“Great service hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin

You added Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Tanjung Karang No. 1, Jakarta 10230, Indonesia (Tanah Abang)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #34 of 331 Hotels in Jakarta
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great service hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel and the service was excellent, free internet, confy bed and buffet breakfast, even at 3 AM. Got me a well priced taxi. Hotel is about an hour from airport but so is the rest of the hotes there.

Be careful when you are looking for a taxi at the airport, they have several company and they both overcharge by a lot, try to have the hotel get you a taxi from the airport. Unless in the future they provide that service @ charge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Ari S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Wolrdroomer,

Thank your for your great review, we are happy that you love our services, comfy bed, and our free express start breakfast. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Stay Smart.!

Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here in July 2014 for 3 nights, Hotel is clean with good design.
Staff are so nice and helpful even helped me to make the toast. Lovely!
Location is convenient and taxi came so quick after calling by the reception.
It is so good that Wifi is everywhere inside the hotel with one Login password.
Happy to stay again, it made this trip so smooth.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ari S, Manajer Umum at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Ryan_Kwok,

Great to know that you enjoy our services at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, sure I will share your feedback with all the team members, at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin we always try to improve our service to meet with our guests standards.

Looking forward to serve you soon at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin.

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was looking for something less expensive but well located in Jakarta for my latest trip there. A friend recommended the Holiday Inn Express, Thamrin and I decided to check it out.

First impression: just off the main road it looked new, modern and clean. I liked the easy taxi pull-up. The front desk was friendly and efficient taking just a few minutes to manage my check in.

The room: small! Wow, it is a bit small alright, leaving just a few feet on each side of the bed, a small desk and a cozy little bathroom. Being used to larger rooms I called downstairs and asked for a larger room. I was told that they don't have any. I grumbled and decided to have a bad attitude regarding the hotel.

As they don't have a kitchen snacks are offered downstairs though they are a bit expensive for the local market. Strike two.

But then I asked if there was delivery available to the hotel and the staff offered a number of menus from local restaurants, fast food joints and the like. It was very nice. The staff placed the order and when it arrived, paid and collected the food for me. They then called my room for me to come down. Okay, not bad since I could pay restaurant or carry-out prices instead of hotel prices!

Free breakfast that goes beyond a little shelf of edibles. I was rightly impressed. it was good, fresh and refilled frequently (eggs, sausages, fruit, yogurts, and the typical cereals). Nice. That's when I discovered the espresso maker! Free espresso? Really? I'm sold.

The staff - by being helpful, always smiling, and just plain nice they won me over.
The room - it was simply clean and efficient! Would I like a nice big room? Sure! Did I want to pay 2 & 1/2 times the cost of the hotel? No. The room was great I decided!

There is a Starbucks literally next door and the Grand Indonesia is in walking distance so everything you need is right there. I picked up some sundries and such in the shopping center and enjoyed my stay.

A GREAT budget hotel and well recommended.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher rooms on the back to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear robgagnon,

It always been a pleasure for us to hear a great comments from our guests about our friendly staff and the smart concept we had, really appreciate your review for Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin. Let me do apologize for unable to accomodate you with a bigger room as you preferred, and please do not hesitate to contact me to arrange your next arrival.

Always Looking forward to see you soon at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Located in the city centre with easy access to most places via cab, the hotel is new and clean. Rooms are smallish but very functional and comfortable. However, the rooms facing the street are noisy, especially with Jakarta traffic.

Room Tip: Room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ari S, Manajer Umum at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear SJX,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us with a candid review. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding our great location.

We look forward to have you with us again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can be of any assistance.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in June 2014 for 5 nights. Great location within walking distance to grand Indonesia mall. Room was small but had everything we needed and the included breakfast was more than enough to start the day.
Overall great hotel highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ari S, Manajer at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear mcao77,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

nice city hotel located in jalan sudirman is very strategic place. With very strategic place, so many choice of public transportation could take. I like the room, small but clean. cozy bed and TV was not small enough for budget hotel. I also love the breakfast, not only simple quick breakfast but also the taste keep delicious.

in the night while I feel hungry, I check on inroom service that this hotel could offered, but I found that this hotel did not offered any inroom service for dinner. but they put a book in hotel room with choice of some fast food restaurant near the place, we can just order by phone then the food will deliver to the hotel lobby. we were allowed to take the food from the lobby to the room. it is awesome. I plan to stay to this hotel again if I have a business trip to jakarta

Room Tip: choose street view so you could enjoy the city street view of jalan sudirman
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ari S, Manajer Umum at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear M. Reza P,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your great feedback with us, we are pleased that you are enjoyed staying with us and looking forward to welcome you back at Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin.

Stay Smart with Us!

Kindest Regards

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The brand new hotel which offer close proximity to Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia as well Bunderan HI. The room is rather small even compared to the same brand of Hotel in Pluit, Jakarta. The location is their strong point.

The staffs at their front desk were so helpful and warm. The breakfast buffet was okay to start the day. They have all the necessary foods that most people want.

I have requested for a quiet room and they delivered the request. The room facing the back street was quiet enough for me as a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Room Facing The Back Street are More Quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Heriani,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us with a candid review. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding our great location and our staff.

Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jakarta Thamrin? Share your experiences!