“The Largest Buffet Breakfast EVER!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Asia Restaurant

Asia Restaurant
Jl DR Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Kav E. 1.1 No 1 | The Ritz-Carlton-Mega Kuningan Lobby Level, Jakarta 12950, Indonesia
+62 21 25518882
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #354 of 5,097 restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Description: Jakarta's largest island buffet offers distinctive international buffet with open kitchen concept. Weekend special: Seafood buffet on Friday night and Hawker buffet on Satuday night
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The Largest Buffet Breakfast EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Absolutely brilliant. Cannot be faulted - from variety, service, quality and general ambiance. The breakfast came with our room so I am unsure as to the pricing

Visited January 2014

60% Recommend
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Expected better from Ritz.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ambience
To be frank, I wasn't very impressed by the interior layout of the restaurant (you can judge for yourself from the above picture). I almost wanted to turn around and walk out of the restaurant for other options. It looked more like a ballroom converted into a makeshift dining place; or a cheap wedding banquet set up. It was really not expected from a 6 star hotel like the Ritz Carlton. We went to Hotel Mulia, a 5 star hotel in Jakarta the other time and the set up is definitely nicer.

The lighting was also very dim, but not in a romantic way. It made me feel as though we had travelled in time and returned to the 90s. Maybe I am too critical but I am a sucker for lighting.

Food Quality
It was the first time in my life to eat Sashimi and find bones within. The oysters were not very fresh either (I stopped at one). The variety was pretty good if you are not too particular about the quality, with fresh Seafood, Mexican, Chinese, Indonesia, Indian cuisines. Desserts were also mediocre; I found the sweetest Tiramisu I've ever tasted. At least they serve Haagen Dazs ice cream which is at least somewhat enjoyable.

If i were to praise something about the whole dining experience, it would be the service. Service was good, with servers very eager to help and attentive to your needs. I would not say that it was anything outstanding though, as service around Indonesia's restaurants are all pretty good.

Price
Thank goodness when the bill came, it was not the usual 100-150usd per pax pricing that Ritz practise around the world. (Would totally feel ripped off with such quality of food) It was about 800,000idr in total so about 40usd per person.

Overall
5/10. We would probably not come back unless we have to. We have definitely tasted better in Jakarta.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very nice food with excellent service. Well prepared and service was hard to fault. Worth a visit, you will not be disapointed

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Huge Selection, Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I went to the Asia Restaurant inside the Ritz Carlton last night for dinner and we definitely left satisfied. The entire staff at the Ritz is friendly, professional, and has the most amazing ability to remember people's names. The all you can eat buffet had a wonderful selection of soup, salad, sushi, Thai, Indonesian, Western, Italian, Chinese, and Mexican food. The dessert section is also quite large. Although I sampled many different bite sized desserts, I only found one or two that I thought were excellent. They also have a "free flow" option for alcoholic drinks, beer or red wine, and overall we thought it was a pretty good deal (200,000 IDR/ person). Overall, we both really liked the place and we will definitely be going again.

• Visited May 2013