“New and Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
“New and Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Another new and nice business hotel in Kuningan Jakarta.
The service is one of the best even you can compare it to 5 stars, i can feel all the smile and warmness start from the security in the front door.

The receptionist is nice, the receptionist escort me to 20th floor to check-in at the Ambassador Club as i reserve for Ambassador Club Room, a nice place to sit and relax where the receptionist never forget to ask what i wanna drink every time my face shown up here.

Got the key for room 2005. As i enter the room, i can already feel the room is top class, the seat, the bed, and the bathroom (the shower gel is also nice compare to standar shower gel from another hotel)

The downside of this room is the wifi, i dunno whether because this is 20th floor or what, but my wifi signal is only 1-2 from 5, cellular signal in my room also a bit small (i'm using XL)
Also for the next visit i prefer to take the room across elevator (2005 is on elevator side), because there is a construction right in the front of the window, and i feel a bit annoyed especially at night as i'm afraid they can see through the window.

At the evening i have to go to my office party and when i go down to lobby while thinking what i should take, suddenly the security initiatively ask whether he can call for taxi, this is a plus plus point as in the other hotel sometimes you have to ask yourself to call a taxi.

At the morning i do breakfast on Olam, the food is okay, they have a wide variety of bread (i love the bread actually), indonesian, and a bit western. But sadly, no one offer me a drink! I know that i can get the drink myself, but asking whether the guest want to have coffee or tea is a must for every breakfast in a hotel, this is to show your warmest greeting at the morning.

Before breakfast i asked the ambassador club receptionist whether i could have a late check-out and she said i could until 14.00 and then i said okay. After breakfast as i pass the receptionist lobby, i ask whether i have to pay for late checkout, the receptionist told me about the 50% charge until 6PM and i said that's not what i meant, i meant the late checkout until 2PM, the receptionist persistently said that there is no such a thing and i can only check-out at the latest 1PM, already said that i asked the ambassador club already and she said i can't. Okay then, i went upstair, ask the ambassdor club receptionist, i asked again and she said i can with free of charge. I dunno which one is correct (at the room there is a brochure that actually stated that i can) but please help to make sure that everyone have the same information and not confusing the guest.

Taking a bath here is nice, the water flow is powerful, the amenities is good, and then when i use the bathtub, i realize that i cannot drain the water as the lid/cover is stuck there, luckily not much water already pour into the bathtub.

Last but not least, i recommend this hotel for everyone, a nice hotel. Maybe it's only me the one who unlucky to experience a bit issue, but despite of all the issue, JS Luwansa is nice.

Good job

Room Tip: Choose the one accross the elevator, not on the elevator side for more privacy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We appreciate it as it helps us to improve.

You made a lot of kind and positive observations and we thank you for that. but Id like to address all of the things that were no so positive because it is important to us.

Wifi should have been good and I will look into the room signal where you were. I can assure you that the glass from the rooms can only be seen outward. The inward view is altered due to the type of glass.

We must sincerely apologize for not having coffee or tea served to you as this is our standard. Actually, I will be in the restaurant to serve coffee and tea to our guests as well as fry eggs so Im sorry I did not have a chance to see you on that day.

You are absolutely entitled to 2 pm late check out as an Ambassador Club guest. Actually, we should allow you extended check out to 4 pm as long as the room was not going to be occupied by an incoming guest. Please accept my apology and I will sort this out with our staff ensuring everyone has the same information.

Despite the challenges, we are so glad that you found JS :Luwansa to be to your liking and we look forward to your return as I will be happy to pour your coffee personally ....gm@jsluwansa.com.

Happy travels

Richard Mau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

All the rave reviews here are true after all! Was a little skeptical and worried that it was not to be as this was a pure relaxation trip for myself and partner as we knew all about the city's jams and were not intending to travel too much around in town other than attending a close friend's wedding.

Where should I start? The rooms are perfect, spick and span, I like carpets in my rooms and they were clean and smell free, there was everything you needed in the room, bathrobes, bathroom slippers, toiletries, hairdryer, a day bed, couch or whatever you call it, a desk for the business ppl whom need to work, fast and reliable WIFI... and the list goes on... See the pictures for yourself.

I stayed in both the deluxe and premier room just to try out. The extra money spent on the premier room was worth it just for the cool bathtub and the view of the bath tub from the bed. Oh wait, that's if you had a galfriend as hawt as mine. ;) Just kidding, now, if the extra money is not much of an issue for you and you're travelling with your lovely partner, do go for the premier room.

Now the food... Nothing to gripe about seriously, even if I were to nit pick... Good mix of local and international food, super fresh salmon, very tasty gado gado salad, if anything, it was actually coz local food was a tad salty for me. This of course is no fault at all of the hotel's. Staff were prompt to serve, served with a smile, quick to clear and offer service...

As for the general service standards, I must say they seriously qualify for 5 star standard! Everywhere one walks, you are made to feel important and valued, once there is eye contact, all staff will definitely greet you. Trust me, I tried and also remarked to my girlfriend. Now, be a good guest and acknowledge their smiles and greetings to make their day as well! =)

I will definitely be back here to use the pool and gym which is quite a shame I didn't had time to use this time round. I'm expecting some vouchers for free stay from the management for their ongoing promo of some buy 2 nights and get 1 night free or something...

P.S. Dear management, if you're reading this, thumbs up for the good service provided during my stay again. I probably never have to switch hotels when I'm back in Jakarta again. Keep up the good work!

