I stayed in a two-bedroom deluxe apartment in September 2011 for eight nights. I was initially apprehensive due to the negative reviews that I read here. I am glad to say that my experience was very different to the negative reviews, and that this would be my hotel of choice when I return to Jakarta.
The apartment was very big and spacious. The kitchen was fully equipped with appliances, cooking pots and utensils, crockery and cutlery, all maintained to a good standard. The integrated clothes washer and drier was very useful. The hotel provided dishwashing liquid and laundry detergent. There was a maid's room with a separate bathroom. In fact, the two-bedroom apartment had three functional bathrooms. The dining room, lounge room, flat screen TV and TV in the master bedroom made the apartment comfortable.
The gym was quite impressive, with a cardio room on the ground floor and a weights room and sauna on the first floor. The hotel has two tennis courts and an attractive pool. Exercise classes are conducted every morning in an aerobics room.
The apartment was serviced every day, and my only problem was that the air conditioner in the second bedroom did not work. The staff repaired this promptly when I alerted them to the problem. I found that using the telephone to ask for help was not as effective as visiting staff at the reception desk.
All of the staff in the hotel demonstrated a high standard of service, and most could communicate in English. The temperature in the breakfast room was quite warm, however the breakfast buffet provided a reasonable range of choices from hot food, to continental breakfast choices, salad, fruits and juices.
The location is not ideal at present, with major road construction hampering road traffic in front of the hotel, and noisy construction of three multi-storey towers next door to the hotel. Despite these limitations, I appreciated the convenience of the two shopping malls across the street and the small shop in the hotel lobby.
Overall I rate this hotel and good value for money, with impressive staff and impressive apartment and hotel facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Somerset Grand Citra is located in Central Business District and conveniently close to the Convention Center, Embassies, Shopping Centres, and a wide variety of dining and entertainment. Ideal corporate housing for business travel, project assignment and relocation. A welcome and refreshing alternative to the hotel, Somerset Grand Citra offers the opportunity to enjoy the dynamic city life while living in the spacious comfort of a private residential apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Somerset Grand Citra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Grand Citra Hotel Jakarta
- Somerset Grand Citra Jakarta