“Perfect Dining Destinations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salt Grill by Luke Mangan

Salt Grill by Luke Mangan
JL. MH. Thamrin Kav. 28 - 30 (Between Plaza Indonesia & EX) | Altitude, The Plaza 46th Floor, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia
+62 21 29922448
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 5,464 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: International chef Luke Mangan's Salt grill in Jakarta is a modern Australian restaurant specializing in Australian cuts of beef, fish and sources the freshest available produce possible.
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Perfect Dining Destinations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

It was on 12 October and we booked Salt Grill - Altitude through their website. It was a fast response, they sent the email confirmation and called me within a minute. Double confirmation! Friendly staff, nice point! Ambiance? No doubt, gorgeous city view if you sit near the window. Enjoy the Jakarta city view like sparkling stars around.

Fun part, food! We tried 2 main course which I forgot the name, because the dessert was one of the mind-blowing part; The Petit Four. Ha, look at its name! Love it already, they served with the melted chocolate, and even the portion were small, but it was satisfied my sugar-gasm tooth! It cost around 60K for the Petit Four, and I recommend you guys to try it, because hey, you haven't done a proper dinner without dessert. Never ever missed the dessert part, cheers!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
“Salt Grill is a Jakarta experience not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Salt Grill is on the 46th floor of the Plaza providing some amazing views of Jakarta. However, it has so much more to offer than the view...the decor is beautifully put together and the restaurant has a cozy yet vibrant atmosphere. We were welcomed warmly and the service all night was excellent, adding to our memorable experience.

However, the food and wine as you would expect of a Luke Mangan restaurant, is the highlight. We tried a range of appetizers, the seared tuna and signature gnocchi as mains and a signature dessert - all were incredible. It was such a great night we came back the next week and were not disappointed. Choosing from the grill this time, I enjoyed a perfect steak with a smooth drop of red.

Salt Grill offers fresh and innovative cuisine and a unique restaurant experience. What more can you ask for?

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“One of The Best Spot for Dinner at Jakarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Surely Salt Grill - Altitude is become "One of The Best Spot for Dinner at Jakarta".
Excellent service, good food, and an awesome window city view.
Come here with my company friends for Halal bi Halal event after Ied at August 2013, and come again for romantic dinner at October 1st :D

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Roller coaster experience turned sweet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Daniel, had a sweet n memorable bday celebration for our beloved mom, despite the roller coaster experience full of emotions n uncertainties for the first 1 hour.

Was super excited to celebrate our mom's bday by bringing her to one of the best n happening fine steak restaurant @ salt grill. Got 8pm reservation so we arrived at 8.05pm. Was told that the table was not ready with 1001 reasons which didn't solve the issue. Waited for another 15 minutes, another staff came out n offered us to sit on the chef table n order drink/appetizer. Took the initiative n ordered, got the appetizer n drink n the next thing we knew, we were ignored without anyone following up or even checked on us, despite we tried to ask a few times while we also saw some people who just came can come in n get their seats right away.

8.50pm, i decided to escalate this n checked again with the receptionist. This time, another staff came out with his suit, explained their reservation system bla bla bla, which i didn't care to hear. I just wanted a yes, we got a seat or no, we leave now. And he came back saying, there's still no certainties (lightly without any empathy).

At that moment, i lost my nerve n asked my family to leave n move to other restaurant n apologized to my mom for such an awful bday dinner.

My mom n my brother have gone to other restaurant while me n my husband waited to settle the bill. There, Daniel, the restaurant manager, came n apologized n asked for second chance to make this up. It took a few times for Daniel to talk to me and it was his persistency n empathy that got me give him 2nd chance. So i had to call my mom n brother to come back. What a mess n how a supposed-to-be awesome bday dinner became so awful.

At that right moment, things turned around from awful to awesome all the way. We got the best table in the house, best service, great food. Ordered the steak, lamb chop n fish. All were beyond our expectation. Daniel also topped it off with complimentary bday cake n drink. All emotions got paid off.

Finally, the roller coaster experience turned sweet at the end. Thanks Daniel n Salt Grill for making our mom's bday celebration memorable one! It was special!

Visited October 2013
Sydney
“Congratulations Salt Grill - Stunning view, deliciously pioneering cuisine, impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My friend and I arrived to gorgeous smiles at the reception and then escorted to our million dollar view by an attentive and very polished Maitre'D. What a great start, and it only became more memorable with delicious tasting menu of fresh and fine dishes.

Coffin Bay oysters swilled down with crisp sparkling wine and elegant surrounds. We ate 5 courses that the Maitre'D and Chef advised....leaving no room for dessert, however a short break solved that issue and we shared the signature liquorice parfait. The raw fish plate was revitalizing, with the caviar of particular note - wisely constructed.

I found this to be a fine dining experience that highlighted Australian cuisine in its contemporary and global place. The view of Jakarta at night is breathtaking. A special place. Highly recommended. Thank you to the charming Manager who tended to the diners and us as a true professional.

• 5 of 5 stars Food