I am a regular visitor to Jogjakarta, and a frequent traveller on accor brands. This is my first experience of ibis styles. My comments on this hotel are as follows
The OK bits
a) Location is good. Taxi comes quite fast after requesting it from the reception
b) Check in and out is fast and hotel staff is ever ready to assist you with a smile
d) Food quality is OK. Buffet breakfast has a good spread. Tried the ala-carte nasi goreng which is good, the club sandwich which is so-so. and the mee goreng which is not so good.
e) The skybar is great. Good music,
f) The massage is so-so
g) Sleep quality is ok.
The not so OK bits
a) Being an interior designer the design is a bit too much. A bit like a nursery for kids.
b) In trying to be too funky, many of the design detailing wore off easily on heavy usage, for eg
- The chair in the room uses fabric that stains easily (should use 3M protection, so that you can wash it). In my room the chair was full of stains.
- A square shower head does not work, because the sharp edges of a square shower will cause the water pressure not to be equally distributed. As a result you get leakages, or random 'shooters'. Mine went to the plaster ceiling, and it was mossy and damp the whole stay and not to mention a wet bathroom floor. Suggest to stick to round shower heads.
- The mosaic finish on the shower walls, is mossy at the joints. This is not a design issue, but a maintenance issue.
- There are 2 layers of black out roller blinds. There should be one 'shear' and one 'black-out'. In room 309, the blinds have to be fully drawn, because the building across the street can see you. If you have shear blinds, it will provide modesty and sunlight.
- There is not enough ceiling lights. There is only one pendant light, near the window. If you want to work on the table at night, it is too dark. Too bad because the table is ample. Maybe you should provide a table lamp.
- The radio clock comes with a speaker where you can fix to your phone. It did not work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ibis Styles Yogyakarta(previously All Seasons) offers 112 rooms that consist of 97 Superior rooms, 12 Superior rooms with bath up, and 3 Family rooms. Our rooms are simplified with a touch of chic style, spirit of modern minimalist deco with futuristic accents, and the contentment of relaxation and leisure. Check into our Superior rooms that spring the coziness and comfort with wifi internet access free, 32 inch flat LCD TV with cable channels, iPod dock, safe deposit box, coffee and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Styles Yogyakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- All Seasons Yogyakarta Hotel Yogyakarta