“Satisfaction from the hotel service” 4 of 5 stars

Novotel Yogyakarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Jendral Sudirman 89, Yogyakarta 55223, Indonesia   |
Ranked #32 of 131 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Bangkok, Thailand
“Satisfaction from the hotel service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My stay was at Novotel Hotel was quiet short around 4 nights only, Within this short time, The hospitality & dedicated service from the hotel staff was commendable. I must appreciate the service of the hotel staff and would like to express my willingness to take Novotel Hotel experience in future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear afzalj_13,

thanks for taking the time and share your experience on tripadvisor.

We hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.
gm@novotelyogya.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bogor, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Service: we waited so long for xtra bed & had to call many times
1 day, the cleaning service did not give mineral water for xtra bed
buffet breakfast: everyday the menu almost the same. Only main course they changed the menu, for example: nasi gudeg, changed to nasi with different menu.
Salad, potato & sausage, variation of fried rice / noodles, soup, fruit, bread & cake, cereal, almost nothing changed,
For me, 3 nights here is enough. More than that, we must look for outside breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Helenbogor_Indonesia,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Yogyakarta. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Novotel Yogyakarta has one great asset, it's staff who are very willing to help and be accomodating which makes up for some of the minor drawbacks.

The rooms are satisfactorily appointed, though it is somewhat bemusing that instead of hotel pens, mechanical pencils and a small pad are the only stationary provided. The bathrooms are in need of a renovation if only to bring them up to date as things are just a little bit worn.

The buffet breakfast is a fine selection and the pastries and fruit are generally a good bet, the indonesian selection appears to be quite good as there is a strong amount of local custom. A take-away breakfast is available for those that need to leave early in the morning (which is common here due to tourists going to Borobudur or Prabahan), this which is generally satisfactory. Their latte is particularly good with a chocolate dipped cinnamon quill, just a pity I can't get one to go with my take-away breakfast.

Gym facilities are a nice suprise at this hotel and a good perk for a business traveller looking to maintain their fitness regime.

In my encounters with the staff they are friendly, accomodating and responsive sorting out problems quickly. Dinner service at the restaurant has improved and while the specials are enticing the menu staples are fine, if occasionally not executed exactly as per the menu.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear MEW2011,

thanks for your time sharing your experience in our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Novotel Yogyakarta and I will share your comments with my team as it is always encouring to all our staff.

We strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and I hope you will be visiting us again soon.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel was superb. The room is nice, the pool is really cozy. The staffs were very helpful and nice. I like the ambience at the lobby, it smells really great and also they play a Javanese music instrument so you can really feel the 'Yogyakarta' by only entering the hotel.

I heard that the spa here is quite good, but unfortunately I havent tried it. I stayed there for 3 nights, for business. Thank you Novotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Gemala C,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Yogyakarta. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Bogor, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

A friend and I stayed 3 nights at the Novotel Yogjakarta. The hotel was ideally located in the centre of town and the staff were exceptionally helpful in arranging transportation, drivers, places of interest and tips on how best to manage our time so that we could see and experience all Yogja has to offer. I can't say enough good things about the staff at this hotel. They were just so friendly, pleasant and helpful.
The breakfast buffet was an ideal and tasty way to start the day and the pool was a perfect place to stop after a busy day out. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet and whilst the bathrooms are fairly compact the only issue I had with them was the rather ineffective hair dryer.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay there again myself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Helen-Bogor,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

If you went to Yogyakarta for business trip, Novotel is the best way to save your time. This hotel is near to the airport and next to the hotel on the cross road, there is Gallery Mall that supply your daily needs. Clean room, nice bathroom, free wifi, quick room service for laundry, and yummy breakfast. I love Novotel...

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Gilbradi H,

thanks for taking the time to comment about your recent stay in our hotel. My team and I are always happy to ready that our guests are satisfied with the service we provided.

Melbourne,Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I booked 2 room and got 701 and 709.Only get 1 key and when I request another key,they declined it.
We were on our business trip.
When We open the 709 room inside still the guest only wear a towel ?!(what?)
We were horrified and exchange 709 key with 706.No apologise no comment what so ever.
Both room the aircon is hot air, we cant sleep because worried someone will enter our room,breakfast was bad in term condimen bubur ayam were not fresh,no cracker,towel and linen were outdated.we also was stuck in the elevator for 7 minutes.
Will we stay again?
No Never

• Stayed February 2013
Novotel_Yogyakarta, General Manager at Novotel Yogyakarta, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Tsa_RyszardMom,

I have investigated with my Managers concerned and found out that the Front Desk Agent has not followed our procedures which resulted in giving you the key of room 709 while in our computer system you were checked in into 707.

We are able to provide you with additional keys and I am again sorry that this was refused to you.

Please be ensured that we strive to provide excellent service to every guest and your feedback has helped us to improve ourselves. We are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Related to the incident with the elevator, I cannot find any report. Please contact me directly under gm@novotelyoga.com so I will be able to follow this up.

Jessica Uekermann

Been to Novotel Yogyakarta? Share your experiences!