“Good place to hang out” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good place to hang out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Went there with the girls for lunch. One of them very recommend the Gindara Saikyo Yaki (IDR 165K), so i give it a try. Yes, the fish was yummy. It grilled with some sauce (ketchup maybe, i did not know exactly what they are) and the taste is good. Dominated by sweet flavour but i can taste other spices that mixed in a good balance. Too bad, for me the portion is small and the gindara need longer time to be served than the other menu :-(
I tried the ice lemon ocha (IDR 28K). As i expected this drink is fresh because they put frozen lime in it. Love it!!
The parking lot are limited, better use taxi or use their valet service. I guess they have yhe best restroom in town. But sorry I did not take a picture of it.
We spent almost IDR 650K for two Gindara, a Gyutan IDR 50K a Beef KatsuDon IDR 72K, two Gohan (rice), an orange juice and one ice coffee mocha (each IDR 30K), an ocha, and my ice lemon ocha.
I will be back to try the salmon next time (this is my favourite fish and they are cheaper than gindara). Hope they will satisfy me again.

Jakarta
“When there is no Japanese in charge....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a moderately priced Japanese resto. We have been here numerous times but today was the worst. What more, I invited two Japanese friends from Tokyo. What an embarassment..
We ordered sushi rolls for starters, and bowls of noodles for the mains. The bowls of noodles arrived first...Oh Dear. A word with the supervisor and he brushed it off as though we were being fussy. I would think it is a norm for starters to be first in line...That said, they retracted the noodles, with a promise that new ones will be made when we are ready.
Sushi rolls were regular fare, we ordered california rolls, fatty tuna(toro) and salmon rolls.
Remember the noodles? Well, they came back. Unfortunately, they were the same bowls of
noodles served before, but this time, with lukewarm soup. The only way to enjoy a good bowl of
Japanese noodles is have have it with piping hot soup. The same supervisor who dealt with us
earlier INSISTED the soup was hot, inferring again, we were fussy diners. That didn't go down
well with us, and left a negative impression. Just because a supervisor tried to insist on
something which obviously wasn't.
I must add. We have frequented this restaurant often enough, and today was a really bad
experience. I would like to think that it was better with the Japanese chef around, rather than the
clueless and insistent supervisor.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta
“Yellowfin a Chic "Hole-in-the-Wall" with Innovative Dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The restaurant provides Apple iPad's that has photos of each dish served, which was a wonderful way to view the varied & creative dishes not found in other Japanese establishments in the city. The dishes were served on a decent pace & were quite tasty (taste on/above par with the photos that whet the appetite).

The ambiance was great for hanging out or taking someone on a date in a place to see & be seen; we were there for lunch & the place didn't smell like smoke although open until 2 AM on weekends so they do a good job in upkeep. It's worth a few visits to try out the many solid dishes.

• Visited April 2013