“Almost Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yoshinoya - Grand Indonesia

Yoshinoya - Grand Indonesia
Jl. MH.Thamrin No.1, Grand Indonesia Shopping Town, Entertainment District 3A #16-17, Jakarta 10310, Indonesia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #284 of 5,932 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Japanese
Surabaya
“Almost Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The food is good, price is affordable, the location is even a plus point as you can enjoy the water musical fountain while you eat, the only thing was missing was the staff behaviour. I have read some reviews below about how weird the staff behaviour was when they tried too hard for upselling. I, unfortunately, had to witness it by myself. I ordered the original beef bowl and the cashier (Septri, if I recall correctly) pushed me to order their new menu which had so many choices of toppings. I explained to her politely that I didn't like any topping on my rice so I prefer to stick with my first choice and she said that it's ok to order the rice bowl with topping because I could easily take it off. Then what was the point to pay a bit more for the topping if in the end you're not gonna eat it anyway. She lost me in some point. I understand that all the cashiers are being pushed by their manager to do upsell on their new menu but somehow they need to be trained properly as well on how to do it professionally so the cashiers did not take the instruction in a wrong way. I also saw one female cashier was not serious in doing her job, she kept laughing and joking until she almost hit another colleague who was carrying 2 bowls from the kitchen. Staff attitude really needs improvement.

• Visited August 2014

• Indonesian first
Serpong, Indonesia
“Love The Original Beef, One of My Favorite Japanese Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is one of the place that I will come with my friend if we are confuse to choose foods for lunch or we run out of our lunch time. It's fast and of course delicious. I always order the original beef rice because I like the texture of the meat and it's really savory. You can add chili powder in it if you like spicy food, that makes it more scrumptious. Even my friend always order just for the original beef without rice. The point is, the original beef is great.

It is located in front of the singing fountain, so the atmosphere of this food place is really great. You can enjoy the singing fountain while you are eating here when the time is match. Their service is just average, you have to serve yourself because it is categorized to the fast food restaurant. Their tea is free flow but you have to refill it yourself at the counter. And for the price, it is also in the middle range.

Yes, It is not the best Japanese restaurant but it is one of my favorite Japanese restaurant. I recommend the original beef but the other foods are also good.

• Visited April 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Average Japanese restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

In my opinion, Yoshinoya is the average Japanese restaurant with rare taste. I ordered noodles, and this is not my thing. My sister ordered another meal, but I don't remember the name, they gave green chili on it and the tastes ssooo *#%¥

The atmosphere in this restaurant is good, but I don't taste the food is good as the atmosphere.

The price is so so. And the service is quite good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Indonesia
“Still, my favorite japanese fast food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

It's kinda different with Yoshinoya in Japan. In Indonesia, the restaurant is very big and has a fast food restaurant style by order first and then looking for empty table. The food are also different, if we may have a Kare in Japan, their popular food is teriyaki and yakiniku and it still has a good taste in my opinion. The place is in the one of favorite mall in the middle of Jakarta, so i you come in weekend, maybe you will have to get a long queue.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“easy and fast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

my boy always love to eat here because of their kid's meal, we can get 1 or 2 tokens for small toys. but I think it's too small nowadays.
I love the veggy and beef menu or the combo.
their fries combo is getting smaller too. but still fulfill your stomach altough if you only order the regular dishes.
you can choose beef or chicken. nice sauce.

• Visited September 2013