I stayed in Ascott Jakarta for a business trip. Normally I never stay in any other hotels in Jakarta other then Mulia Senayan (the best) and Gren Melia (good), but this time these hotels were fully sold, so had to look for alternatives.
Regarding Ascott, let me start with positives:
- Location is good, just besides Grand Indonesia
- Apartment size is good and you can maintain your own kitchen
Negatives (sorry for the long list):
- Room tariff was USD 165 per night, not worth the hotel in general.
- Still under renovation. You will find workers in the hotel even at 8 PM.
- The room smells of paint and humidity.
- The beds are not comfortable.
- There is no bar in the hotel.
- The swimming pool is so small that I wonder if can be called a pool.
- The restaurant food is so pathetic (the chicken burger I ordered was not made of fresh meat). The service is very slow, it took them 45 minutes to prepare a burger.
- The breakfast variety is minimal.
- The restaurant closes at 10 PM. No option of food or snacks after that.
- There is a mini mart but even that closes at 10 PM.
- The staff service is very slow.
- No active taxi service in the hotel. It can be really a challenge if you wait for 20 mins for a taxi before your meeting.
- During checkout, the staff noted my credit card details including the CVV number. On questioning, they told that they won't misuse it. Ultimately, I forced them to scribble off the CVV number. Haven't experienced it in any hotel.
Avoid this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ascott Jakarta is located in exclusive retreat, in the heart of the city’s business and shopping district: (Plaza Indonesia Shopping complex, Grand Indonesia Shopping Complex, Jakarta City Center Shopping Mall), Embassies and a wide variety of dining and entertainment, It meets your every need, the services and facilities are luxurious, extensive and personalized. You can indulge in the exclusive lifestyle of Ascott Jakarta while enjoying the energy of this dynamic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ascott Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascott Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Ascott Hotel Jakarta