“nice location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 328 Yogyakarta B&B and Inns
Paris
“nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I got a small room in this hotel with no real view at all, but the room was quite good and well arranged. The location of the hotel in the city is rather good. It wasn't exactly cheap but all otehr hotels were full at that point.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Pros:
- Clean and well-maintained.
- The room is quite spacious as it is a junior suite.
- Excellent location (with plenty of cafes, restaurants, street food & shopping).
- Bathroom is big, water pressure & heater works well.
- Reasonable price.

Cons:
- Breakfast is below average. We tried it for one day and decided to eat out for the rest of our stay though it is included.
- Extra bed is very uncomfortable as the mattress is very thin and I could feel the metal structure under it.
- Staff had rather poor command of English.
- They only gave us a bedsheet as blanket for the extra bed. My friends asked for the extra blanket 3 times but they did not deliver. On the fourth try, they told me that they don't have any extra blanket & so I told them to deliver 2 more bedsheets. And finally the extra blanket arrives (meaning they were either too lazy or lying about the blanket from before).
- They only gave 1 roll of toilet paper and we had to ask for extra toilet paper everyday (there's 3 girls in the room!).
- I requested the lady at the reception to contact the tour agency as I just wanted to confirm some details of the pick up timing. She tried to charge me IDR3000 to make the phone call of one minute. Two day before, the concierge have arranged a tour for us with the same agency and it was free. It is a local call and it is to the same tour agency that the hotel was working with, so I did not understand why they tried to charge me.

Though the service is lacking, I would still recommend the hotel if you just want a clean room, reasonable price in convenient location and if you do not require the use of an extra bed.

Room Tip: Get the Junior Suite it is so much more spacious.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Andi_Solo, Pyrenees staff at Pyrenees Jogja Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear pingishere,

I would like to thank you for taking the time the comment following your visit at Hotel Pyrenees Jogja.
I regret that your stay did not meet up to your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to reinforce the quality of service and we really appreciate your constructive comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Hotel Pyrenees Jogja.
Macau, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel has very small rooms but excellent shower, very clean, great service. No mini fridge in rooms. An elevator is being installed and a new rooftop café will open soon which will be very nice. The dining room is nice, but very hot with no air circulation or A/C. The staff was super nice and helpful. Great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs DKNYgirl

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent experience in Hotel Pyrenees Jogja.
It is always pleasure to have comment like yours and I will share it to our team.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Everything is pretty basic, i was staying in the larger room which have windows to the street. when i was there, the elevator was out of service. they told me before i checked in, so nothing to complain. room was clean and nice.

But the hotel itself is just for bed and breakfast, nothing more. the price they gave me is standard in the area, but i think is quite expensive for the facilities they offer. the hotel is very close to malioboro street, just in the corner. if i have a chance to come to yogya again, i think i will find another hotel, doesnt have to be very close to malioboro, so i can have a nicer hotel with maybe the same price.

Room Tip: there is a club just across the street, if you need to be quiet to sleep, dont get the front room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Johan,

I would likt to thank your for choosing Hotel Pyrenees Jogja as your accomodation choice during your recent stay in Yogyakarta and for taking the time to share comment.
It is always pleasure to have positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I hope we have opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Pyrenees Jogja soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

First time being there, i was astonished! Not only the ethnic and unique design, the hotel is and will be a pleasant place to stay and sleep. The room is designed in such a way that once you're in bed, that's it! You'll travel to dreamland. And also it is just around the corner of the Malioboro street. The finest shopping district in Jogjakarta. Despite the 3 stars Pyrenees have, in my opinion the room is as though it is 4 stars hotel. It is worth staying there I guarantee you :)

• Stayed July 2012
Andi_Solo, General Manager at Pyrenees Jogja Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comment and feedback. We wish you a pleasant stay in Pyrenees Jogja Hotel.

Been to Pyrenees Jogja Hotel? Share your experiences!