orange (not exaggerating)). Also, expect their "Moroccan" tea to taste nothing like actual Moroccan tea.

Leiden
“Amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is the best restaurant in town, thank to Chef Camille.
The atmosphere is friendly, you can eat any time, so the restaurant adapts to you. If you're in a big group, special rooms are provided.

Come and experience some French, Greek and Italian cuisine. Best option in the south of the city.