“Still needs to work its kinks out...” 3 of 5 stars

JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   H. R. Rasuna Said Kav. C-22, Jakarta 12940, Indonesia   |
Ranked #18 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Still needs to work its kinks out...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went there for a business meeting. Some good things about the hotel - The rooms are simple, but nice. Being new, everything looks shiny. The room itself when compared to others is a bit on the smallish side, but decorated in a way that you won't feel claustrophobic. There's also a mall next to it (Epicenter) with a lot of restaurants.
The not so great things - the credit facilities are still a work in progress, so unless you leave a deposit it's likely that you will have to pay for room service by cash. Selections for room service is also a bit sparse, and food quality is mediocre.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your comments.

I will be sure to share it with our staff so that we can make the necessary improvements.

Regarding credit facilities, if you are not able to leave a credit card upon check in or a cash deposit, yes unfortunately, most hotels in the world will require a cash payment for room service.

Thank you again for writing and happy travels!

richard mau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights in October due to some positive comments in the internet. The location of the hotel is quite ok. To get a taxi should be no problem. All taxi driver know this hotel and from the airport you will need between 1-1,5 hours. The hotel is newly built and as I say everything was working. The check in was without any problems and quite fast. The hotel room was big engouh and clean. The bath room was clean as well and everything was working properly. The free of charge hotel Wifi connection is fast and was working perfectly. Unfortunately the hotel rooms are not really sound proof. You can here the other guests and the traffic from outside. The hotel pool and fintness center is nothing special. Not something you will choose this hotel for. The breakfast is ok. Some hot dishes as well Western style bread corner. The famous egg station is also there. The personal try the best, but there was nobody on the egg station for more than 15 minutes. We have askes for fried egg and they have to look for somebody in the kitchen to make us the eggs. On this day the toasting machine was also not there. If the hotel really want to be choosen they have to invest money to keep the hotel as new you can see it today. The value for your money is really ok and this hotel could be a choise if you stay in Jakarta. In total I can recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you have recommended the hotel for other guests.

I can assure you that not having someone at the egg station for more than 15 minutes was a either isolated incident or perhaps you may have just missed him during restocking a particular item.

If the toaster was being repaired, we would have gladly made the toast for you as we have done for other guests by simply making the request.

Nevertheless, we are glad to know you were able to find the rest of your stay to your satisfaction.

Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights in September. Very good location in the middle of Jakarta 's business district. Hotel is new and clean but I doubt, that the built quality will make it stay so for a long time.
Beds were new, thus comfy and aircon quiet.
Everything looks nice at 1st sight. But chairs in the restaurants, bar and even the in-room sofa are made from artificial leather. Not cozy and for me not 4star standard. Breakfast is just average and not tasty. Personnel at breakfast room appeared unmotivated, rather unfriendly for Indonesian terms.
Went to the bar with my wife for an evening drink. Were not able to book the bill to the room. Very annoying, as we went there relaxed and without cash. After a 30min discussion an "exceptional case" was made and we could pay the bill upon check out the next morning. Will likely not return there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your comments.
We will look your concerns so that we will not inconvenience future guests as we may have done to you on your visit.
I can assure you as indicated by all the the previous positive reviews of our property that this is not our standard of operation.

Thank you once again and we truly wish you success in finding a property at the right price, value, location and guest service experience.

Happy and safe travels

Richard Mau
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed for four days on a business trip in Jakarta. It is a new strategically located hotel. My taxi driver didn't know it, but thankfully I'm quite familiar with the area, so no problem.
The front desk was swift. It probably took only 5 minutes to complete my check-in. Very professional but lack of smile. A bit more smile won't hurt, miss... ^_^
The grand deluxe room I stayed in was good. Like I said, it is a new hotel, so all the furniture are in good condition. The room was rather small compare to other 4 star hotels, but I think that's how it is with new hotels nowadays. The free wifi was very good. Bathroom was very clean. Again, rather small, without bathtub, but very clean. My only complain was that the room service didn't replenish the bath gel, so it ran out in third day and I had to ask for more. Not a big deal though, but kind of disappointing for a 4-star hotel.
The breakfast was superb; a 5-star service, but not the coffee. Thankfully, I was able to order espresso or cappuccino in exchange of the regular coffee. And the espresso was just excellent. Definitely a 5-star breakfast experience.
Overall, I don't know what it is, but I fell like something is missing from this hotel, and prevent me from giving a 5-rating. A bit harsh for the management, I know. Sorry.... Nevertheless, I like the concept, the service and the location. So, definitely will return if I have business in surrounding area. Please keep the good work.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most detailed and appreciated review of the JS Luwansa!

As we have yet to complete our first year of operation, we do look to make even more improvements to our guest service delivery and product enhancement.

I will be sure to share your positive comments about your visit with the staff and will look forward to having you consider us again in the future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay...
Great accommodation...
Very friendly staff who are all always smiling and sy hello to you, and willing to help you anytime...
The food is also good...
The restroom is clean and organized
The ballroom is not too big, enough for about 250 people gathering with tables and chairs...

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit. As we are still within our fist year of operation, we truly appreciate your recognizing our team's efforts.

Wishing you more safe and pleasant travel experiences.

We look forward to your return!

kind regards,

Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting this hotel in July. The hotel exceeded my expectations. The hotel is brand new, modern, safe and secure. Every staff member with whom I had contact was extremely professional, polite, and courteous. It is evident the owners and management of this hotel take great pride in establishing a good reputation. The restaurant is great. We stayed on the top floor, which allowed us additional privileges. One would think that such high-level accommodations would cost an enormous amount of money. On the contrary, the price to stay is reasonable. I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor so you can enjoy the upgraded features :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us with your most appreciated comments.

We will be sure to share it with our entire staff as we enjoyed having you stay with us.

Best regards and happy future traveling!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am a frequent traveler to Jakarta and have stayed at a few 5 star properties over the years. I stumbled upon this new property and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised as I was able to get a very nice and spacious Ambassador Club room with all the benefits for less than a typical room at any 5 star brand. The Club Floor lounge located on the 20th is intimate and provides and nice private atmosphere.
The best thing about this property is the service and attentiveness of the staff across the board. While there may have been some minor gaps along the way.....they were sincere and had a genuine desire to make things right.
The pool is a cool chill out area after work and the fitness center is clean and well equipped. Both have boulevard views.
The rooms are clean, functional and the internet (good) is FREE!
Although this may not be a fancy 5 star brandl....I would rate it on the top of my list for its intangible qualities...Looking forward to my return

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us with your most positive comments.

It is what we aspire to do each day, provide engaging, responsive, and courteous service experiences.

We will be sure and share your note with all of our staff as they will appreciate your recognizing their efforts.

Looking forward to your return!

kind regards,
richard mau

Been to JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!