Soemthing to note, I was staying during my last night at the premier room on the 11th storey, and my room was at the end of the corridor. Our adjouring room's main door was left unlocked and slightly ajar. Out of curiousity, we pushed the door open to peek in, and it was rather spooky to say the least. Dark and kinda untidy like a staff's temporary lodging or something. Adding to the fact that adjourning room are linked by a common door within, it did give me and my gf a little bit of the creeps. Maybe one horror film too many for us. It didn't affect my stay too much at all though, but yup, just something of note perhaps. Cheers!

Room Tip: If you have the budget and are not a business traveler who's alone, go for the premier rooms. Yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 3, 2014

WOW!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write so much in detail about your recent visit!
We really appreciate it as it does really matter to us how you are treated during your stay.

Despite our 4 star hotel classification, I myself have come from a 30 year global branded 5 star background and we have assembled a leadership team from some of the best 5 star hotels in town where our model is to provide value pricing with the best service possible.

On your next return, I would like to ask you or any other future travelers to Jakarta to ask our staff for a menu item to be prepared, differently, to your liking. Ask for something different but possible....lets see if they can deliver.

Thank you for putting your PS to the management.....as I personally enjoy replying to each of our guest comments instead of leaving it to one of my managers.

I have looked into the incident with the connecting room and believe it may have been an out of order room which one of our housekeeping staff went into and mistakenly forgot to shut the lock off connecting room thoroughly....our apology for that and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

WAF....."Weekends are Free" has been such a success in our 1st 6 months of operation we have extended it in 2014. Pay 2 nights and the 3rd weekend night is free.....it needs not be a consecutive stay where you can opt for the free nights as vouchers towards a future visit

Thank you for your kind comments and please let me know before you plan your next visit at gm@jsluwansa.com.....I would enjoy meeting you in person.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Pleasantly surprised with the high level of service experienced at this hotel during a recent 1 week stay. An example: Standard tea served from their teapots during breakfast is usually weak and not strong enough for my liking. I asked a waiter for a tea bag and hot water and he readily obliged. Next day, another waiter (not the one I asked previously) already knew my preference and provided me my teabag and hot water without my asking. They make it a point to know their customers which is highly commendable.

Rooms are clean, facilities modern and I especially liked the open pool deck on the 5th floor which has a lovely idyllic view of the city. Highly recommended.

Only the business center computers are a little unreliable connection wise. Best to bring your own and hookup via their free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us and for noticing the little things we try and do for your guests.

For us, at JSL, its's the little things that add up to make a big difference and we strive each day for these opportunities.

While we may not be the most expensive or 5 star hotel, we have assembled a leadership team from the best global brands in Jakarta so that we can provide the best service at an affordable price.

Thank you again and happy and safe travels

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have been staying there for a long stay in Jakarta and I am very delighted to be back again.

The hotel just opened a few months ago so everything is brand new: rooms are comfortable, with good bed, amenities and Wi-Fi connection. There is a Vin Plus Gran Cru on first floor where you can enjoy wine tasting in a cosy atmosphere.

There is a nice pool which is quite long, so this is perfect for swimmers like me (it is much better than these lagoon style pools you can find in some resorts). The gym is also pleasant and is never crowded, even if the hotel is full.

Above all, I would like to congratulate the entire staff, from the doorman to the hotel manager (with a special thanks to the front desk manager Pak Dedi): they are always friendly in any situation, and efficient in solving the (very few) issues that could appear.

Eventually, this is what I am looking for in a hotel: a friendly staff that makes every guest special and that can solve any problems efficiently, because the perfect hotel does not exist.

J.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your glowing review!

Many additional thanks for recognizing Dedi for his professionalism and leadership of his Rooms Division team.

We are so pleased you find our hotel and our staff to be to your expectations and we look forward to your next return.

Happy and safe travels

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed in JS Luwansa in early Dec 2013 for 3 nights. It was a very pleasant stay as the staff were just great , especially Mr Dedi Ardiansyah, the front office manager. It is a relatively new hotel with modern facilities and very clean. The WiFi connectivity was excellent. I think it is great value for money and a gem in the Kuningan area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us with your comments.

Our entire team of associates will be so pleased you recognized their efforts which are so very appreciated.

More importantly, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Good service. Good location (city center & near to the shopping center). Hotel interior is very nice and unique. Breakfast is delicious. Really love the swiming pool. And the hotel staff is very helpful. Looking forward to stay in JS Luwansa in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for giving us your excellent review!

I can say that this is what we aspire to each day by providing you with genuine and attentive guest service delivery.

While we are far from perfect, our desire will always be to get things right for each of our guests expectations.

Our business model of affordable, clean, safe and engaging 5 star service hopefully will be recognized by more guests like yourself.

Looking forward to your return,

Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

It 2nd time We Stay at JS Luwansa Hotel ..... For the 1st time we stay 3 room for 2 night in April 2013 and and 2nd time, We Stayed for 2 room and two nights in November my Room very good ambiance and clean, staff was good service to me, breakfast was good also, The pool is nice for a quick refreshing swim. They provide towels and the bar staff is helpful. Have a nice swim in the afternoon, location located at central city, easy to Go shopping mall, sure good experience for me....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments!

As we are just 6 months opened, our staff and entire management team will be so pleased to know you were satisfied with our service on both stays.

Please know that we will continue to try and live up to your expectations each time you return and hope all of our future guests will experience the same..

Kind regards and safe travels,

richard mau

Been to JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!