“A must when in Jogja” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Melbourne, Australia
“A must when in Jogja”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

A friend who had done the class the prior night recommended we do this class - and it was awesome! Really relaxing and a great experience. Never done any jewellery making before.
The studio is so serene - and the teacher - Mas Agus - really helpful and friendly.

Thank you for a great experience - and definitely something that should be tried!

We wrote up about it on our blog http://agentmorphedesign.com.au/broadcast/2013/01/28/day-4-from-the-cave-to-the-palace/

Visited January 2013

Varies Often
“Getting into the spirit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

There is so much great art in this city, and in my opinion there is no better way to experience it than by getting involved. Agus' silver smith class allows you to just that. As a first timer to jewellery making I was a little bit nervous about soldering, and to top it off my design was ambitious for a beginner to say the least. With Agus' guidance and encouragement I completed my piece without compromise. I can't wait to give my mom her personalized silver pendent made by me. For the fun, experience, and value take a day and do this!

Visited February 2013
Sydney
“This is a must do in Yogya!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My three teenage kids (16,15 and 13) and husband enrolled for a class with Pak Agus. It was a highlight of our visit to Yogya. It was a complete hands on experience with each of the three kids (1 son and 2 daughters) making a silver ring of their own design. Pak Agus was a great teacher, patient, funny and with excellent English. He even explained to 15 year old son some of the chemical properties of silver ! (son had been on holidays too long!). We highly recommend this silver making class - it is a must do in Yogya. Thanks very much Pak Agus!!!

Visited December 2012
USA
3 attraction reviews
“Highlight!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Definitely, definitely worth it - we had a really great time! The instructor makes this course really fun and the jewlery we made will be very special as presents

Visited October 2012
Salatiga, Indonesia
“A must do in Jogja!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you ever happen to be in Jogja, going to this studio will make a good experience! The owner offers jewelry making classes from 3 hours to a couple of days. (see http://indonesiantourismonline.blogspot.com/2010/01/studio-76-silver-jewellery-making.html) I did a arranged course and it was totally worth it! Just make sure you contact him before you come.
Oh and he also arranges great bike rides trough the outskirts of Jogja. A very good way to experience some real culture and have time to take photo's of the beautiful rice fields and villages.
Just ask him about it! He speaks good English, French, little bit of Dutch and who knows even more than that.

Visited August 2012