“Great food, service and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of E&O

E&O
Jl. DR Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung | Menara Rajawali, 1st Floor, Jakarta 12950 , Indonesia
+62 21 5761645
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 5,286 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Loved the Thai fusion food, buzzy atmosphere and efficient service. Clientele was mainly Indonesian and this place provides a glimpse of where the Jakarta F&B industry is headed. Also loved the sister restaurant (Sarong in Bali) and would not hesitate to dine here again. Keep up the good work!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
Northants
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from having dinner here and it was so good! From the minute we walked in, we were made to feel welcome and our waiter, Rahman, was extremely attentive.
We ordered our drinks and then our food, my husband had the Beef short ribs with Black bean sauce and sprout tops, I had a Thai Green chicken curry and we had Jasmine rice and stir fried vegetables, only one portion of the last two as Rahman told us that was enough for two, and it was.
Food was excellent, and they wrapped-to-go the Chicken curry I couldn't manage, no problem.
Lovely atmosphere, music just loud enough to still able to hear each other talk, good decor, excellent food and service, a great night out, we will return!

Visited October 2013
Perth, Australia
“Best Asian!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Despite living in Jakarta for 6 years, we had not heard of this restaurant. A Hotelier recommended E&O, so we gave it a try last night. The restaurant is in the Mega Kuningan area and is quite expansive. The place as expected was busy for a Saturday night. The wine list was commendable, and the range of cocktails impressive. We ordered a mix of appetizers, and shared a main of massaman curry with roti chanai. The food was excellent; the school prawns, the oysters, thai fish cakes and garlic squid all hitting the spot. The curry was perfect for the roti accompaniment, unfortunately the servings are quite large and we could not finish. However, after a short respite, we managed to fit in a dessert. The egg custard, sticky rice and homemade icecream, would have to be the best Asian dessert I've ever had, and that's saying something!
E&O is impressive, the service faultless and the food memorable. The prices are very reasonable, if you exclude copious quantities of booze? We will definitely be going back.

• Visited October 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
“Nice atmosphere, interesting take on Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Many people told me they don't like the food at EO which I can't understand. The food is really fresh and nice. I really this place for the atmosphere and great cocktail. If you are in the area, have a try, you will love it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Delicious and surprisingly good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I woke up one morning with a craving for Thai food, so looked on TripAdvisor for the top rated Thai restaurant in Jakarta. E&O has this title, and it is well deserved.
We checked out the menu online before going, and while the dishes available sounded wonderful, to be honest I was a little aback by the price. However, as it says on the menu: ''Our menu items are designed to be shared", so one main course is more than enough for two (normal sized) people.
We went for Sunday lunch. We were welcomed by the friendly staff, who explained the 'sharing' situation, and advised us that one main course would be enough for both of us. We ordered the Lamb Massaman Curry, with one portion of rice and roti canai. It was mindblowingly delicious. I have eaten Thai food all over the world, including Thailand, and this sits among the best. The flavours were sensational: the lamb fell off the bone, the peanuts were crunchy, the potatoes perfectly cooked. I felt the inclusion of pumpkin was a wonderful twist on the classic Thai dish. As far as drinks go, I had a 'Limeade', which refreshed me perfectly because the curry is pretty spicy.
A word on the staff: they were attentive and friendly. Our waiter advised us to get the roti canai because it goes well with this dish, and he was so right.
Our bill came to 400k which is very reasonable considering the quality of the food, and the size of the portion. I cannot recommend E&O enough, and look forward to me next visit.

• Visited September 2013