Actually my mom is staying here for 2 weeks attending a seminar in this hotel also.
I love the interior, it's so modern.
The room is quite good with very soft bed and pillows, the wifi is free which is good, even though not that fast, quiet slow sometimes.
The bathroom is very simple, I was hoping there is a bathtub.
Newspaper coming every morning.
Swimming pool and gym are quiet small but the design is good.
The parking lot is not that big, there are 2 floors of basement parking, you will get a parking space, somehow.
Breakfast is good, with many varieties of food, even they have sushi, the taste is normal, not too delicious not too bad. Dinner (buffet) have less varieties than breakfast and the taste is also below breakfast.
1. At the first time, my mom asked for a room with single-king sized bed, but we given a room with two-small sized bed, our room doesn't have a hair dryer, and when my mom asked for one, it took like almost an hour to get one. It was in the morning and my mom is in hurry to attend the seminar, so it was quite inconvenient.
2. My mom asked to change the newspaper we get every morning from local Yogyakarta newspaper to Kompas, but it was not changed until the next 3 or 4 days.
3. The bed linen and blanket was not changed everyday, and toiletry was not given everyday until its empty.
4. Somehow, our room is not soundproof, so we can hear sound from outside or from room next to us, and it was a bit annoying when there is a baby crying from the room next to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the center of the town and one close steps to the main street of Yogyakarta which is well known for the central of the crowd in Yogyakarta, the prestigious Urip Sumoharjo District, assures you an easy access to airport, business district area, major tourists and cultural attractions, shopping and dining during your visit to this city with historical Royal Heritage. Grand Aston Yogyakarta offers you the great pleasure and service while staying in Yogyakarta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Aston Yogyakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Aston Yogyakarta Hotel Yogyakarta