“Most recommended hotel at Jakarta!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square

You added Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square to your Saves list
Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Gunung Sahari Raya No. 1, Jakarta 14420, Indonesia   |
Ranked #54 of 345 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta
“Most recommended hotel at Jakarta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My first experience on staying at Novotel Hotels. And look what I've got, nice and clean room, good service from reservation until I get into my room, free wi-fi. The location is also good, since near shopping centre, only the heavy traffic is the matter, makes you hard to move. Cabs are ready any time. Easy to find foods, and also the price is meet up my expectation. Thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Munchi K,

Thank you for your generous review toward Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

It is a pleasure to have you staying with us and that you have a memorable moment with Novotel. I very much appreciate your compliments to the hotel and also for recommending us to fellow travellers! I believe your review will encourage other travellers to be more confident with our services, as well as motivate the staffs to always provide a heartfelt service.

I look forward to welcome you back at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square soon!

Vincent Wybier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Good choice to stay this hotel with strategic location, easy to shopping with your family.
A great room with a cozy atmosphere. Bathrooms are clean but would be better if there is a bathtub in the bathroom. In the room would be great if there were flowers in vases that add a cozy and fresh

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear rusdan_f_nasution,

Thank you for staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square and sharing your recent experience with us and fellow travellers!

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, especially the room! There are bathrooms with bathtub available in certain room types, you may check the detail of each room in Accorhotels websites or our Reservation Agent also will be happy to assist you upon booking. I have taken note regarding the flower in room which I will discuss further with the team to upkeep with your expectation.

I look forward to have you stay back again with us soon!

Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The location is great since it is in the same building with "Mangga dua Square" where the food is easily found. However, it is not the best part of the city.

The children will be excited with the large size-pool.

The room is clean and spacious. They upgrade my room into the deluxe-premier w/o charging additional cost

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear roedi_yanto,

Thank you for reviewing Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square on TripAdvisor!

I very much appreciate your feedback and it is exciting also to know that you and the children thoroughly enjoyed the stay in our hotel. As a Novotel&Family commitment, we are soon going to have kids club too near the pool. I hope your kids will love it!

I look forward to welcome you and the family back soon at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

First trip to Jakarta, so had to play safe and stayed at a Novotel which is usually located near amenities.

This time round, it was also the same case, the hotel is right next to a mangga dua square, and some smaller ones nearby

Due to traffic, I hardly go out of this area, manage to spend 4 days just around this location

Will try anothe Novotel in my next trip to see where they are located and offering what amenities

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Accorhotels.com traveler,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! I hope you had a good time exploring the city while staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

The traffic in Jakarta is considerably heavy but as you mentioned, the location of the hotel is really unique. Strategically located in the Mangga Dua shopping area, the hotel is also near to Ancol Dreamland – Indonesia’s largest recreational facilities – with the speed boat pier to Pulau Seribu (Thousand Island) and to the historical site of Old Batavia area. Did you have the opportunity to explore them all?

I really appreciate your feedbacks and I hope that your experience will motivate fellow travelers to visit us.

Should you have planned to back to the city, I would be glad to welcome and personally assist you at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square again!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Everything was perfect at this hotel . Location was great. Price was a bit high during my period of stay. Staff was polite and helpful but the hotel wifi connection was too slow and unacceptable. I could not get work done properly with the slow internet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Dear hedgetech,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to review Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square on TripAdvisor!

It has always been a pleasure to have our Guest enjoys all the features Novotel has to offer. However, I do apologize for falling short on the Wifi connection. We have upgraded our standard speed on Wifi and should there is any issue encountered, our staff will be more than happy to help you at the moment you mentioned it.

Should you be able to provide your room number detail, it will help us to look into this matter further and I could take care of your room personally on your next stay with us.

Thank you for your feedbacks and I look forward to welcome you back at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square once you visit the city again!

Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

stay at Novotel Mangga dua is best choice for family, it is clean and good location to go shopping or just having fun with family..the safety is good too, only guest of the hotel can enter the rooms area, and the breakfast is nice with many variation..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Dear flora185,

Thank you for your nice review of Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

I am glad to learn that you had a good time with the family while staying at our hotel. It is our mission to have our Guests enjoy the stay with us, and thus we will always strive to serve our Guests even better.

I hope we will always be your best choice hotel and I look forward to welcome you with the whole family again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have used this hotel many times and rate them amongst the best in Asisa for business men, The rooms are well appointed, the staff friendly, the location good for my purposes – especially when proximity to the airport is important.
However, I would never use “easytobook.com” ever again. Their site crashed without confirmation of my booking while verifying my credit card and it was 24 hours before they responded. I did not have that time available to me to plan my trip and had to book again directly with the hotel to ensure my reservation (The site showed only one room available). Easytobook.com refused to recognise the fault was on their part when I requested they cancel the booking made with them if it had been processed. (I had no way of knowing) They simply said my booking could not be cancelled. Fortunately the Novotel were much more professional and agreed to cancel the booking I had made directly with them while waiting for Easytobook.com response. Easytobook.com have not only lost a very frequent traveller as a customer but they can be assured I will spread the word of their actions. I was not impressed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Walter C,

Thank you for your review and the time you took to share it on TripAdvisor!

It’s always been my pleasure to have you stay with us at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square. I am delighted to know that we still can meet up with your expectations during your business trips to Jakarta. Surely, your compliment toward our hotel – especially the hospitality of our staff and reservation team will be our motivation to always provide a heartfelt service.

I feel sorry to hear the experience you had with your booking before and thankfully we still could took care of it for you smoothly. I would be grateful to be able to assist you personally with your booking upon your next trip to Jakarta!

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

Kinds regards,

Vincent.Wybier@accor.com

Been to Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square? Share your experiences!