“Nice ambiance, bad bread” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Nice ambiance, bad bread”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Arrived on a Wednesday evening without a reservation so they gave me a table at the side where the waiters would not see me unless i waived with considerable effort. I liked the environment, the place has a nice decor. As a European the first thing i rate after the decor is the quality of bread which they served as an appetizer. Unfortunately they failed completely, the bread was old and reheated and tasted like crap. I expect much more from a french/belgian place! Both my friend's and my food was quite good so I would go back for that. However the place is quite pricy. They have a
drinking section which is probably the nicest part of the restaurant. Waiters were quite slow and not very attentive. The place has potential though!

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Great ambience for a romantic meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The fore gras was unique and done just nice .. I order the duck where French is Known at cooking duck but sadly was disappointed ... But some parts of it was cooked well other parts of the duck was cooked too dry

Visited November 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Second time coming this French Restaurant, went there for dinner 2 weeks ago, the menu and wine list are exquisite.
The place is very cozy and unique, it wasn't very busy when we came again last Friday, this time for lunch. So we chose to sit at the back, the glass covered courtyard. It's very nice area with an outdoor feel to it.
The food was absolutely delicious, reasonably priced, and the waiters were very friendly. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Promising beginning turned into disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First time I ate here, the place was quite empty, but the food was good. I even gave recommendations to friends. I had high hopes that this could be my new favorite restaurant in the neighborhood.
My second visit crushed that hope.
During my second visit, the waiters were too busy with themselves to pay attention to the guests. The seafood bouillabaisse that I ordered was too watery and the seafood tasted like they were boiled separately (no taste). The whole experience that night was a disappointment. I'm guessing maybe the kitchen and staffs are not ready to take on too many people.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“Terrible food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the worst french resto that I've ever been in jakarta. We ordered the signature T bone steak to be cooked medium and it turned out to be well done and the meat was so hard. We complained and they changed it to the new one but the second one was even worst than the first one. Some was cooked welldone and some was even rare. We also ordered the spannish iberico pork chop to be cooked well done and it turned out to be not well cooked as we can still see blood coming out from the meat. And we've been waiting for more than one hour for this kind food. The chef doesnt even know how to cook a proper steak and the price was not that cheap.

• Visited September 2013