I stayed in Somerset Grand Citra for 5 days at the beginning of the month.
The place is badly in need of renovation, and the breakfast is one of the worst I have seen (somehow it reminds me of the YWCA in Bombay!)
The price quoted and confirmed was 110 US$ per night. When I went to pay I was told credit card payment should be in Indonesian Rupiahs. No problem, I have an Indonesian card.
But then I realized that the amount debited was high. I was told that the Somerset rate was 9.900 INR / $. When you know that the real exchange rate is 9.200 INR / $, it just means that they are in fact charging about 8 % more that the agreed price. Easy!
Last but not least, without telling me I was debited in my credit card upon check-in of an amount higher than the total bill. This was not cancelled when I settled my bill. As of now, the problem is not solve, so I have been debited for approximately 1.250 $ when the real cost as agreed should have been 550 $
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somerset Grand Citra is located in Central Business District and conveniently close to the Convention Center, Embassies, Shopping Centres, and a wide variety of dining and entertainment. Ideal corporate housing for business travel, project assignment and relocation. A welcome and refreshing alternative to the hotel, Somerset Grand Citra offers the opportunity to enjoy the dynamic city life while living in the spacious comfort of a private residential apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Somerset Grand Citra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Grand Citra Hotel Jakarta
- Somerset Grand Citra Jakarta