“A quiet, comfortable, classy hotel right at the heart of the city.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Jakarta Indonesia

Pullman Great Escape
Ranked #20 of 345 Hotels in Jakarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manila, Philippines
“A quiet, comfortable, classy hotel right at the heart of the city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 days for a business trip and all I can say is I had the most wonderful time. The staff were accommodating, helpful, friendly, prompt with our requests, and most of all, honest. Why do I say honest? Well, long story short, because a client booked the room for us, we didn't know that we had a special corporate rate. Upon check-out, it was the hotel that even informed and corrected us about our discounted bill. It's not a big deal if you really think about it, but I feel that it's always the little things that matter (like the hotel being the first to inform us, rather than waiting to see if we would know about the discount so they can get away with charging us more). As further testament to their excellent service, the hotel staff were always quick to lend a hand when you need directions, assistance with your bags or hailing you a taxi during the morning rush.

As for the room, it was spacious, neat and the bed was absolutely divine thanks in large part to the pillows that are just to-die-for soft and comfortable! The room also came equipped with a small sofa, round table, a desk, flat screen TV and free LAN. I believe WIFI is available too but you need to ask for the code from the concierge. With regards to the bathroom, the hygiene kit was freshly stocked everyday and the toilet, shower and bathtub were spotless and regularly cleaned.

In terms of locations, this hotel is as good as it gets. It is literally in the center of everything -- where all the action is. Behind the hotel is a quiet suburb and in front of the hotel is the high-end Plaza Indonesia Mall. A bunch of other malls and 5-star hotels line up the street as well so you know you're in a good area.

For food, I was able to experience the breakfast buffet and their room service. I definitely have no complaints in that department! For breakfast, they have a very WIDE selection. Everyday I would try a different section of the buffet and I always found myself satisfied and happy. The dinner I got from room service was excellent as well. Normally they charge an exorbitant amount for room service but surprisingly, the rates they charged were affordable and reasonable (which is a first for me!)

All in all, I definitely would not mind staying at the Pullman hotel again and I would strongly recommend this hotel to my fellow travelers! :)

P.S --> Try the food court at Plaza Indonesia. Food is good, affordable and the place has GREAT ambiance!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
JMManager, Loyalty & Quality Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a detailed review covering most areas of our products and services you experienced throughout your stay. In the mean time, your praise and positive comments serve as motivation for the whole team.
We will keep up with the good work and look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best Regards,

Loyalty & Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here many times and I love the location of the hotel. Opposite of Grand Indonesia means that my access to variety of food is awesome! Service is good and room is big. Breakfast is okay. The only thing I wish is the hotel has a pub with full piece band. At the moment, the hotel is super quiet at the lounge. All in all, good hotel! Will come back.

• Stayed August 2012
JMManager, Loyalty & Quality Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! It is a great pleasure to know your stay at our hotel was nice and pleasant. This encourages us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations. Thanks also for the suggestion.

We hope to welcome you again very soon!

Best Regards,

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed in July'2012 for a week time and had wonderful experience...Its value for money...moreover its at prime location in Jakarta city...hotel staff is very courteous, I felt like home away from home...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Pullman Hotel (formerly Hotel Nikko) is a hotel catered for the business crowd. It was the cheapest 5 star hotel we found in the area.

Whilst the rooms are very compact - they are functional especially for a solo traveller on business. I dont think its as suitable for honeymooners / couple type hotel especially if you intend on spending lots of time in the room.

The hotel's facilities are great such as the pool and gym - and there is also a nice spa and the location is very convenient right opposite one of the major shopping centre - Plaza Indonesia, which ALL taxi knows where it is, unlike a lot of the other places - I found it quite common for taxi drivers to be lost eventho they nodded when I enter the taxi and first told them the destination.

Room Tip: If you are booking a superior room in the new wing, try to get the odd numbered rooms (facing Plaza...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
JMManager, Loyalty & Quality Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to learn that our strategic location is an advantage you could benefit from and our facilities have impressed you. In regards to the room size, we are pleased to inform you that we do have a larger room available and hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to stay there when visit us again in the next future.
Please do not hesitate to let us know.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel before the management change to Pullman group. I must the hotel has just improved quite a lot. Firstly, they gave a complimentary upgrade to a executive suite that was very cool. The room had fully automated controls and the 2 LED TVs with music in the bathrooms. The bathroom itself was the size of a bedroom. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was awesome, the service seemed a little slow, but everything else was very good. I would not hesitate to go back to the same hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
JMManager, Loyalty & Quality Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share with others your experience in our hotel. It is pleasing to know that you had been impressed by our room facilities. We will share your appreciation with the team and rest assured we will strengthen our focus on training our quality of Food & Beverage service.

We look forward to your return.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

A pretty enjoyable stay at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia. The hotel is very close to shopping centres. Rooms and lobby area are clean and spacious. Facilities are well kept.

However, the hotel looks tired as it has been there for quite sometime. One downside was that I was given a smoking room despite asking for a non smoking room. The receptionist told me that we set up the smoking room as a non smoking room. But I know that this is not possible and when we enter the room, the cigarette smell was just overpowering.

Though that is the case, I still look forward to stay at the hotel again after refurbishment next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to note that our location and facilities met your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Regarding non smoking room, we fully understand your disappointment. Our Front Office Manager will take appropriate actions to prevent this type of situation from happening again.

Thank you and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Loyalty & Quality Manager

Been to Pullman Jakarta Indonesia? Share your experiences!