“Nice Hotel, Simple and Stylish” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Yogyakarta

You added Ibis Styles Yogyakarta to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Yogyakarta
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Dagen 109, Yogyakarta 55271, Indonesia (Formerly All Seasons)   |
Special Offer
Win Samsung Galaxy S5 now
Ranked #12 of 121 Hotels in Yogyakarta
Surabaya, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
“Nice Hotel, Simple and Stylish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent 4 days 3 nights in this hotel. Check in was fast. The reception staff and bell boy were friendly. I was put in a non-smoking room as I requested, however, the room and the linen still smell as a smoking room.

The shower and the bathroom was nice. The glass partition to the dry part of the bathroom is too short, so the water from the shower would splash and spill to the dry part, especially under the sink and the toilet.

My sleeping quality was good at this hotel, however, the linen was too fit and tends to be too less than the size of the mattress, so it easily uncovered the mattress if I moved my body while I was sleeping.

Breakfast taste was okay, there were not too many choices. Since there was not an egg cooking station, I have to requested it to the cafeteria staff for an omelette.

Overall, there are several things this hotel should improve to get better, and worth the price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as high as 5th floor, because above of that it'll be noisy from the music of t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ibis Styles Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Kerry M,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta. I do note some points that you have reviewed during your stay with us. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. At Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Thank you once again for your comment, Look forward to personally welcoming you again in your next stay with us.

Roni Martadinata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was at a nice location, 10 minute walk from the main street for shopping and restaurants. Staff were always trying to help and the buffet breakfast had a very good selection. Rooftop swimming pool was a treat and they even gave us a complimentary night at the Jakarta hotel because of an appreciation reward, for no reason - even though we had no use for it. Rooms were spacious, but we had quite a few ants crawling around and the floors could have been swept more thoroughly. But that aside, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
ibis Styles Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear silverxterra s,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Styles as your accommodation during your recent stay in Yogyakarta.

I am very pleased to read that overall you are highly impressed with the quality of stay at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, especially our nice location, our helpful staff, and our very good buffer breakfast as well.
We will note some points from you especially about ants and floor, and hoping you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked 2 rooms through hotelclub.com and stayed there for 3 nights. I requested a non smoking room at the time of booking and phoned the hotel immediately to ensure this. The receptionist (Mr Farikin) had confirmed this was available. However, on the first night, we were given a smoking room (which had been "cleared" - they said they used some kind of air purifier and air freshener so I don't smell the smoke smell) however, the smell was still quite strong at that time, and I found an ashtray in the room. At that time, they said all rooms are fully booked, no chance of changing room. Therefore 1 of the room was then re-treated again to eliminate the odour while we moved all the bags out of the room to the other room (Hassle number 1)

When we came back from our dinner, the room that had been re-treated, we realised that there was a lot of ants on the wall to the ceiling, on the bedside table and on the phone. My brother's skin was red, itchy and swollen because of the ants bites. (hassle number 2). Then they moved my brother to another room (which was told "unavailable")

At 3am, I was awaken by strong cigarette smell coming into my room. I could not sleep for the next 2 hours. I reported this to the receptionist, they then asked me to pack up my bags as they will move me to another floor as 5th floor is actually a smoking floor. They said: 5th floor is actually a non smoking floor, but if the guests want to smoke, it's OK. I was shocked, can't believe what I just heard. By the time I came back that evening, I was moved to the 3rd floor. I thought everything was ok finally. However, my room smell strong chemical. Upon checking with the room service staff, apparently, that room was treated with rentokill prior me moving in. He then set up some kind of air purifier which made me sick (nausea and dizzy) being inside the room while it's on. I had to stay in my brother's room until 9pm to wait till my room is 'neutralised" and sprayed with air freshener. Hassle number 3.

Overal, I admit that the customer service level of this hotel is better than 5 star hotel. They are polite, quick to respond on every time, despite the bad experience.

The thing I love about this hotel is:
1. the breakfast menu CHICKEN PORRIDGE (Bubur ayam).
2. distance from the Malioboro (so close)
3. Parking area infront of the hotel makes it easy for drop on and off.
4. Reasonable price
5. Amazing staffs.

Room Tip: Floor 2-4 are non smoking rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ibis Styles Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear MiaSydney,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta. I do note some points that you have reviewed during your stay with us. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the hassles and inconvenient . At Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Was at ibis style for a 2 night stay and all I can say is I love the hotel.. the service staffs were really friendly and we really love the refreshing concept of the hotel.. unfortunately during our second day stay, as our hotel room door was faulty, the housekeeping did not close the door properly and we went back to our room shocked as the door was not locked.. thank god our items were still in place. But what I really love is how the hotel did the service recovery.. the front officd manager really sat down to listen to our feedback.. after which, the housekeeping staff came to confess that it was his fault and was sincerely apologetic. We are very touched by the staff sincerity and in consideration that it was also partially due to the door being faulty, we didnt pursue further. The hotel room is awesome, every single staff frm housekeeping, front desk, f&b to security were all very smiley and friendly. Kudos to the management team of ibis style to keep that team spirit up. Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Yiwen87,

I am very pleased to read that overall you are highly impressed with the quality of our staff. However, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience regarding the door that did not close properly. . At Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stay on this hotel for 1 night.
I find the room is good, clean and neat.

the facility as well as the service also good.
breakfast can be take away if you got no time to eat it. just request from the receptionist when you check in. we did that because our flight back is too early.

this hotel is at junction of dagen road..from map you can see this hotel is quite nearby to the famous malioboro road, nevertheless, when you walk it is quite a distance.. maybe like say 5 mins. depends on how fast you walk. ahahahah..

after all, worth the stay at this hotel. yet to try the pool. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jumianto,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your nice feedback regarding your stay with us. I’m happy to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, especially our clean room, and our breakfast box service.
Your kind words have been passed on to our team who made your stay a very nice holiday moments and time. This will certainly motivated them to keep up the good work.

All of us at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta are looking forward to have you back again with us.

Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My stay at the hotel was quite a satisfying experience. The hotel is located pretty much at the heart of the city where Malioboro could be reached by 10 to 15-mins walk. It also only took 15 mins to reach the Tugu Railway Station by becak. I surely would recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay at Yogyakarta but without 'raping' your wallet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Jessicassandra,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Ibis Styles during your recent visit to Yogyakarta and for sharing your appreciation with us.
We are delighted to learn that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Ibis Styles Yogyakarta.

Yogyakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice hotel...good service...friendly staff...good location (near malioboro and beringharjo market) ...nice pool (up floor nice view) ...clean...modern design...Recommendation hotel to stay at jogjakarta...I will be back again next trip

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

ibis Styles Y, General Manager at Ibis Styles Yogyakarta, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear HARRY F,

Thank you for sending us the nice feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I’m happy to know that you enjoy and satisfied with our product and service, especially our good service, our friendly staff, and our nice pool as well.

Thank you once again for your nice comment and I will gladly share it to all the team and this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Roni Martadinata

Been to Ibis Styles Yogyakarta? Share your experiences!