“Good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 105 hotels in Yogyakarta
New Zealand
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights just recently and we enjoyed the cleanliness, friendliness and location of the hotel being right on one of the main streets of Yogyakarta. The breakfast had a good selection with combination of continental and local cuisines. Modern and new good sized bedrooms. The pool is only a lap pool but it's ok because we didn't stay very long there. The hotel staff there provided very good service and spoke English. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GrandAston_Yogya, Public Relation Coordinator at Grand Aston Yogyakarta, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Ruth,

On behalf of the entire team of Grand Aston Yogyakarta Hotel & Convention Center, I would like to express our sincere thanks for selecting our hotel for your recent stay. I trust that, it was a memorable one.
We are really appreciate for your compliments to our property. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Aston Yogyakarta Hotel & Convention Center, either for business or pleasure in the not too distant future.

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for four nights in this brand new hotel in Yogyakarta. Great hotel. Great lobby. Great smell in the lobby. In between the airport and the city centre. Comfortable beds. Modern room. Various breakfast options. But staffs need to be more attentive at breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Hario,

Your support is invaluable to us as are your comments on how we can improve our services.
We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Aston Yogyakarta Hotel & Convention Center, either for business or pleasure in the not too distant future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Grand Aston is a good opt if you're having a biz trip. It has a compact design, free wifi, and complete basic amenities that should provided by a hotel at its class, including iron+ironboard, umbrella, bathrobe, etc. Food and breakfast is also well present and tasty. The overall premises is very clean which is a high good plus and also full of aromatherapic scent.

However, theres several minus point during my last trip. It looks like they need more staff to handle guess arrival and departure. When I first arrive at 6pm, there's no one handling our suitcase. I have to unload all of our luggage by ourself. Even after I finished check in and already at room, it tooks another 15 minutes until we receive our luggage. Similar things happen during my check out, no one handle my checkout since the only staff is busy handling a reservation. But Kudos to Ms. Sari (I forgot her exact name actually) who take care our query promptly during checkin and checkout.

Another thing that I don't like, is how they arrange the mineral water at the minibar. They put two large mineral water which part of minibar near coffee maker and complimentary tea, while the complimentary water were put at the bathroom. They put a seal on every stuff for minibar and I felt like getting trapped by this method since minibar are charge 4 times retail price.

But overall it was a pleasant experience, and I consider this hotel my best 3 hotel for business in Yogyakarta.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Putra,

We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience about our Front Desk’s services. We have forwarded this matter through our Front Office Manager for his immediate action. We promise that it will not happen again in the future and we also review the working system in our Front Office Department

Once again, Please apologize us about the situation above and we are guaranteed that it will not be happened again in the future. we also hope that you will stay again with Grand Aston Yogyakarta Hotel & Convention in the not too distant future.

Thank you very much for your kindness attention and understanding.
Should you have any further information Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time convenient

Kind regards

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel with good facilities. It is located
away from the heart of Yogyakarta but has shopping facilities close by. The rear of the hotel has good views of Merapi volcano and of the city outskirts. The restaurants were good and were serviced by staff who put in a lot of effort. Overall it was a pleasant and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Furb71,

Thank you for your compliment to our services. We ensure that we are continusly improving our quality of service to give satisfaction guarantee for our guest.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at Grand Aston Yogyakarta.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love this hotel! Modern design, good bed, friendly, attentive & helpful staff, wide selection for breakfast!

Staff at the reception and the door boys are simply helpful and friendly. They speak good English, and very helpful at all times! During our stay, my bf was sick and had to stay in hotel for the whole day. They helped us bought some medicine for free! And that night we had to order food from our room, and headed out for the ballet show afterward, thinking we might simply call the room service to clean all the trays and dishes when we got back. but then when we were back and opened the door......Oh man, without any request, they cleaned up the WHOLE ROOM (not only the plates and trays, but the bed, bathroom...etc). Simply surprised with their good service! And Grand Aston Yogya cares a lot of their services and everything, someone from the hotel even called us to ask if we have any complaint during our stay!

With all the pros, i should have given a 5/5. But i realize the door / the connecting door (in between the rooms) does not block sound at all. For our 1st night, we had a room with a connecting door, with a super bad luck of having a very noisy family next door, it was the worst nightmare ever (Believe me, it's no joke). Thank god we switched room afterward!! Highly recommend people to request a room that DOES NOT have a connecting door, and maybe far from the lift as well.

*20 mins from Yogya airport, 45 mins from Prambanan Temple

Room Tip: Request room without connecting door in-between rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alexa,

Thank you for your compliment to our facilities and services. We ensure that we are continuously improving our quality of service to give satisfaction guarantee for our guest.

We do apologize for the inconvenience about the sound from the connecting room. Please apologize us about the situation above and we are guaranteed that it will not be happened again in the future. we also hope that you will stay again with Grand Aston Yogyakarta Hotel & Convention in the not too distant future.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Big hotels are difficult to rate because they have too many features, amenities that can affect one's experience. However, on the whole considering the location, the quality of the furnishing, the attention from the service staff, the rate I received, the meals in the restaurant - I'm hard pressed to give them less than an excellent.

It is a very modern hotel, less than a year old so you can imagine that it should at least be well kept, and slightly used. The decor in the hotel is a bit retro, like you'd see in hotels of the 60's/70's. The use of carpets in the hallways and part of the bedroom is a bit of let down, because I could see spots and stains. However, the guestroom is very immaculate, well serviced, very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom with plush towels. Just enough amenities for one's needs. I found it very functional, efficient to stay in, and most of all, in my 3 night/4 day stay, I found the staff to be warm and friendly.

Since it was Christmas week it was quite busy with families and kids. (I thought it is un-pc to celebrate Christmas in Indonesia, but I was wrong). Breakfast buffet was great with Chinese and Indonesian food, and western breakfasts. Restaurant serves western and Indonesian food at other times. My gado-gado was pretty hefty.

The location is on the main drag in Jogja - go one end you'll hit Marlioboro, the other way the airport and Prambanan (if I can recall correctly.) There's also the Galeria Mall a block away. There's not much more to say than I had a fantastic stay and made my visit to Jogja very pleasant inspite of its oh, humid weather. I booked through booking.com, around USD 90.00 per night including breakfast.

Room Tip: Floor to ceiling windows unfrosted. Remember when you're getting dressed or undressed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Aston for three nights while visiting Borobudur and Prambanan. It is located a (long) block from the Novotel and near the Kotabaru historical area but not easily walkable to the sultan's palace or historic city center. The hotel is fresh and modern and the breakfast features a lot of local specialties. However the hotel is clearly aiming for business clientele and might be off-putting for people interested in a hotel with more local charm and individual service.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have a view of Mount Merapi and avoid street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Aston Yogyakarta? Share your experiences!