“Great location, good value & 24 hour room service is a plus” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta

You added Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta to your Saves list
Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kemang Raya No.7 | Jakarta Selatan, Jakarta 12730, Indonesia   |
Ranked #103 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta
“Great location, good value & 24 hour room service is a plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at Arion Swiss-Belhotel on a recommendation from a friend who also traveled with me to Jakarta although I further went on to Bali by myself and that's a different story.
Reason for selecting this hotel was its excellent location in Kemang being close to Beer Garden and also many other bars.
The 24 hour room service came in as a plus because I was out late night on most of the nights, as one of the other members said, the service is prompt and even the staff is always smiling.
I do see that some members complain about linens being dirty but I should say that my linens and towels were spotless and no such issues at all so it is a bit surprising to see such a stark contrast.
I booked through a local travel agent and was offered $90 per night rate for the Junior Suite including free Breakfast and Wi-fi.
One more good are the 32 inch flat screen tvs.
I even enjoyed the swimming pool (although small but nicely appointed) with my companions who I met in the Beer Garden.
I was able to get up in time on one morning and I really enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
One one of the mornings I had a buncha noisy teenagers running around my floor and the staff took care of it swiftly for which I would like to thank them or else I wouldn't be able to get a peaceful sleep.

Room Tip: Book through local travel agents in Jakarta to get a good rate.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I agree with many posts, this is not 4 star by any means. If it were a true 4 Star I would only have given it a 1 out of 5 rating. The hotel is doing itself and it's clients a disservice by exaggerating this fact so deserves some of the bad comments on trip adviser because of the clients expectation of something much better.

However the excellent rates I got through Trip Adviser made it obvious to me that this could not be a 4 star so I was prepared

Location is very good. Staff excellent. Room size a bit small but OK. Bathroom clean but getting slightly moldy, it's Asia! It wasn't dirty at all!

Linen was old but certainly not dirty. However no matter how generous I am being with this posting there is no need in this day and age for a Hotel to have towels as old and discolored as those found here. It indicates to me that the hotel is not investing in itself so only further droop in quality can be expected.

The rooms were clean but they are old and slightly musty.

Would I stay here again...it would be my first choice but if there was nothing else in the area absolutely.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the Hotel as they are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
kerala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Wow! what a drop in quality! The rooms are old, tiles cracked, linen dingy, room cleaning awful the bed had a borken spring and the service! oh my gosh! Twice I sent out three pieces of laundry with the same instruction for all pieces, had the instructions followed for some and not the others. I went up to swim and was told I could call housekeeping if I wanted a towel. No one is there when the dining room opens for service - the meal all set out and then no staff until about 45 minutes later!

No idea what has happened - I have stayed here several times and yes, the service has been getting worse, but boy! this is pretty much the bottom!!

Room Tip: high floor and facing out. The rooms that face into the courtyard are dreadful. Ask for the room fac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in Oct-12. Room wise it is reasonably clean, although the bathroom looks quite old. Internet connection in the room is good and there are wide choice of TV channels. Service is very good, especially from the concierge, Rangga. A bit noisy in the morning since it is facing the main busy which is very busy road.Food selection for breakfast needs to be improved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed for one night and was relieved I'm afraid - the staff were all lovely, friendly and helpful, but the bed linen was stained, severly crumpled, old and fraying. The white towels were grey and those supplied at the pool smelt of mould.
It was impossible to get internet in common areas, in the room with special password or ethernet.
Sorry, but there's no way I could recommend this hotel until it is refurbished and new linen/towels purchased!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Ring the room service and they were able to answer my calls quickly and in less than 15 minutes they ring my door to deliver my requests. Ordering food late at night and they serve it promptly. Room was comfortable and it's located right in the heart of Kemang. Easy access to many bars, restaurants and public places.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear reviewer,

Greetings from Arion Swiss-belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

We thank you very much for your recent visit to us and thank you very much for your comments, we are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us and found our hotel to your liking.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel and please contact me directly for your future reservation with us to my e-mail address ; gmsbak@swiss-belhotel.com

Sincerely yours,

Erich Hirawan
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is quite ok. The room is good, the shower is just so so. The internet is good, the TV and choices of channels is ok. The breakfast is good, room service not cheap, but good. The service / friendliness is good, the gym is terrible. The roof terrace with swimming pool is good. The bed is good. Also the location for Kemang, bar area, is very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMSBAK, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Arion Swiss-belhotel Kemang, Jakarta.

First of all first accept our sincere apology on our gym condition, therefore you are unable to utilised our facilities due to some defect on some of our equipment. Rest assure that we are looking into the replacement on all cardio equipment and recondition our gym facility as soon as possible. As this has been on our renovation project together with the up-grade of our Spa facilities.

We would like to thank you for your comments on our service and facilities beside the gym and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel and we will keep our guest informed on the progress of our gym renovation project which will be start taking place by next month.

Sincerely yours,

Erich Hirawan

Been to Arion Swiss-Belhotel Kemang Jakarta? Share your experiences!