“A bad experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Whiz Hotel Kelapa Gading

You added Grand Whiz Hotel Kelapa Gading to your Saves list
Grand Whiz Hotel Kelapa Gading
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Bukit Gading Raya Kav. 1 Kelapa Gading | Kelapa Gading, Jakarta, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
NEW YEAR`S ROOM PACKAGE
Ranked #109 of 332 Hotels in Jakarta
Lille
“A bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I spend about 200 nights a year in hotels. I hate to give bad reviews but this hotel has forced me to do so. First thing at check out my company credit card was declined, I assured them the card was good but they declined to listen. A walk to the nearest ATM and withdraw the cash and back to the hotel. I then checked in took my luggage up to the room walked in and found someone still in the room!!!!!! lucky it was a male, I dread to think what would have happened if i had walked in to a Woman? The rooms are small and very basic, internet is only available in the room via ethernet cable so if you've got an iPad or similar your only choice is the lobby, having said that I did connect my lap top and the connection was very good. My room safe was not working when I arrived and it took 2 days and 3 requests to get it sorted. Because I had to pay up front for the room I had to pay each day for my laundry which was a real pain. The pool is ok but the attendant needs a lesson in customer service. Breakfast is only mediocre but acceptable. Now for my biggest complaint, the lifts, there are 3 lifts, 1 was out of action for the 6 days I was there ( I asked one of the staff and he told me it had been out if action for 11 days) the other 2 are used buy the guests and shared buy ALL the staff, you can wait ages for the lift and when it arrives its full of maintenance people, cleaners, bell boys..........totally unacceptable, I based my rating on my personnel experience, I hope others have a better stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Tito M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Whiz Hotel Kelapa Gading, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Mr/s LilleNigel,

Warmest greeting from Grand Whiz Hotel Kelapa Gading

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We thank you for your stay with us.
Some situation may not meet your expectation and we believe your bad experience during your stay here is going to be our learning in improvement to be much better in the future.

Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Hopefully we can meet up in the future, so we can do apologize directly to you.

Should you whiz any further question, kindly directly email to us : pre.kelapagading@grandwhiz.com.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Sankar Adityas
Public Relation Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Pros: new hotel; walking distance to Mall of Indonesia, Lotte Mart; nice food taste for room service; fast internet free access in the room; spacious restaurant.
Cons: waiting long call to be picked up to operator; average breakfast menu; small swimming pool; wifi only in lobby and restaurant, but no connection; small elevator; only 2 receptionist on the desk so it makes a long queue.

Room Tip: I was stay on 8th floor with balcony so I could get fresh air and see the sky
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We checked in around 11pm and was just looking towards a shower and straight to the bed but this hotel room that was allocated is just littered with lotsa problem.

First the air con dont work going beyond a lower temp, despite powering it up to 20 degree after an hour. Called the receptionist to have someone up to check but no one answers despite a few calls. Changed and went to look for some supports and 20 mins later, 2 staff brought in a gas cylinder to try to clean the air con. They took out the thickest most dusty filters and proceed to wash in the bathroom. It is obvious that they dont do much housekeeping at all! After all that cleaning and waiting, I thought the problem would have been fixed. No it didnt. And the air con switched off by itself!

Called the housekeepers again and they said that they best they can do is to check on the compressor tomorrow morning 7am instead, as it is located outside in another room. I gave up. The air con blows air that is not cooling and turns itself off every few hours (perhaps from overheating) and the staff cant do anything about it.

As we are just too tired, we decided to just sleep on it as we have a major presentation the next day...we learnt that the lights at the bar top cannot be switched off. Called the housekeeper again and they said there's no switch. We had to use a pillow to shield ourselves the glaring lights right at side of the beds.

The next day, we saw the housekeepers going around with the gas cylinders fixing aircons in other rooms. Seriously? What happened to housekeeping and making your customers comfortable?

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel becos it was just 3 mins away from my client's office. I stayed for 3 nights. The location was convenient & near the mall & restaurants. To go about you'll encounter the typical Jakarta crawl traffic. The breakfast was ok. I would have preferred a wider choice of bread. They do not serve evaporated milk for coffee & tea. You have to use the cold milk meant got the cereal. The room was small, there was no door for the shower, so the floor is wet after a session. The most irritating was the light at the coffee counter. It cannot be turned off. You would have to remove the room card to turn off the light. So it's either you sleep with the light on or without the air conditioning. Or be sure to have the eye cover. The cupboard is also a suitcase rack, there's no door, so the whole area looks kind of messy. There's no wifi in the room. Only lan connection. So bring along your personal router if you want wifi for your
mobile or iPad.

• Stayed October 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Love the room! Stayed in 2 bedroom apartement and love the place! Got stucked in lift though :-(
Breakfast is okay but not too various. The pool is small but it was okay. The bathroom has a hairdryer that is useful but difficult to operate because the wire got tangled up on the plug place and you can't pull it far

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 1 day and the room is clean but small. And also the bed is small not big as others. The balcon is locked.

The service is nice, friendly and fast.

The breakfast is quite delicious and have variety.

But the parking is not clean and not good enough.
The wifi only at lobby. And there are walkable supermarket and mall.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

have stay here for two nights for weekend. brand new hotel, so when we stayed i still can smelled the paint. but overall the location is good, near Mall of Indonesia, the room was good, big and clean.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Grand Whiz Hotel Kelapa Gading? Share your experiences!