“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ascott Jakarta

You added Ascott Jakarta to your Saves list
Ascott Jakarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Kebon Kacang Raya No. 2, Jakarta 10230, Indonesia   |
Ranked #9 of 338 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is our first experience for me and my friends to stay at Ascott Jakarta. Since the first time we arrive at our room, we amazed with the modern interior design and the cozy feeling arround us. The size of each bed room and the living room plus the kitchen are so spacious that it is more than enough for our big numbers of group, 9 persons plus our luggage. Besides the room design and comfort, the service of the hotel staff is also very excellent, from the security guard at the gate, the bell boys, and the front officers. If you are not a local Jakarta like me, this hotel is located in the heart of business and shopping area in Central Jakarta. Right in front of the hotel is Grand Indonesia, the big big shopping mall with complete choice of everything you need, and acroos this mall is Plaza Indonesia, the most luxurious shopping mall in Jakarta.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Bandar Seri Begawan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

Perfect place for a family trip. Decided to go for the two bedroom apartment and we were amazed with the quality of the room with all the equipment provided. Excellent services and security. Convenient location across the Grand Indonesia shopping mall. Definitely will return to this place! Thank you Ascott!

Stayed December 2014
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

My 5 night stay at the property was nothing less than wonderful. I was impressed by the efficiency and readiness of the team during check-in. They had everything in order, including the assignment of rooms for the delegates I was travelling with. I was very pleased with my studio apartment that had more than everything I needed for my stay, including a fully-equipped kitchen and a washer/dryer. Breakfast menu was different everyday - I didn't know what to expect every morning and that was exciting to me, especially when the food served was pretty good.

My room was on the 18th floor and given how well the lifts worked (clearly, some thoughtful planning and programming was in place), I never had to wait more than a minute for a lift even during peak usage time, such as the mornings. While I didn't have the time and chance to use the swimming pool and the gym, they looked good and well-equipped. Maybe next time.

The location of the hotel is superb, with 3 malls within walking distance - Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia and Thamrin City (TC is good for batik shopping but you must know how to bargain and be prepared for a bit of confusion while in there). Without macet, you can just about get anywhere within Central Jakarta in 10 - 20 minutes. However, because of its location (near Bundaran HI), there is a chance of demonstrations going on and thereby affecting travelling to and from the hotel when that happens.

Otherwise, this is a great place to stay in while in Jakarta and I know it will be my choice the next time I am in The Big Durian.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

strategic locations and friendly staff. but the only downside will be the studio room has only bathtub with hand shower which is not very appropriate, I would expect a separate shower area from the bath tub.
Recommended for business traveller and families vacation.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2014

Location is superb! 5 mins walk Grand Indonesia and Thamrin City.
A short drive to Tanah Abang for all your textile needs.
Sederhana Nasi Padang store is just opposite the hotel for ur try on delicious & spicy padang food.
Hotel`s staff is helpful and nice!
Stayed in the 3 bedroom apartment which is simply superb! No complaints.
During the 2nd night our room lights was faulty. The hotel technician came within 10 mins after we called to fix the problem.
Wifi in the Bedroom was not that strong but it`s okay.

Would definately come back here for my next Jakarta Trip :)

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I have been staying here fr the last 10 months along with my husband and it's longer a hotel for me. It's really a home away from home.

The apartments have been recently renovated and the swanky new interiors give you the most sophisticated ultra modern feel. the space is huge and it's a real luxury.

The breakfast buffet is sumptuous and they have included one vegetarian recipe everyday. The service staff is exceptionally polite and will adhere to all your requests. If sometimes they slip, it's probably a language issue and certainly not a willingness problem.

The entire hotel staff is remarkable and professional.

Location is excellent and you will feel welcomed here , always!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

Stayed for 3D/2N for Halloween with my twin kids and enjoyed it very much.

We came in the late afternoon and directly checked in at Ascott.
The hotel is located at Kebon Kacang which is just a 3 mins walk to Grand Indonesia (no need to cross a bridge because the mall is just next to the hotel and there is a shortcut to enter the mall from the hotel through the parking lot), and an 8 mins walk to Plaza Indonesia (this one is at the opposite of the road so you need to cross the street which could be a bit crowded with cars during peak hour). It is also very close distance to some touristy places like the National Museum, National Monument, etc. It's only a 10 mins ride by taxi to Pacific Place mall where Kidzania is (a place where kids would certainly enjoy their time in)

We booked the hotel under KrisFlyer member club rate so we got some items complimentary and a confirmed late check out too.
Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff. We were given some refreshing welcome drinks. And the front office staff accommodated our request for the highest floor room.
As we entered our room, we instantly smiled. We got so excited that not only the room is big, but it was clean and smelt very nice.
The room got full set of kitchen set including the modern stove, washing machine and also a water dispenser so you don't have to buy your bottle of water.

This was actually our first time staying at a 5 star serviced apartment / residence. So seeing that we got all those equipment in our room made us feel like home.

We always stayed at hotels as we would get the complete experience of various services during holidays.
But with Ascott Residence, we are looking forward to come back already!

So, back to the details of the hotel / room.
The room comes with a living area where you could cozily rest on the comfy couch while watching TV while looking at your kids playing with your laptop just next to you, at the working desk, haha..
The bath area is of marbled floor. The bathtub is deep, the water runs strong, and you could move around the shower head (for ladies who prefer to not get their hair wet while taking shower).
The bath amenities are my fav. L'occitane products with great scent I loved.

Enough with the room, we went down to the swimming pool that is surrounded by man-made little garden. The kids enjoyed it there while I got to use the sauna after a few work out at the gym in the hotel.

We mostly had our lunches and dinners at the mall because we would go shopping around and wouldn't be back till late.. But that day before we checked out, we tried the room service and ordered lasagna for the kids and BBQ rib for me.
Decent food. And the waiter who delivered them to our room was very helpful and friendly.

During check out, the front desk had already booked and called our taxi. So check out went smooth.

Overall stay: 2 thumbs up, and will definitely return and recommend.

Room Tip: Choose rooms located at the highest / top floor with city view!