“Great taste, great food, great chef :))” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5,452 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Plan B is a Cozy resturant in the center south of Jakarta. Our Chef, Oskar Urcelai will make sure that you have an authentic spanish food experience. Good Food, Spanish wine... all at an excellent price. Welcome to Plan B!!
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great taste, great food, great chef :))”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

When I miss Madrid, I come to this place. The taste simply reminds me a lot of Tapas in Madrid. I love the homemade lemon cake as well, it's superb!!
If you want to try the real authentic Spanish tapas (like in Spain), you may come here. The chef is nice too!! Gracias chef y gracias al equipo de Plan B!! :)))

xoxo

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
“Well below expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I was there with a friend for lunch. We have ordered about 5 tapas (including meatballs, black ink squid, shrimps, steak sandwich, mushrooms) a salad and few other things. I was expecting a much much better! The chef was in the kitchen and took care of our food, but pretty much everything was tasteless. The only interesting item was the black ink squid. We had water to drink so I do not rate the drinks.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great simple food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I was told to try 'Plan B' and I am glad I did.

Food it great, traditional Spanish food cooked with passion. The restaurant itself is rather small and nothing fancy, exactly that makes the place. I read on previous reviews that the house wine is not good and I agree, it isn't. So better order some other wine.

I will sure go again and have already recommended the place to friends.

Visited August 2013
Kuching, Malaysia
“One of the best "callos" ever...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am a Spanish food lover and came to plan B to check it out. I have been in Spain many times and despite I love the food I am a bit scared of trying Spanish food in other countries because usually is disappointing.
I had a meal based on tapas and beer and I must say that food was great. Empanada, garlic prawns, "boquerones" and the "callos" were really delicious. The price is really cheap compared to other Spanish restaurants around South East Asia, so I really recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Love the food - housewine is a slap in the face”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

First thing: we do love the food at Plan B, but seriously consider forgetting about the place, as last time we went there I ordered a caraffe of their housewine being the first one arriving and while waiting for the rest of the goup. I almost felt the chef was pulling my leg when I tried the house wine. But no, he was serious. I have never, ever in my live tasted a wine that bad. Not even in a chinese booz shop in East Kalimantan! Was it even wine? No idea. I would understand this, when the management was Indonesian and not familiar with wines, but as a spanish chef with spanish management and certainly spanish tastebuds this can only be a very bad joke. They should be serving either a decent house wine or none at all, really. This is a disgrace and an impertinence. Maybe they want to make they patrons order the (far more expensive and of course far better) bottled wine, but this is not a good way to deal with ones patrons. I almost considered it an offence (as a European from a wine making region) to be served something that appalling and even trying to justify it.
We'll not be back unless we hear that they dumped that stuff and actually serve real wine as housewine and aka take their patrons seriously.

• Visited June 2013