“The Best Steakhouse Restaurant in Jakarta” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #302 of 5,932 Restaurants in Jakarta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The Best Steakhouse Restaurant in Jakarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I dined at Rustique Plaza Senayan frequently. The restaurant is quite elegant and easily reached. My favourites menu are: Sirloin Steak, Tenderloin Steak and Seabas.

Visited June 2014

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Ambience and the best Caesar Salad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have been to Rustique twice. We knew coming in that the food will be very expensive from looking up the menu beforehand in the internet. We didn't order steak ( way too expensive), the food we ate both times was just average, I think not worth the price you'll be paying except for their super yummy Caesar salad! We had it both times and it didn't disappoint- generous serving, delicious yet very light dressing, fresh greens, generous amount of grilled chicken and bacon, fresh Parmesan cheese, poached egg cooked just right- perfect! The ambience was lovely and the service competent. Ideal for romantic dates if you are willing to pay premium price for such ambience. I will be coming back for the Caesar salad.....

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“the Chocolate Brioche is to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I'm gonna say it again, you should try the Chocolate Brioche desert. It a dessert to die for! I don't really like sweet stuff a lot, but my first bite at the dish is totally unforgetable!
Other than that, it's all pretty good. Rustique was once my favorite fine dining place, cos almost all the menu is great, and server with extra attention to details. My other favorites here is the Roasted Lamb rack (with Morrocan spices) and the Caesar Salad.

One thing though, you might not want to try the King Praws. I once order that one with a high expectations, but it turns out to be just a couple of not-so-big prawn, with rice. (although the presentation is amazing).

Will be there again someday, for sure!

Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Average Steak House”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Came specially with high anticipation to try its famous dry aged rib-eye steak. The famous dry aged steak did not impressed as the flavor had no Wow and the meat quality was average. Other dishes like foie gras and tuna caprichiosa was also pretty average as the material used was average grade. Service and ambient was acceptable. The attraction of this restaurant is in its price. The 500gram dry aged rib-eye was USD43 and a bottle of 2006 Allegrini La Grola red wine was priced at USD55. Reasonable compared to its peers. Come to Rustique for its good value, acceptable food and service standard.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
bangkok
“dont complain before you get the food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

3rd visit here..
3rd attempt to order the 700g rib eye steak..
3rd fail..

1st visit - saw menu outside, nice 700g steak on the menu, we ordered but they don't have. Ok, so change to quesadillas they also don't have, hmm ok so change to hamburger but also don't have.. (what restaurant doesn't have ground beef??) ok, so we leave..

2nd visit - come back, order 700g steak, sorry don't have.. only have 1 500g steak. We're too hungry to go anywhere so let's eat.. Unfortunately steak is very nice..

3rd visit - I'm prepared this time.. called restaurant at 18.. order 2 700g steaks, we book for 2030. I ask the girl pls check if you have big steak, pls make sure, if not pls go and buy it quick or call me.. i leave phone nr.

Arrived.. order 2 700g steak, sorry don't have. Only have 1 500g.

Owner "isn't there", chef "doesn't answer his phone", Manager doesn't offer a solution.. sir I have wagyu. steak for 3x the price.. great so give it to me for the normal price (we don't believe in branding) and tell your Chef sorry we lost money today but customer is happy, pls change buying policy tomorrow.. Haha sorry cannot sir..

Unfortunately they make a good steak so we really want to eat here.. but service is poor and the owner doesn't care about making customers happy.. just care about getting the right margin per gram of steak..

We ended up ordering the last remaining 500g steak + 2 of the 200gram ribeye's.. as we were waiting for the food, we were joking that they'll probably sneeze in the food or something like that.. and even as we were having dinner we kept joking - look at that guy in the kitchen, he's the one that added something to the sauce (which did taste slightly off).

result: next 2 days - in bed with running stomach.

• Visited October 2013