“Bad service, good food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Salt Grill by Luke Mangan

Salt Grill by Luke Mangan
JL. MH. Thamrin Kav. 28 - 30 (Between Plaza Indonesia & EX) | Altitude, The Plaza 46th Floor, Jakarta 10350, Indonesia
+62 21 29922448
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 5,289 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: International chef Luke Mangan's Salt grill in Jakarta is a modern Australian restaurant specializing in Australian cuts of beef, fish and sources the freshest available produce possible.
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Bad service, good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I was here for a corporate dinner, around 20 of us. Came here with an empty stomach and full heart. We already chose the menu days before, however I'd like to change my main since I just got a sore throat. First, I asked one of the waiters, he said cant change it because they already prepared but he'd ask, which he never did. So I asked the manager, he was totally okay with that. Then after more than 30 minutes after appetizers (35 minutes for appetizers to arrive), our main course arrive and they placed in front of me my previous choice, so I told the waitress about my change request. But she acted like i was the dumb one and she said couldnt change. Then i told her to get her manager; then he changed it immediately as he promised me before. Food was great, small portion, atmosphere was cool, view is great for Jakarta standard (still uncomparable to equinox in singapore). But seriously, service needs to be improved, they got so confused about our orders and the waiting duration was too long (it's not even fashionably late). And they did not have honey lemon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Bali, Indonesia
“Divine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Having tried Salt Grill in Surfer's Paradise and Singapore, I must say that Salt Grill Jakarta is my favorite amongst the three. Everything from the location, setting, food, and service was top notch. The food was beautiful, just as expected, but there is something very special about the ambience.

We were there on a Sunday night and the place was busy. We loved it as it gave the place a nice vibe and energy. We were taken to one of the tables facing the windows and enjoyed the night view of the city. Daniel, the Restaurant General Manager was friendly, professional and truly made our evening.

We ordered a few items to share including Luke's signature Crab Omelette (a must try), zucchini flowers and chorizo with squid. The Chateaubriand we ordered for main was cooked to perfection and accompanied by the most beautiful mashed potatoes. The Atlantic Salmon was delicate and full of flavors.

A great experience overall.. Thank you to the team andwe will be back for sure..

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“WOW!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I were just in Jakarta and were highly recommended to go to Luke Mangan’s Salt Grill at Altitude on the 46th floor of the Plaza Indonesia and all we could say was WOW!!!
A lovely hostess escorted us in a private lift to the 46th floor where we were welcomed by Daniel Whitelaw, General Restaurant Manager and his hosts; Daniel then escorted us to a window table with the most beautiful views of the city. Daniel was so attentive to us and everyone else’s needs checking to ensure everything was running smoothly.
Our waiter BB was perfect and looked after us so well and we did not have to wait for anything.

The food which was cooked by the Executive Chef MJ was absolute perfection. The Entrée was delicious my steak was cooked exactly the way I liked and my husband said his barramundi was the best he had ever eaten and as for the liquorice parfait and chocolate dessert fantastic.
I would like to thank Daniel, MJ, BB and all the staff at Salt Grill Jakarta for giving us a wonderful night to remember and all we can say is WOW!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Simply outstanding in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Luke Mangan brings Salt Grill to Jakarta! That should be enough, but you want to know more, right.

46 floors up in The Plaza Office Tower on Jl. Thamrin right beside Grand Hyatt Hotel and Plaza Indonesia. Views are spectacular day and night.

The food is what you come here for of course and with everything that Luke Mangan and his excellent team do, the food here is exceptional.

We've been four times so far during their soft opening period and opening week. Every meal has been superb, the service is great and the atmosphere is perfect.

The set lunch menu is excellent value with a great variety, try the crab meat omelette signature dish. They have a liquorice desert as well for those who still have room. Great risotto, great chicken, great fish. Getting hungry just thinking about it.

Seating you have a choice of cosy four person booths looking through the floor to ceiling windows over the city or some private rooms that take up to 8 or 10 people comfortably and lots of little nooks and crannies for quiet conversations or just plain out there in the middle of the floor enjoying your meal and your guests.

This is the new best place to eat in Jakarta bar none!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A Tasty View from Above”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were seated in one of the by-the-window tables, facing the very heart of Jakarta and its city lights on a Friday night. The view was impressive, and the service was even better. Luke Mangan's signature is quite literally served in every plate. My gnocchi entree couldn't be any better, and my boyfriend had lobster bisque with grilled prawn. Following those delightful plates were my grilled salmon, and fillet mignon with bone marrow sauce. The fillet mignon was heavenly while the salmon was nothing special. Dessert selection was little but all sounded great to try. My soft cheese cake came with popsicles. The liquorice parfait was a champion. Overall, Salt Grill combines excellent decor (I totally love the lighting!) with above average Australian cuisine and awesome service. It is a great choice for special ocassion dining, or an impressive date night.

Visited April 2013